Spykor's character rating and discussion topic!

Darros

this topic came up on the second page of google and id rather no one ever acknowledge that this thread was a thing thanks

Edited by Darros

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~Frey~

Frey has the highest growths out of all the starting cavaliers, spare Abel, who tops him in STR. Seeing on how he is only available on NM, his bases aren't much of a problem. At the beginning Frey serves as the target, enemies will always target him if they can at the beginning.

Frey's stats are very good in any physical class, for good

versatility when promoted. Frey can also get B supports from Palla and Catria, two of the best units ingame.

Frey will generally cap speed and skill and scroe high stats in everything else, making him virtually undoubleable and a beast with killer weapons, 34 CRT with 0 LCK enemies.

Rating: 10

If this is normal mode than I totally agree with you. I always use Frey. Unless its a draft or a story plathrough that requires that I not use him.

Edited by Silent_Assasin

Its just general, I mentioned the HMs and Marths doubling on his. Frey is only available in NM so his is purely related to him.

His caps don't suck, the problem are his bases. They are lower than a Cavaliers, except he has no mount. And the problem is his offense is pretty below-average in H3-5. He's amazing in the lower difficulties. An excellent boss-killer with good Movement.

I would give Shiida a higher rating myself, as once she promotes, her strength and durability issues are more or less solved. I'd bump her up to at least a 9. But that's just me.

I would give her a 10. There are no 'strength and durability' issues when she should be OHKOing most enemies with a forge. And she will promote pretty quickly anyway.

This morning Id bumped her to 8.5

Her promotion doesnt fix her growths, the only growth adjustment she'll get is +10%HP as a DK.

Forge is assumed nonexistant. Anyone can pwn with forges.

No. You need an associated weapon rank and some money in order to have people OHKO with a forge. Shiida does not need the first one and has less need for the second on.

It is true that a Ridersbane forge is a very powerful weapon that will OHKO many enemies. But the number of forges you can make is limited by two things - the number of Ridersbanes and the amount of money. And you will also need to make Hammer and Armourslayer forges for when you fight Armours. You do not get a second Ridersbane until Chapter 13, for instance. By making a Wing Spear forge, you can have two OHKOing units instead of one. So this is not something that 'anyone' can do.

Edited by Mr. Know-it-all-Anouleth

Remember as you will that the Wing Spear exists in tandem with any Ridersbanes/Hammers/Poleaxes/Armorslayers you have. The Ridersbane is a powerful tool that will OHKO many enemies, but it must be shared among all your lance users. Caeda gets exclusive access to a dual-purpose Ridersbane/Hammer AND if that runs out can take a crack at the Ridersbane anyway.

Not that you're liable to go through 28 Wing Spear charges before C8 where you can buy another one, though.

Incidentally, if we're playing the "forges don't exist" game, remember that the Ridersbane is 10 WT (rather hefty early on), C Rank, and 20 Hit lower. It also doesn't have bonus crit.

Edited by Integrity

Actually, upon re-reading the thread, I would like to bring up one of the hazards of this system:

Frey and to a lesser extent Norne have a TREMENDOUS inherent advantage that none of the other units have. Due to being only available in NM, as you say you'll be rating them entirely based on their NM performance. Unfortunately, everybody else (as evidenced by Marf's rating) seems to be rated as something of a hybrid. Well, obviously Marth in NM doubles everything and starts 1RKOing fast, while having his own PRF-weapon and not requiring any resources. And he opens chests. Quite frankly, Marf's only NM disadvantage is that he's not on a horse which should put him WELL above 7 - except he gets docked for his poor HM performance.

tl;dr: rank everybody as per their NM performances, rank Frey and Norne as a separate project aside from the chain, or don't leave rankings for Frey and Norne.

This morning Id bumped her to 8.5

Her promotion doesnt fix her growths, the only growth adjustment she'll get is +10%HP as a DK.

Forge is assumed nonexistant. Anyone can pwn with forges.

I'm sorry what?

Promotion makes Shiida exceptionally better than she was before. Growths don't matter in this case, as her promotion gains are +4 STRENGTH and +5 DEFENCE. Those are huge bonuses. Thats 20 Levels of strength and 50 levels of defence, in one.

