Unknown, Interesting, Stupid, and Funny Facts About FE9

Kinata

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only one place in the game that has enemy pegasus knights. 17-4.

Stefan has the lowest luck, and as a result, the lowest evade rate out of all the in-game swordmasters despite most likely being the most experienced. Mia and Zihark, the two with the least experience, have the most evade and all-around better stats at equal levels with Zihark, whom is hinted to have the least experience out of all of them, being considered the best.

Calill shows up in a house in the early-game that can be destroyed by bandits (she gives you a spirit dust as I recall). Even if it is destroyed, however, she can still be recruited later on.

Edited by Snowy_One

I thought he couldn't Aether at range in any situation, like all mastery skills with a handful of exceptions like Deadeye and Flare.

We all know Ike can't Aether at range(Greil somehow can, with a ranged axe), but Luna/Sol can be performed with a ranged spear/axe. I know this because Gatrie procced Luna on a Trial Map gen using a spear. I also vaguely remember Oscar pulling off a Sol attack with a short spear(I've seen him do it with a steel bow, as well). Colossus can also performed at a range. I've seen goldiex39's Path of Radiance Mastery Skillz video, and I saw Largo pull off a Colossus with a short axe.

As far as I know, Stun, Astra, and sword variants of Aether, Luna, and Sol cannot be done from range.

• 1 month later...

Mist has a base Con of 5.

Boyd has a base Con of 10.

Despite this, she is able to smite him on chapter 17-4.

If I remember correctly, that is. Can't remember what Cons Smite can work with.

You're correct. Even more notably, she can smite him while riding her horse if promoted, showing that the creators of the game actually went through the effort of giving her a smite animation for that one scene. Also in that scene, Ike suggests that Leanne is half or just above half of Mist's weight. But he base con is 5, and Leanne's is 2, so she is actually under half of Mist's con. And apparently, citizens have enough con to shove/smite untransformed Ranulf.

In chapter 20, you fight two level 1 sages with a D rank in staves, which would be impossible for your sages. The only way to get a D rank in staves is to use a Heal staff 10 times, and 10x11=110 experience, which is enough to level up.

In chapter 20, you fight two level 1 sages with a D rank in staves, which would be impossible for your sages. The only way to get a D rank in staves is to use a Heal staff 10 times, and 10x11=110 experience, which is enough to level up.

Cecilia in fe6 has a similar problem with actually reaching promotion. I know it's a completely different game, but IS doesn't seem to consider just how a unit would manage to reach the level and weapon rank that it gives them. Like fe7 Marcus and his B axes despite being a Level 1 Paladin.

We all know Ike can't Aether at range

I am 100% sure he can, as I remember musing at it. Basically, (since this only works with Ragnell) he does the normal spin thing but on the spot and the shockwave thing comes out and hits the enemy, much like what happens in a normal attack.

Edited by Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

There are two mentions on this thread about young ike and young rolf haing higher hp and mag caps.

How do people know this?

Firstly I know the stat caps for all the characters are on this website, but how do you see them in-game? Secondly I vaguely recall young ike (although not young rolf) appearing in cutscenes, but how do you see their stats or stat caps from the cutscenes?

Just really curious about where these pieces of info comes from.

There are two mentions on this thread about young ike and young rolf haing higher hp and mag caps.

How do people know this?

Young Ike having higher HP and Magic caps was debunked, since he isn't ever of the Child class as far as I know. Rolf is a Child in several cutscenes and Children have higher HP and Mag caps compared to most non-promoted classes (60 and 20 versus 40 and 15 respectively).

Firstly I know the stat caps for all the characters are on this website, but how do you see them in-game? Secondly I vaguely recall young ike (although not young rolf) appearing in cutscenes, but how do you see their stats or stat caps from the cutscenes?

Just really curious about where these pieces of info comes from.

You don't usually, but you can find them by using cheat codes or by hacking the game ^^

Child Rolf looks exactly the same as the Archer Rolf that you recruit because they share the same model. Conversely, the young Ike in the flashback is still a Lord despite having a different model.

As I mentioned to Kinata, class and model are independent of one another (so you can have Ike as a Bishop, but his appearance on the map will be unchanged. Although when he enters battle it might glitch up).

Edited by VincentASM

if you activate Sol with the runesword, you will gain HP by damage done twice

(example: I just activated Sol with Mist while using runesword with only 3 HP left. she did 16 damage and gained 32 HP)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure everyone knows this already, but if you give Ike the skill Aether and have him attack a door, he will sometimes Aether repeatedly without actually hitting the door. I guess Ike is afraid of doors.....

