RD special endings PT

whase

I'm nearing endgame on my magic + Ike only NM PT, so it's time to plan my next PT.

for this PT I was thinking of a special endings PT. meaning I can use any unit as long as they will have a special ending.

meaning that I can use:

Sothe (if A support with Micaiah)

Micaiah (if Pelleas survives)

Jill (if A support with Haar)

Volug (if Nailah dies)

Rafiel (if Nailah dies)

Caineghis (if Skrimir dies)

Maurim (if Tormod dies)

Geoffrey (if A support with Elincia)

Lucia (if A support with Bastian)

Astrid (if A support with Makalov)

Boyd (if A support with Mist)

Mist (if A support with Boyd)

Soren (if A support with Ike)

Leanne (if A support with Neasala)

Ranulf (if A support with Ike, meaning I can use either him or Soren)

but maybe I'll throw in Ike too, because I hate not using him

if I use any of these characters, I'll need to have them have the special ending, if I don't, I lose.

is there anyone I forgot? please tell me.

I guess whase means those who have endings in where the text is modified. Ike always has the same ending independently of his support.

is there anyone I forgot? please tell me.

As far as I know, you got them all.

if I use any of these characters, I'll need to have them have the special ending, if I don't, I lose.

Will you use their partner too? iirc, having Leanne and Naesala reach A support implies using Naesala on Endgame (deploying, at least).

Will you use their partner too? iirc, having Leanne and Naesala reach A support implies using Naesala on Endgame (deploying, at least).

I can deploy anyone I want, they just can't attack, heal, rescue, level up, promote etcetera.

hmm, this probably means I can't use them all in endgame...

(for Lucia, Geoffrey and Leanne I also need to bring Neasala, Elincia and Bastian to endgame)

I would assume you would be planning all the other special events? Like Ike's memory scene, etc?

I think so, yes.

wouldn't be too hard, I'm using Ike and Soren anyways, so why not?

Looking at your list, you're better off choosing Rafiel than Leanne, so you don't have to deploy Naesala at endgame. Also Soren over Ranulf, as he has both special ending text from A support with Ike and from the conversation about his past. Since Volug and Mist share the same conditions as Rafiel and Boyd, maybe they can be left behind and that would leave space for Bastian and Elincia. Alternatively, Boyd could be the one left behind, but you already have Micaiah and Lucia doing a better job.

Also remember to recruit Jill by 3-7 or hope chapter 3-E doesn't end before Haar and Jill get enough support points. And unlike other PTs, you have to use the support partners at least a few times (Astrid/Geoffrey need some minor help for 2-3 and you can't do nothing as you wait for them in 2-E, Ike needs to be at the least bexped for his two forced fights and Micaiah doesn't have Edward's durability, not that he beats her by much). It'd be a waste to see Elincia in the background for the third PT in a row.

Edited by Silent Mercenary

I think so, yes.

wouldn't be too hard, I'm using Ike and Soren anyways, so why not?

I hope you have the A support from PoR on your transfer file then. :D

Also remember to recruit Jill by 3-7

Definitely, otherwise, i doubt you'll be able to get the support for Jill/Haar. Waiting until 3-E might by cutting it too close. Since this is normal mode, the DB wont suffer TOO much without Jill.

Looking at your list, you're better off choosing Rafiel than Leanne, so you don't have to deploy Naesala at endgame. Also Soren over Ranulf, as he has both special ending text from A support with Ike and from the conversation about his past. Since Volug and Mist share the same conditions as Rafiel and Boyd, maybe they can be left behind and that would leave space for Bastian and Elincia. Alternatively, Boyd could be the one left behind, but you already have Micaiah and Lucia doing a better job.

Rafiel and Nailah can be finished by 4-1, though. You don't have to take either of them to 4-E to get their A. It is impossible to get Leanne + Naesala to anything more than a B before 4-E.

Mist and Boyd can be finished really early, so again it is not necessary to take either of them.

Also remember to recruit Jill by 3-7 or hope chapter 3-E doesn't end before Haar and Jill get enough support points. And unlike other PTs, you have to use the support partners at least a few times (Astrid/Geoffrey need some minor help for 2-3 and you can't do nothing as you wait for them in 2-E, Ike needs to be at the least bexped for his two forced fights and Micaiah doesn't have Edward's durability, not that he beats her by much). It'd be a waste to see Elincia in the background for the third PT in a row.

Yeah, if you don't bring Jill to 3-7 you need to use 4-E for at least B -> A from their support. I highly doubt you are getting 50 support points in 3-E before the laguz end the map by killing + dying enough. No chapter bonus since they start as enemies. They aren't even a 01 so you only get 4 per adjacent and they can't rescue, shove, or heal each other. That's 13 turns after you recruit Jill just to get a C. If you want extra space in 4-E to finish off any of the supports that can't be done before 4-E, you'll need to send over Jill in 3-7.

If you do all that, it's probably possible to get all the relevant As.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Rafiel and Nailah can be finished by 4-1, though. You don't have to take either of them to 4-E to get their A. It is impossible to get Leanne + Naesala to anything more than a B before 4-E.

