Unknown, Interesting, Stupid, and Funny Facts About FE9

Kinata

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't fight any Falcon Knights actually, at least on HM.

Yes, I believe I went over that. I noted that only the classes Pegasus/Falcon Knight and Valkyrie do not appear as enemy bosses. I then noted that Valkyries don't appear once at all as an enemy.

Also, Rolf never loses a game of Hide-And-Seek.

In the endgame there is a Silver Blade swordmaster with Adept. I think he's the only generic enemy not counting Bishops and Thieves who has a skill.

I may be wrong, but I think there are multiple in the last chapter when playing hard mode. I think one has a vantage as well. Not sure.

I was on Normal Mode and just finished the playthrough today, I don't remember any others. I just remember because Calill attacked him and her Nihil activated. There are probably more in HM that I haven't seen or paid attention to.

Yes, I believe I went over that. I noted that only the classes Pegasus/Falcon Knight and Valkyrie do not appear as enemy bosses. I then noted that Valkyries don't appear once at all as an enemy.

But you never pointed out that Falcon Knights never appeared as enemies, which is what Kinata was saying.

There are probably more in HM that I haven't seen or paid attention to.

I remember a Wyvern Lord with Vantage, a Paladin with Nihil or Adept (I don't quite remember which), a Swordmaster with Astra and a Sniper with Deadeye. I don't know if there are others.

But you never pointed out that Falcon Knights never appeared as enemies, which is what Kinata was saying.

I remember a Wyvern Lord with Vantage, a Paladin with Nihil or Adept (I don't quite remember which), a Swordmaster with Astra and a Sniper with Deadeye. I don't know if there are others.

Thanks Radiant. ;):

And I'm pretty sure both of the generals with Bryce have Guard like him (or maybe just one of them). Also, the lv 16 general in Trial Map 1 has Renewal (he's also the only generic boss).

• 3 weeks later...

Any playable unit (or I assume so since I did it with Jill and Astrid) can Push the rocks down on Ch 25.

And at the same time, if you push the top rocks on the right side of the map down before the lower rocks are pushed, the pushed rock will pass right through the still rock. I thought it just wouldn't let you push the rock :P I guess the enemy AI is just programmed not to push the top rocks until the bottom ones are pushed.

I'm sure Reyson would pleased to hear that. :P:

In theory, you could get Ashnard killed in Trial Map 1 by having your units positioned at the rocks and dropping them on him while your Laguz shove him from spot to spot.

Reyson also has the ability to kill enemies with counter (I think). BTW, can counter bypass the goddess' blessing? I wonder if IS remembered to prevent that from happening.

Reyson also has the ability to kill enemies with counter (I think). BTW, can counter bypass the goddess' blessing? I wonder if IS remembered to prevent that from happening.

Actually, I don't think Counter will activate unless you can counterattack normally. I've never seen Titania activate Counter without weapons equipped. I'm not sure about the Goddess' Blessing work-around, though.

And at the same time, if you push the top rocks on the right side of the map down before the lower rocks are pushed, the pushed rock will pass right through the still rock. I thought it just wouldn't let you push the rock :P I guess the enemy AI is just programmed not to push the top rocks until the bottom ones are pushed.

Aw that would've been such a good idea too! xD

Idk if this is unknown, interesting, stupid, or funny, but Rhys is the only unit you get that starts out with neither strength or defense.

You have 2 of them in chapter 17 scene 4 ; on hard mode.

Those are pegasus knights. We're talking specifically about promoted ones.

In the manual, you see some things that you can't see in the actual game. First off, the stat pages of most characters show them with 20 movement and really messed up stats. I can't exactly remember what was so messed up about the stats; I think there were some characters with all caps and others who only seemed to have raised their stats during promotion. There were also pictures of map models of Greil being playable (he had a blue circle under him) and an enemy Falcon Knight.

Regular hawks have a higher speed cap than regular ravens.

Anna claims during the tutorial for Defeat Boss battles that you can find out who the boss is from the conditions page, but she is wrong 3 times. In the Prologue, it is said Boyd is the boss (until Greil comes), in ch. 19, it is said Naesala is the boss (until he is defeated or talks to Reyson, neither of which has to happen), and in hard mode Endgame, regular Ashnard is considered to be the boss (until he goes berserk, and then the conditions screen reflects that change). In all 3 of these cases, you can defeat the "boss" and not win, and in ch. 19's case, you can beat the true boss and win before the conditions screen even tells you he is the actual boss.

During tutorials, instead of the units having the insignia of their kingdom like Crimea's flower arrangement or Begnion's shield thing as a face, they have that same weird square face as is printed in the background of Soren's reports. And if you look carefully at the sail of the middle ship in ch. 13 by changing the camera angle, you can actually see the Begnion insignia. I'm pretty sure that it is removed in the nearly identical Trial Map 6, though I can't remember for sure.

The description of the Trainer and training axe suggests that the reason no one dies in the Prologue is because of the practice weapons. In actuality, they are not programmed to be special in any way. Falling down but not disappearing and dying is something specifically programmed to happen, which also happens with Muarim in ch. 15, Naesala in ch. 19, and regular Ashnard in hard mode Endgame. Interestingly, if you kill any of these guys with a mounted unit and you look at the stats of the fallen enemy while canto'ing away, you will see the fallen character supposedly has 1 HP left.

Since the Trainer is actually programmed to kill enemies, it is better than the iron sword in every way except for its inability to critical. Also, there are a bunch of weird conversations in the prologue. If Ike goes longer without fighting Boyd then necessary, Boyd will get progressively more impatient with you until he endlessly begins each turn with some response about how he is falling asleep. If Ike drops his Trainer, Mist will give it back to you and tell you not to be so clumsy with it. If you shove Boyd, he will get mad at you.

Edited by Kinata

In the manual, you see some things that you can't see in the actual game. First off, the stat pages of most characters show them with 20 movement and really messed up stats. I can't exactly remember what was so messed up about the stats; I think there were some characters with all caps and others who only seemed to have raised their stats during promotion. There were also pictures of map models of Greil being playable (he had a blue circle under him) and an enemy Falcon Knight.

I just checked this and JESUS. Here is a supposedly level 20/1 Ike:

HP: 44

Str: 23

Mag: 17

Skl: 22

Spd: 22

Lck: 40

Def: 23

Res: 22

Mov: 20

There's also a completely capped out Titania at level 20 with 20 Move.

During tutorials, instead of the units having the insignia of their kingdom like Crimea's flower arrangement or Begnion's shield thing as a face, they have that same weird square face as is printed in the background of Soren's reports.

Can't quite remember, but I'm assuming you're referring to the Greil Mercenaries's insignia.

If Ike goes longer without fighting Boyd then necessary, Boyd will get progressively more impatient with you until he endlessly begins each turn with some response about how he is falling asleep. If Ike drops his Trainer, Mist will give it back to you and tell you not to be so clumsy with it. If you shove Boyd, he will get mad at you.

hahaha, that sounds funny. I think I might try that next time I play.

I'm fairly sure that Titania's caps in the manual do not correspond with her actual caps as well.

No, her caps are correct. What's more interesting is that she is level 20...with 70 experience.

I'm fairly sure that Titania's caps in the manual do not correspond with her actual caps as well.

I just checked the manual and they're fine (unless it's a NA thing, I have the EU version). The odd thing I did notice was that she has 70 Exp when she's Level 20.

EDIT

No... beaten. Need to think of a good fact...

Edited by VincentASM