I am 100% sure he can, as I remember musing at it. Basically, (since this only works with Ragnell) he does the normal spin thing but on the spot and the shockwave thing comes out and hits the enemy, much like what happens in a normal attack.

So far as I know, I've never seen it happen at range.

Then what were you talking about just now?

In trial maps 1, 2, 3, and 6, you are guaranteed to get an A on at least one of the ranks. For maps 2 and 6, this is because they are defend maps and you are guaranteed to get a perfect tactics rank since there is a set turn count for the map. For maps 1 and 3, this is because they are rout maps. The more turns you take, the more enemies will have appeared and been killed, improving your battle rank but hurting your tactics rank. IS obviously made get all A's possible, so if you go above or below the optimal turn range, you'll still get an A in one of the categories.

• 1 month later...

You're correct. Even more notably, she can smite him while riding her horse if promoted, showing that the creators of the game actually went through the effort of giving her a smite animation for that one scene. Also in that scene, Ike suggests that Leanne is half or just above half of Mist's weight. But he base con is 5, and Leanne's is 2, so she is actually under half of Mist's con. And apparently, citizens have enough con to shove/smite untransformed Ranulf.

Could they have possibly used an arms scroll? I can't remember if that's even possible, since you can't technically equip staves in PoR.... Actually I don't think I've ever even tried it. But nevertheless, it's a thought....

• 2 weeks later...

Could they have possibly used an arms scroll? I can't remember if that's even possible, since you can't technically equip staves in PoR.... Actually I don't think I've ever even tried it. But nevertheless, it's a thought....

You can only raise staff levels with arms scrolls by equipping a light tome. That's out of the question.

• 2 months later...

Since we're on the topic of defense chapters, it is impossible to beat Chapter 13 with only Ike being deployed. The enemy will always seize the location before Ike can get there.

The interesting fact here is that it shouldn't matter if the enemy succeeds, since it is discovered after the chapter that Sanaki was not there.

In chapter 8, Ilyana will never attack you (she just runs up and sits), but she will seize your fort and give you a Game Over if able.

That's true only in NM and EM. In HM she doesn't move and just sits at the rear area, where the armours start spawning on around turn 4.

That's true only in NM and EM. In HM she doesn't move and just sits at the rear area, where the armours start spawning on around turn 4.

Uh, definitely not, considering I recruited her in my last draft (HM) where I only used Ike and Titania, and Ike never left the middle area.

Since we're on the topic of defense chapters, it is impossible to beat Chapter 13 with only Ike being deployed. The enemy will always seize the location before Ike can get there.

The interesting fact here is that it shouldn't matter if the enemy succeeds, since it is discovered after the chapter that Sanaki was not there.

This is untrue. Talk to anyone who's ever completed an Ike-only play-through. As I am just finishing up an Ike-Only play-through(or semi-Ike-only), I will tell you it is completely possible. Chapter 13 is one of the easiest yet one of the most tedious chapters for an Ike-Only run. The only thing is that you must rely on the Other units to guard it before you get there.

Also, so I can keep the thread going, Paladins, despite being the most effective and plentiful of all the units in your arsenal, appear only four times as enemy bosses. They are: Mackoya in Chapter 11, Petrine in 23, Rickard in 24, and Bertram in 26.

[edit]

To further rectify this statement, here are the numbers of boss classes:

Bandit/Berserker: 5

Knight/General: 8(granted, two of those are sort of mini-bosses, and one is the BK)

Soldier/Halberdier: 3(another low count)

Mage/Sage/Bishop:4

Paladin: 4

Laguz: 4

Sniper: 1

Swordmaster: 1(also extremely low, considering they're in rather surplus)

Wyvern Lord: 2

So, in terms of greatest to least, here is the list:

Knight/General(8)

Bandit/Beserker(5)

Mage/Sage/Bishop:4

Paladin:4

Laguz: 4

Wyvern Lord: 2

Swordmaster:1

Sniper: 1

The lowest actually goes to the class of Pegasus Knight/Falcon Knight. There are no bosses of this class. You barely have to fight any. Also the Valkyrie class would take this place too, but there are only two appearing Valkyries in the entire game: Mist, and the NPC in chapter 24.

Edited by StinDuh