Weapon editing problems?

Bowser_Guy

I changed Alacalibur for Rex Hasta(stats and texts) and the game froze, what did I do wrong?

If I keep the name alacalibur it works, but when I change the text, does not compute. The problem must be in a FEditor manipulation I did.

Why when the lance level goes from A to S it does Rex Hasta Lance upgrade... I need these hints please.

On your last sentence, I don't know what the heck you mean :/

As for the text problems, it's probably because of the checksum messup or something. You made FEditor think there's no free space.

Someone else had the same problem before.

That would be because you changed something outside of FEditor Advance or Nightmare 2 and ruined the checksum.

If you have HxD, the ROM in FEditor and save it without doing anything, open your ROM in Nightmare and do your edits, and then save it. Afterwards, go into HxD, go to the end of the ROM and delete the last 4 bytes. Go to "Analysis", then "Checksums", click "CRC-32" and then "OK"... you'll see the checksum at the bottom of the screen...

Write it at the end of the ROM like you would a pointer, replacing the 4 bytes you deleted earlier...

For example, if your checksum was "1301A6F4", you would put "F4 A6 01 13" at the end of the ROM...

My last sentence meant; when my lance level goes up from A to S, it's writed Rex Hasta instead of lance and it's when the game decided not to froze.

What does HxD mean?

To change the numbers of characters to play in a chapter without freezing, must I change it in chapter unit editor, event table editor or both?

Edited by Bowser_Guy

My last sentence meant; when my lance level goes up from A to S, it's writed Rex Hasta instead of lance and it's when the game decided not to froze.

Your grammar is still preventing me from understanding exactly what you mean.

Just post screenshots, it's easier for both of us ._.

When the lance levelgoes up, there's a blue line with text and a sound effect, the text says Rex Hasta weapon level increased. I did the checksum thing, but no effects.

Maybe it's a FEditor manipulation problem. I have dificulties to follow that part in blazer's tutorial, if you tell me the 2 or 3 things to do and I won't mess up, I'm sure it's my fault. Thanks in advance

Edited by Bowser_Guy

Since my image is irrevelant, I'll describe what I do in Feditor and you may correct.

I put the rom in, write the item number in the index box, erase alacalibur and write rex hasta, apply, replace all and save. Sometimes it don't work and I redo it, but instead of save I insert it in the rom. Sometimes it don't work, etc...

Edited by Bowser_Guy

Since my image is irrevelant, I'll describe what I do in Feditor and you may correct.

I put the rom in, write the item number in the index box, erase alacalibur and write rex hasta, apply, replace all and save. Sometimes it don't work and I redo it, but instead of save I insert it in the rom. Sometimes it don't work, etc...

What do you MEAN irrelevant? You screwed up something, and you don't know what. EVERYTHING you post here is relevant to deciphering what the problem is.

You were only focused, and fixed on saying that you KNOW what the problem is, yet asking me to just come right out and tell you to do *this* or *that*. The problem is, I don't know what the hell you did wrong until I had enough information from you.

How can I help you if you refuse to listen? :\

Why do you press "replace all"? That's meant for replacing multiple occurrences of the same thing, and usually screws up a lot of things. I'd say your screenshot was VERY Relevant in telling me that the the text was messed up by combining the text pointers through a glitch or something.

FireEmblem-theSacredStonesGBA_01.png

When you replace text, simply click "Apply", and then save it. Instead of just "Weapon Level Increased", other text was crammed in on the index, thereby screwing up your box.

Edited by shadowofchaos