Besides, as previously stated, her job is just to one shot tougher enemies such as Armour Knights and Cavaliers, while providing chip damage on other enemies with a Javelin.

Edited by General_Horace

Because Sheeda's still totally completely amazing on Normal/H1-2. She shouldn't get a 10.

I don't get it. She's totally completely amazing she shouldn't get a 10, which she doesn't have now anyway?

No. You need an associated weapon rank and some money in order to have people OHKO with a forge. Shiida does not need the first one and has less need for the second on.

It is true that a Ridersbane forge is a very powerful weapon that will OHKO many enemies. But the number of forges you can make is limited by two things - the number of Ridersbanes and the amount of money. And you will also need to make Hammer and Armourslayer forges for when you fight Armours. You do not get a second Ridersbane until Chapter 13, for instance. By making a Wing Spear forge, you can have two OHKOing units instead of one. So this is not something that 'anyone' can do.

Ridersbane first becomes purchasable on Chapter 14 (after the Chapter 13 thief drop).

Since this is Normal, the Ridersbane shouldn't need more than a +2/3 bump for it to be effective, even in Merric's hands. Ditto with Wing Spear, and the second one appears on Chapter 8. This game has a lot of money, especially on Normal, where your stronger units can ORKO (or close to it) with Iron weapons until the very late chapters (you'll hit the XL bullion before you hit those enemies).

So. . .money shouldn't be an issue. The number of uses on the first Ridersbane should be.

Since this is Normal, the Ridersbane shouldn't need more than a +2/3 bump for it to be effective, even in Merric's hands. Ditto with Wing Spear, and the second one appears on Chapter 8. This game has a lot of money, especially on Normal, where your stronger units can ORKO (or close to it) with Iron weapons until the very late chapters (you'll hit the XL bullion before you hit those enemies).

So. . .money shouldn't be an issue. The number of uses on the first Ridersbane should be.

Yeah, money isn't an issue in FEDS, especially considering that you get $35K through events($10K in C1, $5K in C2 and 4, $15K after C3) and $95K through selling Bullions, for a total of $130K(and I'm not counting arena abuse(something I have a bad habit of doing in any FE game that has reusable arenas) since using arenas make the game easy mode). That's more than enough to make a few forges on effective weapons.

Likewise, 20 uses of a ridersbane forge should last you until C12, assuming efficient use of the thing. I can argue the same thing for the wing spear/armorslayer/hammer(granted, I don't spend my money on effective weapon forges. I mostly use my money to make hax weapons like Silver/Killer hybrid javelins/hand axes and 15Might/50 crit killing edges.)

Yeah, money isn't an issue in FEDS, especially considering that you get $35K through events($10K in C1, $5K in C2 and 4, $15K after C3) and $95K through selling Bullions, for a total of $130K(and I'm not counting arena abuse(something I have a bad habit of doing in any FE game that has reusable arenas) since using arenas make the game easy mode). That's more than enough to make a few forges on effective weapons.

Play the arena on H5. Tell me its easy then.

FEDS NM is essentially easy mode.

Yeah, there's tons of money in this game. You can easily make 1/2 HAX weapons.

Several of the characters come with nice stuff, too.

[spoiler=Long list of goodies on recruitables]

Lena - Mend (next one is Chapter 11, IIRC)

Navarre - Killing Edge (can be obtained during Chapter 6, but it's the hardest one to get)

Merric - Excalibur (...)

Wendell - Thunder (you won't see the next one until Chapter 8), Barrier (not seen until Chapter 23)

Jeorge - Silver Bow (it's dropped on Chapter 10, but I won't complain about an extra!)

Linde - Aura

Astram - Silver Sword (otherwise, all you get is a Wyrmslayer)

Palla - Dragonpike

Catria - Killer Lance

Arran and Samson - Free Silvers

Etzel - Elfire

Est - Ridersbane (it's free, why not?)

Lorenz - Silver Lance (see above)

That's not counting other enemy drops. Excess stuff can be liquidated, so as long as you're smart with Forging (you don't need game-breaking weapons to do well), funds shouldn't be an issue, no matter what the mode.