I call this my H5 Run

Elieson

You shouldn't be relying on luck for anything (that doesn't come immediately after a save point). If you are, you won't get through this game.

well...the luck is trying to get a miss on an enemy's 66% hit rate. That should be doable from a Save point, which I forgot to use...

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well...the luck is trying to get a miss on an enemy's 66% hit rate. That should be doable from a Save point, which I forgot to use...

66% displayed is 77.22% true. Have fun resetting.

66% displayed is 77.22% true. Have fun resetting.

T.T

Alright, well at least I know how to get to the point where there's only 3 left.

More attempts...NOW

Alright! I've made some good progress.

All said and done, I hit the save point at the beginning of Turn 3.

Progress Report:

Trim and Quatra died. Trim dodged a bit though, which helped out immensly. (he typically dodges at least 1 hit though) Sorry gais >.<

Wolf crit-countered the mage to OHKO him, and he's in ok shape. There's now 2 archers and the AK on the western front in the 2-high hallway. Looks like this:

|...............................[ = ]|

|...............Mc.............|Th|

|....................|XXXXX|.....|

|................Sc|XXXXX|.....|

|....................|XXXXX

|....................A3|XXX

|XXXAkXXXXXX|XXXXXX

Ak - A1-Na-Ba-Ma-Ca

A2-Ab-Wo-Og-Sh

Na = Nabarl Wo = Wolf (9 HP) Ca = Cain

Ab = Abel Ma = Marth Og = Ogma

Ba = Barst (5 HP) Sh = Shiida

A1 = Enemy Archer (15 hp)

A2 = Enemy Archer (20 hp)

A3 = Enemy Archer (15 hp)

Ak = Enemy Armour Knight

Sc = Enemy Steel Lance Cav

Mc = Enemy Master Key Silver Lance Cav

Th = Enemy Thief

[ = ] = Chest w/ Killing Edge

I won't list the rest, but the Lena heals Cain on this next move to bring him from 24 to 26, Fighter Draug is the one that saved the game, and Julian & Merric are well....missing the action >.<

My plan is to have Nabarl hit A1, Abel finish him off, Ogma 2xhit A2 (an Iron sword is enough to ORKO him), have Marth Amplify the Choke point AK until he implodes upon himself(the AK needs to miss or get critt'd, so I can SR for it. I've had good luck with that), then have Shiida Javelin Sc by standing to the left of A3, Cain Ridersbane to finish him off from his left (so the archer can't hit him), and lastly, move Barst out of the way of A3.

That way, Marth at the choke point will have full HP to take on Mc, as will Cain and Shiida.

At the end of Turn 3, the only enemy threats alive should be A3 (who should be harmless and unable to hit anyone), the west-most AK, who will either attack Ogma or Abel, and get nothing accomplished other than stubbing their toes, and Mc, who I'm still plotting against.

Cain and Marth will take his attack and survive with a handful of HP, but Shiida is another story.

The only problem here is that Shiida has 17 HP and 8 Def, and Mc has 26 atk with the silver lance T.T. I'm still plotting how to deal with that. I may have to rely on a dodge to get by this one, and I hate having to rely on a dodge...

Accomplishing this will yield me the Killing edge in the next turn, along with a complete unit sweep (aside from generics). Getting all the treasure will be easy after that, and I can take my time for the rest.

I hate relying on a crit or a miss to get the job done, but with 62% accuracy from Choke point AK on Marth, it shouldn't be that hard to achieve consistently. It's the miss from Mc that I'm counting on, especially since Shiida's holding a Javelin >.<

Edited by Elieson

Did you kill off Julian and Merric?!

No no, they're just behind the action, 2 Turns away from reaching the active combat. They're both parallel to Rickord, and near the chest with the Bullion (s) in it.

HOLY CRAP I DID IT!

I managed to get through the chapter without losing anyone! (Besides Trim & Quatra), No crits or dependant dodges required!

Nabarl was holding the "Aron Lance", which did 12 to the archer w/ 15 hp. Abel traded, used the Aron Lance on the archer w/ 20 hp, then Wolf finished him off, and Barst finished the other. Marth Rape'd the choke point AK (got hit for 19 though T.T), Cain moved where the AK was to protect Marth (and equipped the Ridersbane). Ogma moved to his right and Silver Slayed the top archer, and Caeda Wing-speared the last AK on the far left.

Turn 3 for the enemies!

Mc attacks Ogma, Ogma counters (Ogma = 5, Mc = 7 I think)

Other one attacks Cain, Cain at 10, other knight at 5, Thieves open chests, yada yada.

