Unknown, Interesting, Stupid, and Funny Facts About FE9

Kinata

Can't quite remember, but I'm assuming you're referring to the Greil Mercenaries's insignia.

Ah so it's the Greil Mercenaries' insignia. They never mention these things in game. And apparently, even Serenes Forest has an insignia. I don't think we ever get to see it in game.

So I guess the units we see in the Tutorials are what generic Greil Mercenaries would be like. I guess the club isn't as exclusive as we thought.

According to Fire Emblem Wiki, Anna appears as a Pegasus Knight in the tutorials of the game. Is this true? I don't remember seeing a tutorial where Anna is actually on the map herself.

If you watch the Visit Tutorial in ch. 1 when the game offers to show it to you, Ike does not get his extra 3 iron swords. So sad.

Edited by Kinata

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah so it's the Greil Mercenaries' insignia. They never mention these things in game. And apparently, even Serenes Forest has an insignia. I don't think we ever get to see it in game.

I believe Serenes Forest's is used in FE10. The insignia is also left unused in FE9; before I got the higher res version from Fire Emblem World, I used that on the main site for Jyosua's plaque.

A while ago me and BK were discussing what's the most money you can obtain (let's say on hard mode). I never ended out getting the exact amount (maybe I'll try figuring it out again later), but I found that you have to do some interesting things to get a perfect score. For chapters 1-3, it's pretty much a Titania solo. In ch. 1, she has to OHKO the boss and the myrmidon with the droppable iron sword with an iron axe since it's the cheapest weapon per use. In ch. 2, she has to rout the enemies using only counter thanks to the healhedges (so she has an infinite supply of power). There may be a couple myrmidons though that she has to kill with an iron axe because they can't damage her. She also has to use her iron axe on the fighter with the droppable steel axe so he doesn't damage it. In ch. 3, once again, it's a OHKO the boss, the myrmidon with the droppable vulnerary, and the fighter with the hand axe with an iron axe.

Ch. 4-8, Ike solo with the free Regal sword.:newyears: I think he runs out though with literally one enemy to spare, even if he OHKO's everything he needs to, so Titania may have to use counter on one enemy.

Chapter 9 and on, it's pretty much a laguz solo, except you have to use your thieves to steal every possible item at full durability (ugh it's my perfect playthrough all over again). That includes that one freaking coin in ch. 13, just for the single G. :awesome:

The Ragnell of course will be quite helpful when you get it, and you may want to use Rolf for his free bow. Unfortunately, you can't use Elincia and her Amiti because you'll need to kill Geoffrey, Lucia, or Bastian so the Amiti gets replaced with the nice valuable slim sword. :P:

Edited by Kinata

• 7 months later...

If you wound Naesala's ravens in Chapter 19 without actually killing them and steal all Vulneraries/Elixirs/Mend staves from the enemies, in the end, the ravens will just swarm around your healers instead of fleeing the map.

To solve the problem, you either have to heal them or Rescue/Drop them as far away from your healers as possible, preferably near the edges of the map.

Edited by Al_Sleeper

If you wound Naesala's ravens in Chapter 19 without actually killing them and steal all Vulneraries/Elixirs/Mend staves from the enemies, in the end, the ravens will just swarm around your healers instead of fleeing the map.

To solve the problem, you either have to heal them or Rescue/Drop them as far away from your healers as possible, preferably near the edges of the map.

So that's why, huh? It happened to me once and I was so confused...

If both Mist and Boyd are present in the beginning of chapter 17, part 3, Boyd will mock Mist for weighing twice as much as Leanne and if Mist is not yet promoted, she will shove Boyd and he will fall to the ground. But if Mist was rescued by someone in the end of the last chapter, you will not she her shove Boyd, but he will fall to the ground nevertheless!

If both Mist and Boyd are present in the beginning of chapter 17, part 3, Boyd will mock Mist for weighing twice as much as Leanne and if Mist is not yet promoted, she will shove Boyd and he will fall to the ground. But if Mist was rescued by someone in the end of the last chapter, you will not she her shove Boyd, but he will fall to the ground nevertheless!

This sounds like it belongs in the FE10 board... I've never seen this though... Interesting.

disregard, im dumb

Edited by StinDuh

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the back of some houses have back-doors (open, back doors, as in visitable). I was looking at the model earlier and noticed this :o I don't know if you can visit these houses from the back, or if a bandit can enter the house from the back. But it is interesting.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the speculation that Beuforres was Renning? If you just look at Beuforres's textures for his unit/battle model, the face is Renning's. Unfortunately we don't have a unit of Renning in the game to directly compare though :/

Edited by Celice

EDIT: Oh yeah, the speculation that Beuforres was Renning? If you just look at Beuforres's textures for his unit/battle model, the face is Renning's. Unfortunately we don't have a unit of Renning in the game to directly compare though :/

Why don't you just compare it to Renning's model in Radiant Dawn? He can't have changed his appearance much in 3 years, surely.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Soren needs to be present for it to happen too.

