Wheel of Fortune contestant guesses puzzle with just one letter

Just call me AL

I'm pretty surprised no one made a topic about this.

For those of you on Serenes who happen to watch Wheel of Fortune from time to time.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/wheel-of-fortune-contestant-solves-27-letter-puzzle-with-just-one-letter-as-a-clue--1717

I heard about it from my dad, who heard about it from the news. According to him, it was all over every news station. But when I just saw it for myself, I can just swear, that if I was a cartoon character, my jaw would drop so fast, and become so heavy, that I probably would not get out of the room I was in at the time. And now here I am wondering if you guys knew about this.

So... Your thoughts?

Hah. Entertaining indeed. I loved the tone of voice of the announcer dude when he was like "Sure" in response to her asking if she could solve it.

For those of you on Serenes who happen to watch Wheel of Fortune from time to time.

I feel like this is more useful to those of us who don't ;) Tee hee!

^I liked it better when he was like, ".....What was that?" When she asked if she could solve.

She had a good feeling about it alright. But....

WHO FREAKING CARES ABOUT LOOKING SMART SHE JUST LOST THE CHANCE OF GETTING A WHOLE BUNCH OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STUPID MOVE!!!!!

I mean sure it was impressive but I'd be in it for the money not the attention. Since she apparently knew every single letter in there she coulda gotten a whole lotta money (unless she landed on bankrupt).

^I liked it better when he was like, ".....What was that?" When she asked if she could solve.

She had a good feeling about it alright. But....

WHO FREAKING CARES ABOUT LOOKING SMART SHE JUST LOST THE CHANCE OF GETTING A WHOLE BUNCH OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STUPID MOVE!!!!!

I mean sure it was impressive but I'd be in it for the money not the attention. Since she apparently knew every single letter in there she coulda gotten a whole lotta money (unless she landed on bankrupt).

You get less money for guessing the entire thing at once than for guessing each letter at a time?

That's bunk...

You get less money for guessing the entire thing at once than for guessing each letter at a time?

That's bunk...

Well, you spin the wheel, it lands on an amount x, and you get x * #of letters on the board of the letter you guess. When you solve, you only get the amount of money you got from doing that. So if you solve before doing a bunch of that, you'll get less money.

You never watch Wheel of Fortune before?

Anyway, bankrupt or "lose a turn" is a concern even if you know the puzzle, and it was some special prize round or whatever so she knew that the amount of money she'd get from simply solving is enough that it is worth simply solving rather than taking the risk. It's not like she only had 400 or something small like that and solving the puzzle is pointless.