fe797.png

Wil has low standards.

fe799.png

Hawt.

fe700100.png

fe700101.png

“With a video camera.”

fe700102.png

Cockblocked... again. Kent is the worst friend ever.

fe700103.png

No one’s there, so clearly just the wind.

fe700104.png

“It’s much too dangerous for NPCs.”

fe700105.png

“I figured since I live in the area, he would be around.”

fe700106.png

fe700107.png

“He beats me. Nah, just kidding. My leg has always been this way.”

fe700108.png

Seriously, she trails off like this all the time.

fe700109.png

Lyn also doesn’t pay attention to anyone or thing, so she’s not very reliable.

fe700110.png

“I await you on the Dread Isle. He’ll know what it means.”

fe700111.png

fe700112.png

Carjiga hates fog of war.

fe700113.png

How come all the villains thus far are sexist to the point where they’re almost caricatures in a world where women can hold important positions and serve in the army?

fe700114.png

Also competent.

fe700115.png

fe700116.png

Carjiga must think pretty lowly of Migal, if he thinks this’ll be so easy. He then sends the underling away so that he can...

fe700118.png

fe700119.png

... Talk to his imaginary friend?

fe700120.png

Oh, he was just offscreen. This guy doesn’t look like his face has been hit with a shovel, what could it mean?

fe700124.png

fe700121.png

“Since, you know, with the place surrounded, it’ll be really difficult, especially considering I already have a low opinion of the fighting ability of women. So it’s worth a raise.”

fe700123.png

Dorcas does not approve.

fe700125.png

fe700126.png

Wow, Lyn not listening. What a surprise.

fe700127.png

“Horses and pegasi have an advantage indoors, right?”

fe700128.png

My first command: Forget everything Lyn just said.

fe700129.png

fe700130.png

You can’t tell from the image because the text bubble is blocking the map, but Lyn doesn’t actually have line of sight of Dorcas.

Which adds another strike: metagaming.

Anyway, since Dorcas is doing this for his wife, we should let him talk to her.

fe700131.png

Best husband ever.

And we hit the image count with this post, so we'll be splitting it into two. If mods have a problem... uh... deal with it! (Yeah, that'll show them)

Edited by Paperblade

Let’s try that again, shall we? Chapter Four Part Two.

fe700132.png

fe700133.png

“I could read your nameplate.”

fe700134.png

A. They’re bandits

B. At several points in the story (starting in the previous chapter), Lyn acknowledges her group as being mercenaries (which also makes no sense).

C. Even if they are mercenaries, why is this such a bad thing?

What the hell.

fe700135.png

“Well, that and banditry, but we’re definitely mercenaries.”

fe700136.png

I’ve already tempted him with that one, Lyn. Don’t do it. It will only end poorly!

fe700138.png

Oh, now that he’s betraying them, they’re bandits all of a sudden?

fe700139.png

fe700140.png

“Also because they’re trying to capture my wife and sell her into slavery. But mostly because you were nice to her.”

fe700141.png

Apparently Kent, Sain, Wil, and Dorcas don’t count. Either that or they are also teenage girls.

I’m not sure how I feel about that possibility.

fe700143.png

Actually, we killed them all. Well, one of them survived, but still.

fe700144.png

“First for becoming a mercenary, and then for killing you that one time because I didn’t recognize you.”

fe700146.png

... No you didn’t.

fe700147.png

... No you weren’t. I mean, you can come, but I wish you guys would stop putting words in my mouth.

fe700148.png

“So I figured I’d become a mercenary.”

Seriously.

fe700150.png

Keeping watch for enemies, not of the women. Of course.

fe700151.png

Sain and I are on the same wavelength.

fe700152.png

“Well, maybe not. They only have like 40 hit on you... and do like 4 damage.”

fe700153.png

Sain knows he’s baller.

fe700154.png

Sain, if get all angsty, we won’t have comic relief. So don’t.

Or I’ll kill you.

Well. Maybe not. I don’t think it’s feasible to get you killed.

