• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fe7x stuff :)

FpE1.png

Troab -> Valk Generics

I'll probably fix/change the hair on the mid one, seems overly rounded in the back atm.

Weak - Mid - Strong - Subboss

Comments and crit would be appreciated :)

FpDt.png

Young Brendan, needs a fair amount of work but i guess its fully shaded so thats what mattered most for deadlines and such, cnc please :D

Valkyrie one: The first one is the best. The other one's armor looks kinda caddywompus and the staff looks like it needs some shading. plus the head piece on the last one rubs me the wrong way. But pretty awesome!

Brenden: Nice! His hair needs some shading methinks...

for Brendan, the shoulder pad on his left (right OPV) seems like it's on his actual shoulder, whereas the one on the opposite side seems more toward his neck, like a backpack strap, almost. Not sure which one you're going for, but one of them should probably be switched. IMO. :P

Oh, well in that case Vamp, his skin shouldn't be so baby smooth. Also, that line under his mouth

should be slanted, just like his piehole. Unless he's had his face disfigured!

(I coulda sworn I posted this already...did some mod get pissed off and delete it? lol)

EDIT: The lines on his spikes are too flamboyant. They look like edges to turn the

conical spikes into prisms!

Edited by April

@Boney: The line looks silly any time I slant it :/ I guess 'foreshortening' works as a makeshift answer?

FOqd.png

Brendan update

FOpY.png

Also Fe7x, Melanie (Mykes design)

Further cc is always appreciated and I'm working through the stuff you guys have said ;)

FOwh.png

Updated the troab generics hair so it was less 'round/spherical' also reverted to the previous bangs I'd made for it.

Edited by Vampire Elf

I just love Melanie. She has a really nice design I am not good enough to find details you could clean.

For the generic mugs( because i tried to do some swordmaster generic mugs), I find that without headband/ helmet, they all look like Lowen. You work is beautiful but I wonder if give random simples eyes souldn't better than darked eyes. Of course you haven't to take this question seriously, just because this mug is awesome! x)

Nothing to say about Brendan who keeps his charism and you did very well with this one too =)

Edited by Solum

Yes, I was going to mention her terrible pose xD she looks like she has a half broken neck and the shield looks more like a hunchback or something lol

As for melanie

FOpY.png

The tip of her hat where it meets the forehead skin seems to need shading, or rather it seems too light. It's nothing big but it could probably be darkened or something.

Edited by Adolf Klokler

• 2 weeks later...

Everything looks sexual. <3

I do like the old Melanie more, though that is just a personal preference. I do think the new one's sleeves has too many wrinkles/folds though; it kinda looks like she has her sleeves wrapped around her arm and pinned back (if that makes sense). I also think the dark line that goes down the middle of her top could use a bit of AA/ a bit less of the 3rd colour on the outline of the right (opv) side. The dark blue and light blue looks a bit too bold I think.

Why isn't Deacon playable in the final game? :o

He totally doesn't look like a bard (if that's what he is) but he is cool non-the-less! I think his hair shading looks a bit messy compared to what you usually do (too much shading maybe?) and I think his clothes as too many folds. He is very cool though. :)

Looks great as usual :)

My personal favo char would be Chester, he reminds me a bit of a more grown-up Azel.

@eCut: I believe I've heard that there are no commands for "Dance" or anything in the RPG Maker.

Also Bennet reminds me somewhat of Marcus, and Deacon... well, I agree, he doesn't look much like a bard, but still awesome. His beard looks a lot like mine... only that mine is brown, with a lot of red pigments.

@eCut: I believe I've heard that there are no commands for "Dance" or anything in the RPG Maker.

Actually this is XNA regardless, not RPG Maker which turned into FEXP

IIRC yeti said there would be a different bard in the actual game, the command works fine since he's in TR3

These are such eye candy man. You sprite hair like some magical pixel god, and I particularly love the more realistic style you have for these. Chester/Vaida are my favorites~

Anyways, I picked out a couple of things that stuck out to me as I was browsing.

b24be129928e41aa748c11b34368b342.png?1342903108

I drew on top in red to kinda illustrate my points

Vaida: This is gorgeous of course but the shading in her hood doesn't seem to properly reflect how it would be gathering at her neck. I drew those lines to somewhat illustrate which direction I think the hood would be falling. I think if you minimalized the shading on this hood it would look perfect

Deacon: Given, you might not even edit this guy, but his chestplate looks like he strapped a tray to his shirt, it doesn't really seem to contour to the shape of his body as armor usually does. I also agree with eCut on his hair looking a bit sloppy, the shading at his hairline is too much

Melanie: This is kidna minor and might just be her expression, but her chin seems a bit narrow and the slantedness of her mouth makes the chin itself look slanted

I like the split progression (like how both ends are badasser forms of the troub.). Staffs in portraits is a cool touche. Seemingly flawless, as always.Totally not the right place to ask this, but since there are mageknights, will there be Greatknights, Wyvern Knights, and other second tier only classes that aren't necessarily types of knights in FE7x?.