Next turn, Marth comes up and rapes the silver lancer, and abel javelins the other. Cain blocks the door and uses a Vuln. others kill the thieves.

Cain gets attacked by said thief, and counters with a Steel Lance.

The rest is history...Smooth sialing, and a ton of healing exp for Lena.

I GOT ALL THE TREASURE

I LET NO ONE DIE (well, Rickord and the Generics)

Now, it's off th 6x where I decide if I want Athena.

WOOoOOooooooo

I'm not even going to bother posting m team, since blasting through 6x will be a piece of pie. I'm reclassing Draug to Mercenary and pumping him some levels in this chapter. Merric will get a level or 2 as well, and I'd like to have Lena reach 15 (she's 14 now).

Athena won't be kept, but her weapon will stay to slay another day.

Oh yea, and at the beginning of 6x, I forged the Armorslayer (Called "Piercer") with a +3Mt and a -3 in Wt. I hope it'll help me out more late-game, because I don't want to forge my almost half-used Wing Spear.

I'm getting concerned about Ch. 7. It's probably my least favorite of all the chapters in the game (next to the Pyrathi Dragon chapter..10?) If I kill Palla/Catria/Minerva...will I be able to recruit them later?

I'm getting concerned about Ch. 7. It's probably my least favorite of all the chapters in the game (next to the Pyrathi Dragon chapter..10?) If I kill Palla/Catria/Minerva...will I be able to recruit them later?

If any of the Whitewings are defeated in chapter 7, they'll still join later. And the Pyrathi Dragon chapter is chapter 9.

Athena makes a good secondary Pegasus Knight, awesome archer bait. . .and an even better fort blocker in Chapter 7 (have her fly to the Ridersbane fort, and sit there).

Athena makes a good secondary Pegasus Knight, awesome archer bait. . .and an even better fort blocker in Chapter 7 (have her fly to the Ridersbane fort, and sit there).

I may keep her then for ch 7, but that'll be all then. I fully plan on having at least 2 of the Whitewings be my alternative Pegs.

How many rounds of reinforcements come up from the forts at the south?

Once you trigger them, it's two turns, followed by a one turn break, followed by two more turns, followed by a one turn break. There might be another wave of two, but I don't stay on the map long enough to find out.

My suggestion is to trigger the reinforcements by having someone sit on the northermost fort and having Athena simultaneously block the Ridersbane fort, while having another unit work his/her way to Athena's fort. Once someone else can replace Athena, have her fly down to the southermost fort. Deal with the last fort at your leisure.

Alright. Back in action. My son decided to start his own game file, and he's been pretty meticulous in recruiting people. He wants to recruit everyone, and threw a fit when he saw I had Athena and he had no idea who she was....lol

Anyway, here's the status.

I beat 6x with ease. Only restarted once (someone got a lucky crit on Draug and killed him). Here's my team so far.

Units List
Funds: 5104
Name 	Lvl  EXP  HP  STR  MAG  SKL  SPD  LCK  DEF  RES  Class
Marth  	8   34   24   8    0	5    9    12    7    0   Lord
Caeda  	9   30   18   5    1	9    20   16    8    6   PegKnight 
Cain   	11   7   28  12    0    9    9 	6   11    0   Cavalier
Abel   	9   42   25   7    0	10   10    4    9    0   Cavalier
Draug  	7   83   21   6    0	13   14    4    5    0   Mercenary ***
Ogma   	9   34   27   9    0    14   14    6    6    0   Mercenary
Barst  	9   68   29   12   0 	9    12    9    8    0   Fighter
Lena  	16  48   17   0    7    13   10   16    3   14   Cleric
Nabarl 	7   41   23   6    0 	13   13    9    6    0   Myrmidon
Merric 	8   66   24   0    4    6    10    4    4    3   Mage
Julian 	5   17   19   5    0	7    13    9    4    0   Thief 
Athena  10   0   25   9    0	12   13    6    7   0   Myrmidon
Wolf   	4   16   24   7    0    6    8      5    6    1   ManHorse 

Nabarl holds the Piercer, Marth holds the Amplifier, Abel holds the Aron Lance, and Draug holds the Aron Sword. I'm thinking of forging an Aron Axe (Iron Axe w/ +4 Mt) for Ogma to give him some Fighter stats and axe experience, then reclassing him to Fighter for this chapter. Not looking forward to those Ridersbanes though, but the exp is soooo tempting...

The question for this chapter is: Is it reccommended that I reclass Caeda to Myrmidon to promote more HP growth. Sadly, both Peg and Myr have equal Str growth, but I could use this chance to get some sword mastery built up. I do have the Aron sword that she could do decent with after all, and when she promote, she might as well be a Loladin for some added Str growth...