Anyway, we’ve recruited an axe user, which is pretty sweet, since we totally were missing one to take care of all the enemy lance users we've faced so far (All zero of them).

Edited by Paperblade

And we hit the image count with this post, so we'll be splitting it into two. If mods have a problem... uh... deal with it! (Yeah, that'll show them)

I assume this is a joke? By now I'm sure you've noticed the double-posting rule doesn't apply to project threads like playthroughs when you are making updates. If not, well, there you go. No worries.

I assume this is a joke? By now I'm sure you've noticed the double-posting rule doesn't apply to project threads like playthroughs when you are making updates. If not, well, there you go. No worries.

Not if the time gap between "updates" is too small... in this case it's less than a minute.

Not if the time gap between "updates" is too small... in this case it's less than a minute.

But it's kind of impossible to fit all the pictures. Would you suggest he simply wait for 3 hours+ before making the other post?

But I suppose, yes, if that isn't a concern and it's a very short time between two posts, it is still better to edit. I question that, though, for playthroughs and rating topics because it can look more organized if there are a consistent number of chapters/ratings per post.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

But it's kind of impossible to fit all the pictures. Would you suggest he simply wait for 3 hours+ before making the other post?

If it's due to that image limit, it's fine IMO.

But I suppose, yes, if that isn't a concern and it's a very short time between two posts, it is still better to edit. I question that, though, for playthroughs and rating topics because it can look more organized if there are a consistent number of chapters/ratings per post.

Perhaps. Spoiler tags work too.

I'm slightly paranoid, so I felt the need to point it out.

Also, for future reference, what is the image limit? I assume it's something like 40?

Edited by Paperblade

Also, for future reference, what is the image limit? I assume it's something like 40?

Sorry. Don't know. Hopefully Sirius does and will tell.

I'm sure you noticed that it is at least 32 and less than 51.

Um, through experimentation, this is really funny: The limit is 50. You had exactly one too many. I can't help but find that hilarious.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Um, through experimentation, this is really funny: The limit is 50. You had exactly one too many. I can't help but find that hilarious.

I... What. Anyway, I'll try not to do that again. Which will probably split some chapters into two (especially with supports), but oh well.

Edited by Paperblade

I checked using my Archive Topic (because it's at the limit and every time I update with a new one I have to re-link a previous one) and yes, it is 50.

So that I'm not completely off-topic, this is still funny stuff and I read them as soon as I see it's been updated.

Stats, because I forgot to post them last time (which totally would have brought me to 53 images, thus I escape all blame for choosing to include the image that implied lesbian relations and not counting)

stats03.pngstats04.png

And Chapter Five.

fe700155.png

Sweet, that means we’re almost done with this awful story arc.

fe700156.png

Yes, Lyn, because criminals and outlaws respect international borders.

fe700157.png

fe700158.png

According to TTGL, I think rap helps too.

fe700159.png

fe700160.png

I like how Kent refers to Sain’s ogling of women as “sightseeing”

fe700161.png

“But daaaaaaaaaaad!” “Don't make me turn this car around!”

fe700162.png

You think that was easy?

Okay, yeah, it was.

fe700163.png

Or incompetent. But I suppose it’s possible they’ve always thought you incompetent.

fe700164.png

You can't just have your characters announce how they feel. That makes me feel angry!

fe700165.png

fe700166.png

“You’re an idiot.”

fe700167.png

Erk, this isn’t FE10. Staff users can’t counterattack yet.

fe700168.png

fe700169.png

Queue evil laughter.

Also, Erk’s hair does not strike me as “clean and tidy”

fe700170.png

fe700171.png

Serra’s plans for world domination were unfortunately foiled by her ADD.

fe700173.png

I know it’s difficult to tell from the picture, but he’s talking to both of them and referring to Lyn, not to Erk referring to Serra.

fe700174.png

Yes, Lyn, I know.

fe700175.png

fe700176.png

Erk was just hit with an arrow and is bleeding to death, by the way.

fe700177.png

fe700178.png

“Actually, we planned to let you keep fighting and just walk away.”

fe700179.png

Yet again, a good two thirds of my team is being passed over to focus on Lyn and Florina. OR my team is secretly all female and I’ve not noticed.

fe700180.png

She then tried to get him to roll over.

fe700181.png

They do?

fe700182.png

Finally, someone in the Fire Emblem community acknowledges my tactical prowess.

fe700183.png

Offscreen person is actually nature watching, and Serra’s appearance onscreen is just a coincidence.

fe700184.png

fe700185.png

“I’m always serious.”

fe700186.png

No.

fe700187.png

Dammit Sain, I told you people to stop inviting everyone that doesn’t try to murder us!

fe700188.png

We haven’t ran into a thief, much less an assassin, you liar.

fe700189.png

I see that Lundgren is going to attempt the Alvis maneuver. Play nice, and then BAM. Meteors.

fe700190.png

... Or not. Damn. That would have been such an amazing plot twist.

fe700191.png

I’m pretty sure even at double damage, vulnerary spam could steal outpace Poison.

Edited by Paperblade

Chapter 6!

fe700194.png

This better be code for Silver Weapons and Warp Staves.

fe700195.png

Damn straight, Iron sucks.

fe700196.png

No, the enemies just suck.

fe700197.png

fe700198.png

“You do have doubling problems though.”

fe700199.png

fe700200.png

Sain, this is the sort of thing I would expect from Lyn.

fe700201.png

“... No?”

fe700202.png

I bet you he also fights for his friends.

And then Rath comes up and hits him.

fe700203.png

Fun fact: All enemies roll around on the ground screaming as they bleed to death when their HP is brought to 0. Have fun with that mental image the next time your Raven kills like ten guys with Hand Axe counters in a single enemy phase or whatever.

fe700205.png

fe700206.png

“Is that a no?”

fe700208.png

Don’t bother with her, Rath, she changes her story every time I hear it.

fe700211.png

fe700212.png

Like a true JRPG hero, Matthew barges into random NPC’s homes and starts rifling through their shit.

fe700213.png

Why aren’t your men here helping us, anyway?

fe700214.png

Much like Gordon Freeman, Lyn is totally helpless when faced with locked doors.

fe700216.png

fe700217.png

“That’s TREASURE HUNTER”

fe700218.png

I imagine Matthew has the biggest fucking trollface as he says this.

fe700220.png

fe700221.png

I wish I could say I’m taking this out of context, but I’m not. Lyn seriously think it’s odd that Matthew wants to live.

fe700226.png

Generics Mercenaries and Soldiers, sir. Also, an Archer.

fe700227.png

This is like saying that elections are petty.

Okay, they are, but for different reasons.

fe700229.png

fe700230.png

Dude, she doesn’t have a spare change of clothes.

fe700234.png

Marquess Araphen is, of course, implying he’s going to have the man assassinated.

fe700236.png

fe700237.png

“Or threatens to murder my grandfather.”

fe700238.png

“The way you walked out of there was amazing! Also the way you walked in there. Well, the way you walk everywhere.”

fe700239.png

fe700240.png

Kent forgot that women are not objects, and as a result have emotions.

fe700242.png

fe700243.png

fe700244.png

fe700245.png

“You need to be onscreen or at least talk more”

fe700246.png

fe700247.png

fe700248.png

Marquess Araphen is also a master diplomat. Naturally, Rath, in awe of his mastery of rhetoric, quits his job on the spot.

fe700249.png

I don’t really have much of a choice.

fe700252.png

“He’s gone completely insane.”

fe700253.png

fe700254.png

That would make him an Indian Giver, and the last thing we need is more racist stereotypes for Sacaens.

Also, the next chapter gives us Battle Preparations!

statusupdate00.png

Yeah, I spliced it all into one image.

Anyway, with Battle Prep, we get to ask the audience.

1. Note that I never have to bench more than two characters at a time for the rest of Lyn Mode (technically we bench three in Ch. 8, but Matthew sits out anyway, so this would only be a concern if you guys want to bench Matt). Note that since we're getting 19xx, I cannot bench Nils. Which two characters get benched for the rest of Lyn Mode?