Celice refuses to use anything aside from the Japanese names, people say you get used to it but I haven't

I've seen that, I just honestly wasn't sure who he was saying because I play the English version.

Someone really needs to talk to him about this...

Celice refuses to use anything aside from the Japanese names, people say you get used to it but I haven't

Actually, he uses english names sometimes, such as Celice instead of Serisu and Renning instead of Reningu. I guess he just uses whatever name he likes more!

I use Lucius instead of Lucea, and half the names from the later games I forget so I have to check who they are, and I look up their English names. I use the JP names because that's the name I had when the game first came out, and it sticks. (I actually had this problem last night while looking through FE10's files--I couldn't figure out who the fuck this Chap dude was)

You might as well complain against people who use Yuria instead of Julia too.

Actually, he uses english names sometimes, such as Celice instead of Serisu and Renning instead of Reningu. I guess he just uses whatever name he likes more!

You mean Serlis, not Serisu or Celice. That is of course the official English name for him. Also Zigludo for Sigurd.

Edited by Celice

I use Lucius instead of Lucea, and half the names from the later games I forget so I have to check who they are, and I look up their English names. I use the JP names because that's the name I had when the game first came out, and it sticks. (I actually had this problem last night while looking through FE10's files--I couldn't figure out who the fuck this Chap dude was)

You might as well complain against people who use Yuria instead of Julia too.

Yuria is in such wide use that it's pretty easy to tell who people are talking about, plus it's pretty similar to Julia anyway. Julia is also from a game that doesn't have a canon translation. The same can't really be said for Beuforres. In fact, you're the only person I've ever seen use his name, and he's not a widely discussed character in the first place. There is also a canon translation: Bertram, which is pretty dissimilar.

I think it's just a matter of avoiding confusion. People are unlikely to get mixed up if you call Lachesis "Rackesis" or Lana "Rana". People will get mixed up if you call Bertram "Beuforres" or Bastian "Ulysses".

I wonder--is the property for that item still in the game, though? Like, could you give another item like those bracelets the properties of either card? The properties in question might still be in the game, residing with the other item properties data.

I'm not sure, but I have my doubts.

You can if check the Silver Card "works" since its still in the game, but looking at its data it doesn't look any different from a White Gem, which has no special effect.

Although that's not conclusive evidence that the properties don't exist--the map model labels for Assassin Sothe, older Sanaki and Deghinsea don't appear in the main database file, but work fine if you add them in.

Edited by VincentASM

• 2 weeks later...

I started up sniffing files again, and it turns out some of the village homes in battle scenes also have back doors. They are remodeled, hi-res objects and are not the other houses scaled up, so that's two entirely different places which made a point to include back doors no one would ever be able to see (these are open back doors, as in, accessible, as in, visit-these-places doors). Though in all possibility, they could have just scaled the initial home and restructured it as deemed necessary.

On Easy/Normal Mode, it's possible to beat Chapter 28 without killing Heddwyn. The reason for this is because, inexplicably, he doesn't stand on the seize space, rather one space in front of it. If you group enough people around him and then have the person right next to him use Rescue on Ike, the Rescue staff will place Ike on the closest open square, which if you did it right is the seize square.

It does absolutely nothing but it's interesting, mostly because why the hell isn't Heddwyn just on the seize square? He is in HM. Did they really think he was just sooo difficult with that minuscule healing bonus?

For kicks, the only bosses that you don't have to kill are:

-Dakova (Presumably dies anyways due to Petrine's punishment)

-Kamura (Dies anyways in cutscene)

-Nedata

-Danomill

-Mackoya

-Norris (Drowns?)

-Kasatai

-Rikard

-Black Knight

-Heddwyn

-Bryce (Canonically dies)

Edited by General Banzai

On Easy/Normal Mode, it's possible to beat Chapter 28 without killing Heddwyn. The reason for this is because, inexplicably, he doesn't stand on the seize space, rather one space in front of it. If you group enough people around him and then have the person right next to him use Rescue on Ike, the Rescue staff will place Ike on the closest open square, which if you did it right is the seize square.

It does absolutely nothing but it's interesting, mostly because why the hell isn't Heddwyn just on the seize square? He is in HM. Did they really think he was just sooo difficult with that minuscule healing bonus?

Does he appear there on hard? Also, if the hawks can shove, which I honestly don't remember, and fly over that part of the building (I think they can), they can fly behind him and shove him for another way to end the chapter without killing him.