Aspiring Amateur

Sovereign

As for the first one's skin tone, it purposefully is different from the white cloth, because it looks weird otherwise.

I was talking about the clothing trim which uses Zeph's skin tones, not the collar, derp.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm extremely lazy to go edit older mugs, because I gotta go dl them off imageshack or one of my galleries, then start toying with it. I only plan on fixing them when I've mass produced a ton and they're ready to be put in game.

1st: mage1format.png 2nd: scribs.png

The changes made in the second one are the right shoulder, which could use some improvement (direct me, haha), and changes to the hair shades on the left and right, feel free to CnC (:

EDIT: Oh yeah, anybody know a good light blue or sexy white palette of four FE8 colors? I hate the ugly cloth colors.

EDIT2: greenhairedanim.gif

Better the third time around? Only taking critique on his roots, anybody got any tips for that? (I'll heed them, but probably won't be editing him anymore for now)

dgsuit1.png(WIP)

Guess who? I probably won't be doing the head for a while, or unless I absolutely perfect this suit. So, any ideas on how to shade the vest part? I'm not sure how to go about that with the stripes...

Also, another black shade or another red shade?

Edited by Sai

• 3 months later...

17146312.png

So, this is about everything I've been completing since my last post. I just recently did all of these in the past 3-4 days. I have shown my red suit I customed on here, haven't I? I'll edit the post in a bit if I haven't.

EDIT: dgsuit143.png So go ahead and guess who this is going to be so far, but I stopped at the head shape. I'm not really good at customing the rest of it, and I want him to be perfect because he's my fave <3

Edited by Sai

OH crap! Sorry, Jill is Nayr's not mine. I plan on using her, but she's not my creation unfortunately :( Yeah, they do look size reduced, but I don't feel like uploading all of them... But I guess I will. Give me a couple minutes D:

EDIT: vano.pngdurant.pngvaant.pngnoirx.pngajaxd.pnglionell.png

The rest I think I've already posted previously. I'll go ahead and give their names while I'm at it, feel free to give me new suggestions to them as well.

1. Van - Myrmidon, I think (despite the armor...)

2. Durant - Thief

3. Vaant - Sage

4. Noir - Soldier

5. Ajax - Fighter (lol, look at that noble garb)

6. Lionell - Whichever the promoted Eliwood Lord was

Edited by Sai

79f65c998d8f00bbaabc185a852deb35.png

Head is far too small. The average size of a head (not including particularly poofy, wild, or gravity-defying hair) in GBA FE is about 49px, give or take a few depending on gender, age, etc.

Body seems to be angled, but shoulders seem to conflict with it, which makes it appear forward and not forward at the same time. Again, pinstripes on the near side of the waistcoat don't follow the contour or his body well. Clothing is badly pillowed, especially in the center. I'm not really sure what's going on with the far shoulder. It seems to be a random lump of shading. and doesn't do much to indicate any sort of wrinkle or seam along the sleeve. More of the same from the near shoulder, too. Head might be tilting back too far, but not sure what you're going for ATM.

dgsuit144.png

I somewhat followed the guidelines. For the near shoulder, that's the left one, right? Should I think out his arm-line shading? And his head seems a bit big at 49px, but I hardly know of this kind of thing.

As for the pillow shading, and the direction of the waistcoat's stripes, I'm not sure how to make those follow his body shape. They would be heading towards the left I assume, but I hardly think I have the skill to do those again :/ I did em poorly in the first place.

near = his left; far = his right; whereeveryouare = not relevant

Head size will also take into account part of his hair, which will invariably cover up most of the hugeness, if not add a whole bunch more floof because of his hairstyle. If you're really concerned, though, I would suggest maybe broadening his shoulders more, then.

Looking at Diego again, it seems his pinstripes weren't entirely following the line of his body, though the lines you have really are a bit too stiff. I might suggest using a lighter color for those, especially to blend the stripes out.

