Rapists Online

Flying Shogi

I just checked my email and there's this one person who wanted to be my friend on Yahoo profiles and he/she had comments on their profile saying that they have some sexy pics and if anyone wanted some they can email them.

Anyone experience this before? Especially the ones who has an account like on the popular social sites like Facebook?

Edited by UberLughFTW

Random friend requests happen all the time. If it's from a total stranger just deny it. Simple logic is simple. I mean hell, I get them too and I'm a twenty year old male. I guess they really want to rape me huh?

Listen to Joey. He's an expert on these things. :P

Serious response: Block/Deny them. :blink: There's a lot of that crap out there, but I wouldn't automatically assume they're rapists. They're more likely to be attention whores or something. Still, if it's from someone you don't know, deny their friend request always.

I once got a friend request from something like that on Facebook. I've also seen tons of YouTube accounts like that, although I've never received a friend request from one. I think it's more likely that they're bots trying to lure unsuspecting morons into giving out their e-mail address than rapists. :\

I just checked my email and there's this one person who wanted to be my friend on Yahoo profiles and he/she had comments on their profile saying that they have some sexy pics and if anyone wanted some they can email them.

Looooooooooooooool.

I get this all the time on MSN. It's not a rapist. It's a bot that asks you to see their "pics", when they are actually a scam to download a virus.

Everyone on the internet is just someone who's trying to rape you.

Even if they look like your friend, don't ever accept them! THEY WANT INTO YOUR SWEET UNDERAGE LOINS!

Or, you know, something that's slightly less paranoid.

Edited by Furby

Serious response: Block/Deny them. :blink: There's a lot of that crap out there, but I wouldn't automatically assume they're rapists. They're more likely to be attention whores or something. Still, if it's from someone you don't know, deny their friend request always.

I just ignored that person. I hate attention whore anywayz. I have to be stuck with one in advisory for another 2 years in school. Maybe I should start doing that here on SF after what Spykor said. LOL.

EDIT

LOL, another person just sent me a friend request. I bet it's from the same person qith a different account.

Edited by UberLughFTW

I'm fairly sure most of them are trying to entice you sexually for some sort of money scam rather than "raping" you, though I haven't comfirmed this myself.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Even if they look like your friend, don't ever accept them! THEY WANT INTO YOUR SWEET UNDERAGE LOINS!

Hmm. . .something's wrong with this quote. . .

Even if they look like your friend, don't ever accept them! THEY WANT YOUR SWEET PERSONAL DETAILS SO THEY CAN GET INTO YOUR UNDERAGE BANK ACCOUNT!

It's most likely a bot trying to infect your computer, for said personal details. They can't tell the difference between underage you and working-age clueless person. Ignore it.

If you'd like, I'd be more than happy to link you to a detailed dissection of one popular PITA that infects computers for financial gain.

I have encountered plenty of people convicted of various sex crimes, it's more common than you think, they seem more or less like anyone else online. I'm willing to bet a lot of you have encountered them without ever suspecting it.

I dunno Bizz seems to make it pretty obvious when she gets up to these shenanigans

I have encountered plenty of people convicted of various sex crimes, it's more common than you think, they seem more or less like anyone else online. I'm willing to bet a lot of you have encountered them without ever suspecting it.

I suspect everyone, so it's more of that I've encountered lots of innocents and suspected them of being rapists.

• 2 weeks later...

It happens on FB too. I got a friend request from someone and assumed it was a friend of a friend. I approved and a couple of seconds later, I was sent a link Via chat to some FB app. I've been wary of using FB apps since that day @_@

In other words, its a bot.

Edited by Soma Cruz

LOL You're too good of a troll. I couldn't even tell. I thought you were just being stupid.

Don't worry, you'll eventually be able to tell when I'm being a fool and when I'm doing the thing I still don't see as trolling, hahah. Well then again maybe not. Maybe though.

Edited by Death

Don't worry, you'll eventually be able to tell when I'm being a fool and when I'm doing the thing I still don't see as trolling, hahah. Well then again maybe not. Maybe though.

That's all I picked up, but maybe other Tokay took stuff, too. But maybe not. Maybe you should look around.

Zelda nerd points + 50.

Edited by SeverIan