Twilight

Darros

To elaborate: The characters are all pretty much defined by a small set of traits.

Edward: Hot (metaphorically), cold (in temperature), beautiful, and protective (to the point of stalking). The word "Adonis" is overused.

Bella: Madly in love with Edward (emphasis on the mad), clumsy, not that pretty (translates to beautiful), tendency to be a bitch towards everyone non-Edward.

Jacob: Hot (metaphorically and in temperature), protective (to the point of violence).

Alice: Manic pixie dream girl.

And so on and so forth.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This shirt made me a lot of enemies when I wore it to school. What makes me dislike twilight is the amount of people who will give you death threats for expressing how you thought the first book should have ended. Just my two cents, feel free to disregard.

I'm not one to actually advocate television, but Joss Whedon's programming is borderline messianic. Never mind the fact that he created the only female icon that wasn't in a dress or suicidal and caviar-loving, but his portrayals of vampires outclass Alucard and Cedric any day.

Case in point, James Marsters, David fucking Boreanaz, and, naturally, this.

I'm not one to actually advocate television, but Joss Whedon's programming is borderline messianic. Never mind the fact that he created the only female icon that wasn't in a dress or suicidal and caviar-loving, but his portrayals of vampires outclass Alucard and Cedric any day.

Case in point, James Marsters, David fucking Boreanaz, and, naturally, this.

Get the fuck out of here man.

I honestly belive that Twilight is just a silly and stupid( ahem, poorly written) piece of writing tragetted toward a silly and oftentimes stupid fanbase. That being, horomone crazed teenagers.

It, as I mentioned before, is poorly written, somewhat slutty, redundant, it depicts both humans and vampires in a sickening way, and finally, models an obsessive relationship to an already unstable audience. In other words, the books are mockery to writing.

It is truly sad to have seen the concept of the vampire so twisted and utterly transmorgified throughout the recent years, and I fear the Twilight is merely yet another step in this dreaded process of corruption. Woe upon those who have defiled this great literary concept.

Edited by Sophius

In other words, the books are mockery to writing.

Oh please, you're, what, fourteen. You've read like ten books.

It is truly sad to have seen the concept of the vampire so twisted and utterly transmorgified throughout the recent years, and I fear the Twilight is merely yet another step in this dreaded process of corruption. Woe upon those who have defiled this great literary concept.

Put. The. Thesaurus. Down.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Essau, if you don't mind, would you please leave me alone. Both of your attacks happen to be quite false, and it would be much appreciated if you comment on my intended message than you just posting to insult me. I have to deal with this crap too much in life for me to have to stand on forums too.

Nah. As long as you continue to try to weirdly inflate your appearance of intelligence by using odd words, I'm going to point it out.

You're not fooling anyone. If you presented your ideas in clear, concise words, you'd seem far smarter. It's one thing to add some form of eloquence to a post, it's another to pointlessly place complex-sounding terms where they are beyond unneeded.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my friends got me Twilight for my birthday a couple of years ago, so I read it to be polite.

Didn't like it. Bella's whiny and pessimistic attitude frustrated me. And, this may seem random, but I hated that it was set in a place where the weather is always miserable. It bored the shit out of me. The same friend got me the next one (was it New Moon?) for my birthday the next year, but I still haven't picked it up yet. :/ I don't want to subject myself to more of Bella's complaining.

I saw the first movie when it first came out, and I liked that. Better than the book. I haven't seen the other movies yet though.

This shirt made me a lot of enemies when I wore it to school. What makes me dislike twilight is the amount of people who will give you death threats for expressing how you thought the first book should have ended. Just my two cents, feel free to disregard.

I want one.

• 1 month later...

For me, I guess Twilight is not my cup of tea. This series kind of ruin the vampire image for me -these days I'm really hesitant to pick up newly written Vampire/Werewolf themed books because most of them just follow the Twilight!vampire trend.

The first book is okay, but the series went downhill after that. And I cringe everytime I see a review that highlights Bella as a strong heroine (blah).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I couldn't bring myself to read this. Before I read the first couple of pages of the first book I thought the story very boring, and after I read the first couple of pages I thought that Twilight was an insult to every writer, every book and every vampire in existence.

It was so unappealingly written that I couldn't bear much than two pages. Seriously. (And that although I try to read every book I start completely, even if I don't like it at the beginning). Sadly, I'm an unlucky person, and we once watched the first movie in school for some reason. I told myself "okay, if everyone talks about, at least watch it so you know how you can complain about it". After 15 minutes I took out the book I secretly brought to school that day (I've read a lot of books during classes. Hardly anyone ever noticed.) and read it for the rest of the lesson. Twilight is...I'm sorry, I can't express how much I detest it.

If I could do something about the book, I'd bring in Buffy, Angel or Blade to kill of the entire cast. Or Mick St. John. Oh wait, he's a privat eye, no vampire slayer.

I hope Robert Pattinson is killed by Jacob-fans. :D

At least I liked "Vampires Suck". Great Twilight-parody.

I have two options. I could either joke around and say it's the best book ever, and we haven't known literature until the first Twilight was released.

Or, I could be sarcastic and say it's an OK series.

In both instances, I'd be lying. :awesome: