lolwut Playstation?

BlueLeafeon

Yeah, I have one of the original Playstations, and I was attempting to play "Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon" last night. Usually my playstation works fine, aside from having a few "blonde moments" (e.g. [CANNOT READ DISC] *1 second later, game resumes*) but last night it did something really, really weird.

I started a new file, and it got up to the scene where the red dragon was trying to pull the blue one out of the hole. It froze on the "oil painting" (cutscene load screen) but after staring at my screen for ten seconds, I realized the game wasn't frozen, but rather my Playstation was having another blonde moment. (I can tell because the playstation is making the reading sounds occasionally)

So I waited. And waited. After about five minutes I opened the CD compartment and closed it again, in hopes of making the playstation spin the CD again. A few seconds later, the cutscene starts, but everything's all weird. I can still see objects, but now everything had that static texture to it. (like TVs when you turn to a channel with no signal, but this was colored) The fairy girl had square eyes and her sparkles were dark green cubes. The sounds played for like, 3 seconds before it cut to nothing. I really should have gotten a picture of my television when it was doing that but I was far too busy staring at the screen in amusement and shock lol.

I eventually hit the reset button and tried to start a new game again. This time it loaded the cutscene perfectly (like I said, it has blonde moments lol.) If it ever happens again I'll definitely try and get a picture.

It's usually a problem with the disk and not the system.

I'm pretty sure it's just my system. I mean, I got the thing back int the 90's. And after I reset the playstation it did load the cutscene without any errors. Which I would think that if it were the disc, it'd just keep happening over and over. (I have had a disc that was ruined before, and the result was that every time I got to that particular part of the storyline, I got a "CANNOT READ DISC" error)

Is good point here. Try cleaning the disk nice and good?

It could be the playstation also. It's been sitting on that shelf for so long there's probably a ton dust in there. I'll clean both and see if the PS works better.

And if your game disk still doesn't work after cleaning, and has slight scratches, go to a DVD rental store or a game shop with the needed hardware and ask them to fix your disk.

O_o people can do that?

NINTENDO 64 BITCHES!

Only game I have left for it is Star Fox 64. I bought at the end of the N64 lifetime just so I could put it in my System as the crowning awesome game.

O_o people can do that?

Yep, professional refinishing machines that can repair or reduce CD scratches exist. I know several used games shops in France that have those machines and offer the service, so why USA shops wouldn't have those ?