Edited by Elieson

Swordmaster automatically gives C swords and thus Wyrmslayers. Do you really think she needs to be able to use Silver Sword or Mercurius? If you really want more HP, give her your first robe. Her main draws are high move, flight, and Wing Spear. Myrm takes away all three.

Swordmaster automatically gives C swords and thus Wyrmslayers. Do you really think she needs to be able to use Silver Sword or Mercurius? If you really want more HP, give her your first robe. Her main draws are high move, flight, and Wing Spear. Myrm takes away all three.

I forgot about the automatic C-rank. If giving her the Robe fixes it, (and it probably will be enough) then I won't worry about re-classing.

I still might think about reclassing to Loladin when she promotes though, to give her some added Str where she needs it bad. I don't want to dump my energy drop on her if I can help it. I'd rather give it to say, Catria or Barst, or even Marth.

I still might think about reclassing to Loladin when she promotes though, to give her some added Str where she needs it bad. I don't want to dump my energy drop on her if I can help it. I'd rather give it to say, Catria or Barst, or even Marth.

You'll probably be swapping between Paladin, DracoKnight, and Swordmaster after she promotes depending on what the chapter you are about to play calls for. I doubt 25% makes all that much difference from 20% anyway. Also DracoKnight has 1 more str and 2 more def than Paladin anyway. If you see a reason for Wing Spear + Flight in any given chapter, you probably don't need to worry all that much about the extra 5% str growth. If the ground is good enough, Paladin has 10 move anyway.

Alright. I'll keep her for her Wing Spear (which I'll need more for the Gauntlet anyway), and pop her the robe if it seems like she needs it.

I'm just gonna skip over recruiting ol' Ban-ban, but I will kill the archers/merc for some added Exp. Honestly, I don't want ol Ban-Ban, and Tiki should be able to do enough at the end that I won't need him anyway.

Err, Edit my previous post for Nagi, but I think I need Tiki to die to recruit Nagi anyway, so I'll recruit the ol' team filler for now then I guess.

I get off work in 30 minutes, then I'll tackle Ch. 7

*Edit*

I don't think I need the uber Falchion, because at the rate my Marth is growing, he won't be able to do much against Medeus anyway.

**Edit 2**

Though, the chapter before Medeus has a lot of Manaketes, and I don't want to burn my Wyrmslayers on them all (Knowing that the weaker Falchion is well...weaker). I guess I should get it. I just hope that my Merric/Lena is blessed enough in MAG to take out the Gharnef(s).

Edited by Elieson

Holy Easy chapter! 6x and 7 are done, and my crew is looking good. Merric managed to Hulk-Smash his way through all the 3 sisters & Minerva (with some Barst and Ogma backup), and I took out ALL the reinforcements (Yes, All 8 rounds of them) with extreme ease.

Forged the Aron Axe (+5 Mt, +10 Hit, -2 Wt), and not much else. Got the pristene Silver Axe from the boss no problemo.

Barst OHKO'd the boss with his mighty Hammer of Justice. This was overall easy, after bunking my team in the village area and luring out the Reinforcements with Peg-knight Athena. What I did was have her fly along the east edge of the map, south slowly until it triggered the Reinforcements to arrive. I then moved her up north, and back to the trigger spot on alternative turns until they stopped coming. Took out every single one for good Exp. It was dissappointingly easy....seriously

Anyway, here' s my team stats.

Units List
Funds: 1584
Marth  	9    58   25   8    0	5    10    13    7    0   Lord
Caeda   10   18   18   6    1   10   20    17    8    6   PegKnight 
Cain   	12   16   29   12   0   10   10    7    11    0   Cavalier
Abel   	10   79   26   7    0	11   10    5 	9    0   Cavalier
Draug  	8    44   22   6    0	14   15    4 	5    0   Mercenary ***
Ogma   	9    87   27   9    0   14   14    6 	6    0   Mercenary
Barst  	11   73   31   13   0 	10   13    11    8    0   Fighter
Lena  	20   --   19   0    8   16   10    18    3   17   Cleric
Nabarl 	8    3    24   7    0 	14   14    10    6    0   Myrmidon
Merric  10   43   24   0    5   7    11    6      4    4   Mage
Julian 	5    17   19   5    0	7    13    9      4    0   Thief 
Athena  10   9    25   10   2	8    9      6    8   6   PegKnight**
Wolf   	5    73   32   9    0   3    9      5    6    0   Warrior** 

Holy snapz, I didn't even realize Lena was lv 20! What should I do now? Change Merric to my curate for now? His MAG growth will drop if I do...I could always change back in a few levels though, just so he gets some gaurenteed EXP. I dunno

Also, I get Radd, Caesar, and Roger in this chapter!

