sacred stones (much harder version)

FragMaster

basically i just made FE8 a harder version by lowering character bases, growths, and by increasing enemy growths and bases.

imported some other stuff from other GBAFE games. changed some classes for some characters.

changed the names of the units

no more recruits.

Amelia is unrecruitable ( i don't have an idea what to do about her yet )

Ross is a pirate

Ewan is now a swordsman

characters have different caps ex Forde has a higher speed cap than Franz, Seth has lower overall caps for the paladins, healer bishops have lower magic caps than fighter bishops( Artur )

monsters are now actually monsters.

FireEmblem-TheSacredStonesU_01.png?t=1286503670FireEmblem-TheSacredStonesU_02.png?t=1286503670FireEmblem-TheSacredStonesU_03.png?t=1286503670

there are some new items

th_FireEmblem-TheSacredStonesU_01-1.png?t=1286505689th_FireEmblem-TheSacredStonesU_02-1.png?t=1286505689

th_FireEmblem-TheSacredStonesU_03-1.png?t=1286505689th_FireEmblem-TheSacredStonesU_04.png?t=1286505689

th_FireEmblem-TheSacredStonesU_05.png?t=1286505689th_FireEmblem-TheSacredStonesU_06.png?t=1286505689

th_FireEmblem-TheSacredStonesU_07.png?t=1286505689th_FireEmblem-TheSacredStonesU_08.png?t=1286505689th_FireEmblem-TheSacredStonesU_09.png?t=1286505689

some recruitable characters are different.

- Marisa comes at level 11

- Ewan comes at level 9

- L'arachel is now a Mage Knight

- Lute is a Witch Doctor (shaman)

- Natasha is now a troubador

- Garcia is a "gladiator"

- Neimi is a nomad

the game is easy at chapter 1 - 8 and then it gets challenging

stat boosters are there for a reason, if you are getting stuck in some chapters, i suggest that you buy some stat boosters.

having all types of units are essential

sometimes, valni abuse is needed

patch

there are also some weird things with the battle palletes, especially for neimi.

this isn't completely finished yet, i wanna add more items and maybe do

something with amelia.

EDIT: there is something wrong with Ewan so i suggest not to use him

there is also something retarded with amelia. will fix soon

Edited by FragMaster

no this is because there are no branched promotions and so that everyone can actually be used

WITCH DOCTOR. DOES LUTE LOOK LIKE A WITCH DOCTOR TO YOU?! WHY THE HELL HAS A CLASS COMPOSED ALMOST ENTIRELY OF SCHOLARS GOT TO DO WITH FUCKING VOODOO?

Is there a point to changing the names of most of the classes? And honestly, people might be more willing to play your hack if you didn't nerf the player characters so much, and instead just made the enemies even stronger (Seth needs to get nerfed a little, though...). And people LIKE branched promotions.

Is there a point to changing the names of most of the classes? And honestly, people might be more willing to play your hack if you didn't nerf the player characters so much, and instead just made the enemies even stronger (Seth needs to get nerfed a little, though...). And people LIKE branched promotions.

well firstly because everyone in the game is a "knight" so i don't get why a class has to be called a knight. i nerf them because if i let them keep their bases and growths, they would cap it all too easily, and i had to take out the branched promotions so that there would be different caps for characters

Yes, Ewan is TOTALLY a knight. Mmhmm. Gerik looks like the kind of guy you see get knighted every day. And I'm certain, certain Lute has a knighthood, secluded in her village in the middle of nowhere.

But even changing 'Knight' to, say, 'Bulwark'...at least that makes sense. BUT A FUCKING SHAMAN TO A FUCKING WITCH DOCTOR? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SMOKING

Edited by Furetchen

Yes, Ewan is TOTALLY a knight. Mmhmm. Gerik looks like the kind of guy you see get knighted every day. And I'm certain, certain Lute has a knighthood, secluded in her village in the middle of nowhere.

