geozeldadude

*Copied from my topic*

Sorry but...

Cystal:

Red Gyrados (Duh)

Ruby:

Zigagoon-Linoone (Event)

Taillow-Swellow (Random Occurance)

Tentacool (I caught it but then in about 10 min my cousin erased it... but she counted)

Golbat-Crobat (Trade, but I had 2 pink crobats)

Sapphire:

Rayquaza (Random occurance, i didn't know until later he was green...)

Emerald:

Treeko-Grovyle-Sceptile (Egg)

Poochyena (First pokemon I ran into that I could catch, thank goodness!)

Colluseum:

Crocanaw-Feralagatr (Snagged from the blue guy in the snagem hideout, didn't figure out it was shiny until he evolved)

X D:

Sandshrew-Sandslash (Pokespot, looked funny when i saw her then i saw it was shiny and i flipped)

Firered:

Ninorina F, Poliwag-Poliwhirl-Politoad (Random occurance)

Pearl:

Cressila (Thought I had my action replay in, didn't pay it mind, then noticed it was at my friend's house)

I think thats all, but i always wanted a shiny oddish, love those guys.

Can anyone top my list? I'd love to think so. I had 14 without cheats.

Edited by Dancer A

2nd Generation: Shiny Tentacool, which I evolved and Red Gyarados from Lake of Rage.

3rd Generation: 2 Shiny Cubones, 1 of them I evolved. Also, I have a Shiny Kyogre from my friend (he said he got it from resetting the Kyogre encounter a lot).

4th Generation: Shiny Geodude, Tentacruel, and Floatzel.

Do you mean Master Ball? Premier Balls are equivalent to poke balls :P.

And looking at this thread, we either have

a: Lots of people who appease the RNG goddess

b: Lots of people who lie

c: The people on either end of the bell curve (given they're the most likely to post about their unusual experience)

d: Lots of people who play pokemon far, far too much.

Perhaps a combination of a, c and d with perhaps a touch of b.

My rate is lucky?! Then again, I also EV train like no one's business. . .

I seem to get one every generation. Can't wait to see what B/W have to offer me!

i haven't played pearl/diamond yet. do shinies show up for online trades often? just curious.

They do but most of them are hacked thanks to the widespread usage of R4 and other similar cartridges that make hacking a breeze.

Diamond, Pearl and Platinum also offer 2 new ways for better odds at finding shinies. One of them is by chaining pokémon. Once you've chained 40+ pokémon (finding the same pokémon through the PokéRadar 40 or more times in a row, your odds of finding a shiny will become 1/2048). The other method is the Masuda method which consists in breeding a pokémon with a pokémon from a foreign game.

They do but most of them are hacked thanks to the widespread usage of R4 and other similar cartridges that make hacking a breeze.

is there any diff between a hacked shiny and a legit one, i.e. any way to tell?

Diamond, Pearl and Platinum also offer 2 new ways for better odds at finding shinies. One of them is by chaining pokémon. Once you've chained 40+ pokémon (finding the same pokémon through the PokéRadar 40 or more times in a row, your odds of finding a shiny will become 1/2048).

after chaining do the odds get reset if after 40 of one pokemon you go to a different one and then come back? just curious.

is there any diff between a hacked shiny and a legit one, i.e. any way to tell?

It depends if the hacker is lazy or not. Most of them will have illegal IVs spread and the wrong trash bytes, thus a program that checks for those can identify those shinies as hacked pokémon. Some other hackers are more careful and normalize the pokémon making them virtually 100% legit.

after chaining do the odds get reset if after 40 of one pokemon you go to a different one and then come back? just curious.

Yes, the odds reset. They reset each time your chain breaks or you change routes and it gets harder to chain them as the number of chained pokémon increases, unfortunately.

This video speaks for itself in my case :

Aside from those, I also got in 4th Gen two Shiny Bidoof (both in a chance encouter), a Shokotan Pichu (which I got by reserving my ticket for the Arceus Movie back when I was in a study trip in Japan), and a French Spring Pichu (got via Wi-Fi Mystery Gift).

And recently,

appeared as a non-capturable opponent in my Emerald's Battle Tower.

G/S/C : Nothing.sad.gif

R/S/E: Zubat, Golbat, Electrike, Manectrike, Pikachu, Gloom.

LG/FR: I can't remember. (I know it was 2 pokemon)

P/P/D: Hm... Totodile (egg) , Pikachu (again), Pichu, Geodude, Roselia, Ditto, and Ralts.

And none of them are over 120 hours. :awesome: (The most is Platinum at around 112 hours I think.)

Other than the Red Gyarados...

Crystal: Tentacool, surfing in the water behind New Bark Town.

Ruby: Zubat, I think I was either passing through or looking for a Solrock in Meteor Falls. Popped up.

Leaf Green: Haunter, stupid Cubone being hard to fi- oh hello there shiny Haunter! Second time was a Bold Spearow, stayed with me the whole game and evolved into Fearow. Only shiny I have on me now.

Black Rayquaza, bitches.

What? Saving in front of the Pokemon and reset spamming for 3 hours is legitimate.

I actually caught him Black twice, too. Once on the second playthrough, and then once again after some douchefag reset my savefile.

And then I somehow managed to accidentally threw the damn game away. ToT

Tried the same thing in HGSS. Blue Mewtwo is gay, btw.