2. Who gets the Angelic Robe and Energy Ring?

3. I will attempt to get at least an A Support for every character because we're not playing for ranks or turn counts, meaning I can spend as much time dicking around as I want. What supports do you want to see once we get to the main story?

Edited by Paperblade

Anyway, with Battle Prep, we get to ask the audience.

1. Note that I never have to bench more than two characters at a time for the rest of Lyn Mode (technically we bench three in Ch. 8, but Matthew sits out anyway, so this would only be a concern if you guys want to bench Matt). Note that since we're getting 19xx, I cannot bench Nils. Which two characters get benched for the rest of Lyn Mode?

3. I will attempt to get at least an A Support for every character because we're not playing for ranks or turn counts, meaning I can spend as much time dicking around as I want. What supports do you want to see once we get to the main story?

1) Bench Wil and Rath

2) Lyn looks like she could use the Angelic Robe. While I usually would advocate giving Florina the Energy Ring, Kent looks magnificently screwed, so maybe he should take it.

3) Among supports I always enjoy seeing: Hector x Lyn, Kent x Fiora, Farina x Dart, Bartre x Canas, Priscilla x Heath, Sain x Serra, Pent x Louise

1) Florina and Erk. I'd say Wil, but...man, he's got two speed and a strength in two levels. That's, like, as good as he's ever gonna get. This is an opportunity you cannot miss!

2) Lyn or Matthew should get robe, Lyn for...actual reasons or Matt for lulz. Ring to Matthew or Kent.

3) Dart/Wil/Rebecca triangle, with Wil and Dart getting the As. HectorxFarina, despite...everything. And finally, LowenxMarcus. ...Can Lowen and Marcus support Isadora? I think they can, but...I dunno for sure.

EDIT: They can.

Edited by Furetchen

1.Bench Serra and Rath. Serra is useless IN LYN MODE. Rath is useless in general.

2.Robe to Florina. Ring to Kent.

3. KentXLyn, DorcasXOswin, Hectorwood, SerraXMatt.

I agree on bench Dorcas. *totally biased against axemen* and the other one... Hm. I usually prefer Rath to Wil, so...

Lyn should be robe'd. Ring to Kent.

Raven x Lucius, Ninian A Eli B Hector A Lyn or a Lord Triangle (but with Hector A Lyn and Eli getting two B's)

1) Bench Wil and Rath

2) Lyn looks like she could use the Angelic Robe. While I usually would advocate giving Florina the Energy Ring, Kent looks magnificently screwed, so maybe he should take it.

3) Among supports I always enjoy seeing: Hector x Lyn, Kent x Fiora, Farina x Dart, Bartre x Canas, Priscilla x Heath, Sain x Serra, Pent x Louise

I'm just gonna go ahead and echo this post, since it hits every single nail on the head of what I want to say. (Especially with the Eli X Nini and Hec X Lyn pairing notions, since those are my two favorite pairs in this game.) If you're planning for B supports as well as A, I'd suggest maybe Eliwood X Lyn, Hector X Oswin, Fiora X Florina, and Kent X Sain for B supports. Whatever else I can suggest, I might put up later.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. Since you're doing Hector's story, if you want to see some of the special conversations that lie in Chapter 31x and the endgame, and if you want the extended end-of-chapter sequence for Chapter 30, as well as the extended ending for FE7, you're gonna have to do the Hector X Lyn and the Eliwood X Ninian pairs anyways. Just some food for thought.

Edited by LittleAl

*totally biased against axemen*

*sadface*

I decided to stop being mean to swordies and now I see this :<

Use Serra in Hector mode, screw her in Lyn. I will reiterate this.

Rephrase: Fighters.

I like Hector. And any mounted axe units. and Oswin on axes. and Heroes. And Hawkeye.

Just not Fighters.

Besides the two that promote to Hero in FE5 and FE11 Barst.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Dorcas and Wil

Robe = Lyn

Ring = Kent

Dart x Farina

Kent x Fiora

Lyn x Rath

Lucius x Serra

Harken x Vaida