Fire emblem Class ideas.

Griffen78

New class? Not sure what to call it, but something like a bishop-warrior who uses class-specific, light-based bows and normal axes. I say warrior and not sniper due to common builds for the classes with snipers being more lithe and warriors being more "OH HECK." I thought of this class this because I know a pastor who's really strong and fast, so this bishop-warrior would have high speed, high strength and high magic. He also had bad luck with red lights so I'd say low luck stat. XD

But yeah, a class based on that pastor. XD

Thought of a new one (I don't think it was posted).

Rune Lord

Weapons: Swords, Lances, Anima, Light, Staff

[spoiler=Stats Caps]

HP 60

Str 24

Mag 23

Skl 24

Spd 30

Def 29

Res 27

Lck 30

Description: Knights that trained to master not only weapons, but the magical arts too. Skilled soldiers quite balanced.

Like in science and maths sometimes several people have the same idea in a short space of time. A mounted dark magic using class was certain to be thought of eventually but still, great minds think alike wink.gif.

Well, not exactly pretty original, but it would be cool to see them.

Ninja

Weapons Knife, Sword

Stealth warriors from the shadows that dive into the battlefield with extreme speed and skill.

Promotions would be different ranges of them and the max Cap would be something like this:

[spoiler=Caps]HP 60

Str 24

Mag 22

Skl 29

Spd 30

Def 22

Res 26

Lck 30

Edited by Light Lord

• 1 month later...

I've been thinking about classes since last time I posted here, and here is a slight change in that idea:

lances/pole lances:

soldier -> halberdier (balanced stats, gains 15% crit on promotion)

knight -> general (defense based, gains swords on promotion)

swords/blades:

myrmidon -> swordsmaster (speed based, gains 15% crit on promotion)

mercenary -> hero (balanced stats, gains axes on promotion)

axes/pole axe:

fighter -> warrior (HP based, gains bows on promotion)

pirate -> berserker (balanced stats, gains 15% crit on promotion)

bows/crossbows:

archer -> sniper (skill based, gains 15% crit on promotion)

bowman -> hunter (balanced stats, gains lances on promotion)

mounted (can be of any weapon type (like bow-paladin and stuff) but can only use pole lances/pole axes/blades/crossbows):

cavalier -> paladin (balanced)

pegasus knight -> seraph knight (speed/skill/luck/res based)

wyvern knight -> wyvern lord (HP/str/def based)

other:

thief -> assassin (overpowered in terms of special skills (stealing, picking, lethality, maybe even pass or stealing equipped weapons), underpowered in terms of fighting skills. very low hp/str/def/res, normal spd/skl/lck)

this looks pretty balanced to me

did I forget any classes?

Cavalry only being able to use awesome weapons sounds arbitrary and makes no sense.

Hunters sound unpromoted, and definitely not fair-armoured lancers. Bowman -> Sharpshooter, perhaps. Marksman...Ranger. Something.

Thieves should be fast and lucky, not merely average.

Cavalry only being able to use awesome weapons sounds arbitrary and makes no sense.

it isn't arbitrary, there's a reason behind it. because, especially with winged mounts, I always feel like their weapons would actually be too short to actually have a chance of hitting from up there. and Titania using pole axes looked way more logical than seeing Kieran with an iron axe attack. And FE10 Elincia never even hits her enemies, her sword is too short and her Pegasus' horn is longer.

Hunters sound unpromoted, and definitely not fair-armoured lancers. Bowman -> Sharpshooter, perhaps. Marksman...Ranger. Something.

just a matter of names, but bowman -> ranger or hunter -> marksman sounds better, yes

Thieves should be fast and lucky, not merely average.

I'm okay with that :)

Cavalry sabres, and I see no reason why this principle should not be applied to axes. Lances are long anyway. And there's precedent for mounted archers using bows.

• 2 weeks later...

hmmmm, I have always been intrigued by the idea of a Pegasus Knight like class that uses bows...

Same.

I've been working on a Rp for some time, and have come up with:

Pegasus Knight > Azure Knight [Or Falcoknight at your own choosing]

Class: Azure Knight

Tier: 2

Weapons: Lance / Bow

Stat caps

Hp: 60

Str: 22

Skl: 27

Spd: 29

Lck: 30

Def: 22

Res: 25

• 4 weeks later...

Class Name: Ravager

Weapons: Anima/Light/Dark

Caps:

HP: 60

Magic: 27

Skill: 26

Speed: 26

Luck: 30

Def: 20

Res: 30

Info: Sages who have mastered all forms of offensive magic.

• 1 year later...

I had an idea for a mounted version of a Bandit once. Maybe as a promotion, it would work.

Class Name: Raider

Class Tier: 2nd

Proficiencies: Axe, Bow

Notes: Mounted Unit

Skill: I've been playing around with Skill ideas, and was thinking of either the classic Steal, Loot (Take one item of choice besides dropped items, as long as you have space in your inventory - no sending to supply or discarding) or Pierce (FE8 Pierce, if that makes a difference)

CAPS

HP: 60

STR: 26

SKL: 25

SPD: 25

LUK: 30

DEF: 27

RES: 23

CON: 20

MOV: Not sure if a cap has ever Been Laid down for Movement, but I'm gonna say any more than 12, and you're getting a little ridiculous, given the size of some FE maps...

Mercakete: This ones an attempt to make something based on yours:

Class Name: Inquisitor

Class Tier: 3rd

Promotes From: Bishops, Warriors and Snipers

Class Proficiencies: Light Magic, Staves, Axes, Bows, Divine Bows

Skills: Slayer, Sure-shot

CAPS

HP: Standard 3rd Tier Cap (Can't remember what that is, tbh...)

STR: (Used for Axes and Bows) 35

MAG: (Used for Divine Bows, Light Magic and Staves) 36

SKL: 38

SPD: 38

LUK: 40

DEF: 32

RES: 32

CON: 30

Base Move: 6

That look acceptable to you?

performer

weapon types: fire (cap C), knives (cap B)

description: the art of illusion allows them to distract their enemies.

skill: distract; (command skill) when used on an opponent(whom must be able to attack you), that opponent keep on attacking the performer until either of them dies or the performer breaks the distraction by moving away.

caps: 40,15,15,20,20,30,12,12

promotes to;

artist

weapon type: any except for light and dark magic or special weapons (like crossbows, strikes etc.)(cap A on all)

description: performing artists whom steal the show even in battle.

skill: distract; (command skill) same as performer, but able to select every enemy that has you in attacking range.

caps: 55,20,22,25,27,35,18,18

Guard --> Sergeant --> Lieutenant

Weapon Types: Axes

Description: Pretty much an armored mono-axe class-- a class whom I've always wanted to see in an FE game!

Skill: I'm not sure... perhaps when they reach 3rd-tier they could get a skill that occasionally allows them to ignore their opponent's DEF stat and whatever skill they currently have.

Caps: 60 (HP) - 35 (ATK) - 35 (DEF) - 35 (SKL) - 23 (RES) - 23 (SPD) - 28 (LCK)

Evoker --> Summoner --> Lich

Weapon Types: n/a

Description: This class is completely dedicated to summoning zombies, wyvern skeletons, and other abominations.

Skill: Summoning

Caps: 60 (HP) - 40 (MAG) - 20 (DEF) - 40 (SKL) - 20 (RES) - 25 (SPD) - 20 (LCK)

EDIT: My bad, Crash, I had no idea. D:

Edited by Esme