But even changing 'Knight' to, say, 'Bulwark'...at least that makes sense. BUT A FUCKING SHAMAN TO A FUCKING WITCH DOCTOR? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SMOKING

well since i changed one, i might as well change most of it.

well since i changed one, i might as well change most of it.

There's an ancient, ancient proverb used to describe a situation EXACTLY like this; "If it ain't broke, don't fuck up the game, you twat."

There's an ancient, ancient proverb used to describe a situation EXACTLY like this; "If it ain't broke, don't fuck up the game, you twat."

what the hell is wrong with changing class names? is it game breaking?? does it destroy the game? i don't think so

Someone's got a temper...

What the hell was wrong with the original class names? Everyone else was happy with them. And Shaman -> Witch Doctor is hardly a logical leap.

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

EDIT: And if you're wondering what's wrong with YOUR class names, it's the fact that you already have a bad reputation when it comes to hacks. This is just one of those little things that people are picky about. If people don't like your class names, DON'T USE THEM. If you want people to play your hacks, that is. If you had given us ANY reason AT ALL to play this hack despite the class names, I wouldn't be ranting at you right now. But this is a RESKIN. Look up Markyjoe's Super Hard Lyn Mode on Youtube. Yeah. That's what I'd compare this with. If you had a better quality hack, we'd be fine. Hell, if you'd even provided a logical reason for your class names, I'd be fine. But no. All you say is, "i did wat i did so live with it".

We'll live with it. We can live without playing another crappy hack.

Edited by Camtech075

what the hell is wrong with changing class names? is it game breaking?? does it destroy the game? i don't think so

Changing class names may not break the gameplay. . .

. . .but if I made a hack that turned Eirika into a man, Seth into a little girl, Lyon into Haruhi, Gerik into Kuja, and Innes into Mr. Game and Watch, I'm sure I'd be getting plenty of complaints. Both examples do not break gameplay, but they do break things aesthetically.

Someone's got a temper...

What the hell was wrong with the original class names? Everyone else was happy with them. And Shaman -> Witch Doctor is hardly a logical leap.

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

i couldn't think of any other names, shaman isn't really for a dark person, "A member of certain tribal societies who acts as a medium between the visible world and an invisible spirit world and who practices magic or sorcery for purposes of healing, divination, and control over natural events."

i don't think healing is dark, nor divination, nor being the weatherman

EDIT: And if you're wondering what's wrong with YOUR class names, it's the fact that you already have a bad reputation when it comes to hacks. This is just one of those little things that people are picky about. If people don't like your class names, DON'T USE THEM. If you want people to play your hacks, that is. If you had given us ANY reason AT ALL to play this hack despite the class names, I wouldn't be ranting at you right now. But this is a RESKIN. Look up Markyjoe's Super Hard Lyn Mode on Youtube. Yeah. That's what I'd compare this with. If you had a better quality hack, we'd be fine. Hell, if you'd even provided a logical reason for your class names, I'd be fine. But no. All you say is, "i did wat i did so live with it".

We'll live with it. We can live without playing another crappy hack.

No, Shaman to Witch Doctor because of "control over natural events" is not a logical leap. That is called grasping at straws. We were all fine with Shaman. Don't fix what ain't broke.

BLAH MISUNDERSTANDING

Your right. Shaman/Druid have nothing to do with Dark Magic. NEITHER DOES WITCH DOCTOR. A witch doctor is a medicine man.

We weren't complaining about Shaman/Druid.

Don't fix what ain't broke.

Edited by Camtech075

this is just a harder mode of the game with just some minor modificationsblink.gif i don't really think i'm forcing anyone to play it. i just posted it so if someone would want to, they could. i'm not telling anyone to play it so if you don't want to i could live with it too. Plus, the reason why i changed the class names is because they are so flawed, if you just looked at the definition of those classes you would see it made no, or little sense to what they actually portray.