Got any suggestions for his waistcoat palette? I was having an issue finding that one in the first place. I'll attempt to broaden his shoulders when my computer is less laggy.

• 1 year later...

nakyscratch.png <- It's been quite a while since I've posted! I haven't really done any FE art since my last post though, but since FEE3 just happened, I got inspired again and want to get back into it :D

The face's shading on this one is custom so far, so I would LOVE some critique on how head shading should go. The eyes and nose are taken from someone (guess ^-^), and I did the mouth and chin (think I need to change the chin to match the mouth).

And finally, the hair's shape is custom, but I wouldn't mind some assistance on that one either. Thanks in advance, mates!

EDIT: lionellformatted.png <- Oh yeah, I finished dish one too. The minimug I just based off of something I think SoC said... So it's not amazing, but it's passable...

Edited by Sai

His mouth is really looooooow on his jaw. Bring it up o 3 o

Yay, Seph critiquing me like old times x)

nakyscratch.png <- That work for the mouth's placement? I think if I were to place it any higher, he would look derptastic ridiculous. (just noticed stray pixels on the side o.o)

Edited by Sai

nakyscratch.png <- Idk, I tried a few different ways, and they all look awkward to me...

EDIT: nakyscratch.png <- Maybe that looks better?

Moar edit: nakyscratch.png <- Shaded the neck an added in the fuzzies :3 Critique on neck? That part was a pain in le arse -.-

Even MOAR edit: tristanz.png <- My entry to the splice contest. I'm done for the night .__. Jealousy and Amelia owned meh!

Edited by Sai

derp bump.

nakyscratch.png <- Worked on a little more. I think I have the shading wrong on his left arm to start. As for hair shading, I've never been too hot there (especially since this is my first time FC'ing it), and I could use some tips. I dread moving onto the cloth shading as well x)

A couple of things that stand out to me on the FC: he doesn't really have much of a brow, at the moment it looks as if his eyebrows got burned off or something. As for the shading on the hair, you only shaded the bottom tips of the hair, whereas in FE style sprites, the shading is used to define individual chunks and strands, as well as a part, which he lacks. I'd suggest you reference or splice Leila, her hair is pretty similar. The placement of the fur also doesn't really make sense to me, on the right shoulder it's sort of sitting at the top as if it were lining the bottom of the pauldron, yet on OPV left shoulder it's sorta hanging down as if it were the lining on a cloak or something.

His whole pose in general is a bit odd though. It made a bit more sense before when it was still pink and an outline of armor, it seems like the whole OPV left shoulder has faded into oblivion behind his head, like he has some sort of weird lump there.

As for the neck, you might want to consider where the collarbone is. I'm not exactly certain where it would be because I don't quite understand how he is posed, but at the moment it doesn't appear to be at the same angle that his shoulders are. You may also want to put a bit more of the light shade in it--at the moment it's very 'cell-shaded' looking, instead of smoothly shaded like FE sprites generally are.

I think the angle of his head is super interesting though, as is his expression. :V

Well I misused the term FC, the only thing FC about him is the hair x) Yeah, I wasn't finished with hair shading, but I can't quite get where to go next, I referenced that one FE6 guy with the long orange hair for a little big. The eyes are Colm's, but I think I get what you mean with his left eyebrow. And I agree with his right arm, I now see how it kinda lumps behind him. As for the fur, it's supposed to be like a fur collar sort of, kind of like fur on the lining of a hood?

As for the overall shape, it was Ross' body shape originally, so his body is facing forward, but he's tilting his head kind of over his shoulder.

nakyscratch.png <- So I tried messing with the fur collar a bit, and I think I'll tweak it one more time to kind of give it a more upward angle. The brow, really, if I added in more eyebrow, it looked really strange, and took away from his kind of small, slender look.

Hmm, then I might have to change the arm back to more of a shoulder view, he should have kind of a smaller build, but I do see that's somewhat dis-proportionate with his head. And I will get back to your PM later, Mew, not at my computer at the moment :)

Edited by Sai