I'll drop Penvo, and recruit all 3 (well, recruit Rog. the other 2 come with the map). Are they actually worth keeping though? I've never played through the game with any of the 3 before.

Edited by Elieson

While the Port Warren Trio grows to be pretty amazing. . .it's gonna be a PITA to get them there.

Caesar has good Strength and Magic growth, Radd becomes quite the defensive terror when reclassed to Cavalier (but do watch his Speed), and Roger's got a nice combo of Speed and Luck to his name. Your call.

Lena  	20   --   19   0    8   16   10    18    3   17   Cleric
Merric  10   43   24   0    5   7    11    6      4    4   Mage
----- ----- ----- ----- -----
Draug  	8    44   22   6    0	14   15    4 	5    0   Mercenary 
Nabarl 	8    3    24   7    0 	14   14    10    6    0   Myrmidon

Caesar has good Strength and Magic growth, Radd becomes quite the defensive terror when reclassed to Cavalier (but do watch his Speed), and Roger's got a nice combo of Speed and Luck to his name.

Well, as you can see my Merric has been Blessed >.> in Mag growth, and Lena's not doing much better. I might end up giving Caeser a serious chance as a Dark Mage. Linde might be too frail for H5, but I'll have to try her as well. I hope someone can make use of starlight...

As far as Radd & Roger go. I'll think about it. I'm not very happy about how Draug has turned out (seeing as Myrmidon Nabarl is Barely ahead him). I'll likely drop Draug and go with Roger at this point. Radd...I'm not sure I want to work that hard for him...though another Defensive unit would be nice. Cavalier Nabarl has been performing rather...average. I need to feed him more kills than anything else, and that's not what I'm looking for right now. I don't want Average, I want above average. Merric's dissappointed me, and I think Nabarl's in the same boat of mediocrity. Marth never left the dock to even get on that boat, but I'm stuck with him, so Forged Rapiers is about as good as I can get for him.

*Seriously considering dropping Athena for Caesar as a Mage/DarkMage (though Athena's Mage growths are pretty nice, -7 levels is a pretty big deficit to work with.

*Strongly considering dropping Draug for Roger (as a Pirate, then as an AK)

*Mildly considering dropping Nabarl for Radd (as a Cav primarily)

Edited by Elieson

Don't use Dark Mage Ceaser in H5. Trust me.

Draug doesn't make a very good mercenery because he doesn't have the strength growth to back it up. He's better off as a fighter. Roger is a suitable replacement.

Radd is extremely hard to train in H5, and isn't really a whole lot better than Navarre, due to the massive level difference.

Don't use Dark Mage Ceaser in H5. Trust me.

That's enough for me. I'll work on building Linde up then. She's my only hope for putting Starlight to good use at this point.

**Class changes Athena to Cleric, in hopes to just have another decent healer**

Draug doesn't make a very good mercenery because he doesn't have the strength growth to back it up. He's better off as a fighter. Roger is a suitable replacement.

**Class changes him to Fighter after looking at a growth chart** If he doesn't begin getting better soon, I'm going to have to just dump him.

Radd is extremely hard to train in H5, and isn't really a whole lot better than Navarre, due to the massive level difference.

Yea. I was thinking that too, because I don't want to Arena-Abuse in my game either (which he'd need). Nabarl is lv 8 already, and reclassed to a Cav, is enough for this chapter.

Speaking of this chapter, it sure is more challenging than I thought. I can get past the first wave just fine, but it's triggering the 2nd set of Manhorses that is giving me trouble. I move Cain to javelin range on the House, so he counters them for a good dose of damage, and I build up a wall directly underneath him of other units (Abel, Nabarl, Caeda, and Ogma, with a backup line of Merric, Roger, et al). I can usually get through the first set of SteelSword Cavs, but the Manhorses pile up quickly. After getting through them w/o any significant pain, I heal up, and trigger the next wave by flying Caeda to the mountains along the west side. I know it's sad, but that rush is too much for me, because I keep misplacing units and losing 1 to the pile or bows and swords that come my way.

I'm tempted to try leaving my army back at the chokepoint at the beginning, and just having Caeda fly up to trigger Reinforcements, then fly back down to the party, and take them out slowly, so I don't lose anyone.

How many sets of Reinforcements are there from each fortress block?

How many sets of Reinforcements are there from each fortress block?

6 sets, and once triggered, either by moving close to the forts or getting close to the boss (which'll trigger both fortress blocks to spawn reinforcements), 2 sets appear. They can be triggered 3 times each.

Edited by Ein Lanford