Mist and Boyd can be finished really early, so again it is not necessary to take either of them.

Rafiel and Volug's special endings require Nailah to have died to happen, not an A support. I'm just saying that for a more efficient PT (as whase doesn't like to touch other units unless he has restarted 7 times), but if the focus is to get almost all endings (you can't get Ranulf and Soren's at same time), then everyone but Geoffrey, Lucia, Leanne and Soren can be replaced.

Also Jill recruitment in 3-7 will make Volug and Sothe have to duo 3-12 and charge against Ike, which isn't the same as 2 trueblades.

(as whase doesn't like to touch other units unless he has restarted 7 times)

you know me too well :lol:

Also Jill recruitment in 3-7 will make Volug and Sothe have to duo 3-12 and charge against Ike, which isn't the same as 2 trueblades.

I've never used Volug past part 1. but from what I hear about him, he is so awesome, Ike wouldn't stand a chance. (especially if I break SorenxIke support, they'll have enough time to build it up again anyways)

I've never used Volug past part 1. but from what I hear about him, he is so awesome, Ike wouldn't stand a chance. (especially if I break SorenxIke support, they'll have enough time to build it up again anyways)

If you break a support it's impossible to remake it after.

If you break a support it's impossible to remake it after.

You certain? Pretty sure I did just that while testing support building to make sure you didn't get to keep any points after breaking it. And was able to re-establish C Micaiah x Sothe.

You can reestablish a broken support, but you need to start from scratch, is all.

That being said, I thought that breaking the initial Micaiah/Sothe support did break a chance for their special ending?

I don't remember where I heard that.

That being said, I thought that breaking the initial Micaiah/Sothe support did break a chance for their special ending?

I don't remember where I heard that.

for MickyxSothe I would understand, since they start out with A support already. but IkexSoren starts from scratch, so restarting from scratch wouldn't matter, I think...

^It will take a lot of time though. You can get IkexSoren A support by chapter 3-5 or 3-7 if you have them hang with each other all the time. You COULD get it redone by the last bit of endgame i suppose. Just spam Ike and Soren next to each other (again).

lol And yeah Volug at Satori Sign levels has a chance against Ike, especially if you build a support with a stock tank like Brolan if only for him to be able to dodge Ike's attacks more, or use Resolve/Wrath and get him to 30%HP. Alternatively, you could duo with Sothe and a combo of Silver Dagger/forged Iron Knife(maxed hit/might/crit from p1) - whatever will work to finish Ike off.

^It will take a lot of time though. You can get IkexSoren A support by chapter 3-5 or 3-7 if you have them hang with each other all the time. You COULD get it redone by the last bit of endgame i suppose. Just spam Ike and Soren next to each other (again).

rebuilding IkexSorenA won't be too hard considering they will be together for 7 chapters before endgame to build support (3-E, 4-1, 4-4, 4-E-1, 4-E-2 and 4-E-4). The best option is to have Ike/Soren support at C by 3-11, so the avoid bonus is only 10.

Its nice to have the IkexSoren A support by 3-7 though if one is going for Ike's Memory scene. Mostly because of the +30 to avoid helps Ike survive the BK attacking him. (Of course im sure theres loads of other ways of making sure Ike survives that.)

Simplest way is probably to have Ike hit BK with a Magic Card, he won't get countered, and Haar can grab him and drag him into the swamp away from the BK. It's not all that Haard *shot*

:lol: Omg, i never thought of that! HAAR DEE HAAR HAAR! Im gonna try that next time and have Soren spam Micaiah with a seige tome! (which i do anyway) :B

Doesn't Ike and Soren still get Adjacent points for being next to each other in 3-13 in the same way Tanith and Sigrun get adjacent points for being next to each other in 3-12? You pretty much have a C for 3-E if that's the case.

Doesn't Ike and Soren still get Adjacent points for being next to each other in 3-13 in the same way Tanith and Sigrun get adjacent points for being next to each other in 3-12? You pretty much have a C for 3-E if that's the case.

Yeah. Depending on how long you spend in that chapter. They won't get a chapter bonus, but since you'd have to break their support before even starting 3-11 they'll get one for that. 16 from that, need 34 more. You get 4 per turn. Assuming you reach turn 9 enemy phase without killing either of them or moving them, you get a C ready for 3-E. And that's without even needing adjacents in 3-11. Any in that chapter allow you to decrease your turncount in 3-13.

few new rules:

I have to get every special ending (except for Ranulf's) even if I decide not to use a certain character at all.

in chapters like 1-6-2 (only first few turns, to save the villagers), 2-E(solo with Leanne? is that even possible?), 3-1 etc. I can use any character.

unnecessary to bring with me in any chapter:

Volug, Rafiel, Caineghis & Maurim

forced into endgame to get A supports: (underlined means usable)

Lucia and Bastian

Geoffrey and Elincia

Leanne and Neasala

(means 5 out of 10 spots taken already)

others to take with me to endgame:

Soren,

who else? I was thinking maybe Mist & Boyd. Maybe Astrid? and probably Caineghis...

also, question:

when Skrimir is defeated, doesn't he retreat? if he does, how do I kill him?