...I can see zero improvements in your class names. In fact, your class names I'd go so far as to say most of them are worse.

I can see you Ray.

Edited by Camtech075

...I can see zero improvements in your class names. In fact, your class names I'd go so far as to say most of them are worse.

I can see you Ray.

Ray or Rey?

Ehh... Reskins are fine and all... but doing simple nightmare module edits is like hacking it via codebreaker codes aka memory hacking. Doesn't really change much. Especially since your "hard mode" as you call it doesn't add any tactical element to it... it's just making a vague and awkward vision of changing things around randomly.

The stat caps and edits you've done before actually don't make any sense aesthetically. Not to mention the random name changes ._.

EDIT: Oh ye of the painfully stupid name, I shall attempt to try to explain something without resorting to Caps.

All of your changes reek of that 'Just 'cause I could' edge. Ever heard of the saying 'Less is more'? One of the myriad ways that could be taken is 'Don't make changes for the sake of changes'. Okay? Innes being a hunter...Warriors being called Vikings...Spies existing at all, okay, these break the illusion and essentially fuck up the experience.

Why should we play this hack? We need a reason. A reason to actually go out and WANT to play it. And it seems like all you've done so far is fuck things up.

While I'll be the first to confess you've done...well, released a great number of patches for one so young and naive, please...stop. Instead of hammering out more rubbish, take the time and care to craft something you can be proud to call your own.

Edited by Furetchen

I don't get why everyone's making such a big deal about it. Just give the guy some constructive criticism and move on (protip: writing paragraphs about WITCH DOCTORS isn't constructive). It's not like you're being tied down and forced to play this or anything.

I wasn't complaining about the class names (I don't agree with the changes, but it really isn't that big of a deal). I just didn't see the point of changing them.

Also, are you still trying to have 3 tiers? There just isn't enough time in the game to implement that. Sacred Stones is only about 20 chapters long. Radiant Dawn had over 40.

And did you say that people will need to abuse in the Tower of Valni?

I will admit though, that having characters in the same class have different caps (the fast/strong cavaliers having better speed/strength caps, for example) is actually kind of cool.

Changing class names may not break the gameplay. . .

. . .but if I made a hack that turned Eirika into a man, Seth into a little girl, Lyon into Haruhi, Gerik into Kuja, and Innes into Mr. Game and Watch, I'm sure I'd be getting plenty of complaints. Both examples do not break gameplay, but they do break things aesthetically.

Oh no, not at all. I'm sure that would be a fantastic hack. If only to see Seth as a little girl still being able to solo the game by himself herself.

I wasn't complaining about the class names (I don't agree with the changes, but it really isn't that big of a deal). I just didn't see the point of changing them.

Also, are you still trying to have 3 tiers? There just isn't enough time in the game to implement that. Sacred Stones is only about 20 chapters long. Radiant Dawn had over 40.

And did you say that people will need to abuse in the Tower of Valni?

I will admit though, that having characters in the same class have different caps (the fast/strong cavaliers having better speed/strength caps, for example) is actually kind of cool.

no there are no third tiers and no i didnt say that you HAD to abuse it, i meant that if you were stuck, then you should try leveling up your characters more. I don't get why you people are fussing about the class names, they are just class names, and how can you say that "Seth a knight of Renais is a Paladin" and not find something wrong there while "Gilliam a knight of Frelia is a Knight" ?????

yes instead of vulneraries they are called lollipops Facepalm_emote_gif.gif very good.

and i would like to see seth solo it by himself. go on, try it.

Edited by FragMaster

it's liek saying summoner doesnt use drk magic because dere is nothing about dem that says drk magic

its liek saying that anyone of the merc class must be a merc ((Granted, in this game that's true))

---

Basically, changes like the ones you made are aesthetically ugly and no one cares for them. I'm going to say this again.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

EDIT: Also, I reached chapter 10. It's actually pretty easy.

Edited by Camtech075