2lwd1x.jpg
(image made by user jumpluff)

Download Link

http://www.speedyshare.com/bHxtE/FE8-Troll-NUPS-patch.ups

Progress:

- Gameplay done, with the exception of some details

- Text edit done up until Chapter 7

Concept:

This project started like a lot of other hacks: I am bored, I have Nightmare and FE, let's see what I can do with them. It did so somewhere during 2010, maybe even earlier.

Along the way, I decided it'd be fun to make other people play it and watch their frustration. I took it more and more seriously and I even started editing the story. Unfortunately, it's never become what it could've been, but maybe one day I'll finish it. The important part is that it's playable all the way until the end.

It's still mostly FE8, it's just rather weird. It's not meant to be "OMG so Random Lulz xd", but it is meant to weird you out. Sometimes there's intentional poor design, sometimes I actually do try to properly challenge the player. But you are given the means to get through most challenges without heavy RNG abuse.

This is more fun to play if you know very little about it, which is why I'm giving very little information to work with. However, I do know that a lot of people struggle with Ch1 and that it can appear unbeatable/luckbased at times. All I can say is to take advantage of what you are being given, particularly character inventories and terrain. It also helps to be aware of what exactly triggers the reinforcements to come, and to play around that.

Edited by Mekkah

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bite.

[spoiler=Prologue]Okay, nothing unusual in the cutscene, Seth seems a little weaker... chapter starts, and now Seth is an archer. With 5 in every stat. Thanks for that. At least he has a kickass bow (25 mt, 150 hit, 25 crit = win in my books). Eirika solos the chapter to save money for Seth, and gets a nice levelup in the process.

[spoiler=Chapter 1]Is that... fog of war? It certainly looks like it. Ugh.

Bwahaha, Demon King Guard on the castle. I like. Breguet is OHKOed but he soldiers on like nothing happened. It looks like I have 5 vision in this fog, which is nice - I can see as far as I can move. So Eirkia can move in with Seth just behind. What long range mages. I AM DISAPPOINT. Eirika drops to 2 HP.

Franz is an anima using Falcoknight (wut), Gilliam is a Knight with 10 STR, 10 DEF, 20 CON, and ZERO in everything else (wut). Oh, and 30 HP. Let's... do stuff.

Franz looks fairly alright so lets use him a little. Oh, there's three enemy Pegasus Knights with Boltings. That's what hit me. Also a Fighter with a Black Gem, Fiendcleaver, Battleaxe, and iron axe, who doesn't drop stuff (of course).

Eirika moves to the fort and heals, and gets another decent level from counterkills. Franz and Gilliam hide. Boltings have 3 shots, so I'll just wear them out. The RNG trolls me and Eirika is hit twice at about 30%. Load state, similar strategy, burn RNs. Now those Pegasii are worthless, free exp. But there's two Fighters to deal with and a flying Thunder Pegasus from behind.

Eirika heals, Franz and Seth get a kill together.

Eirika can't easily kill Breguet in one hit, so Franz does it instead. He gets a terrible levelup. I suspect he's going to be a poor combat unit.

Eirika runs around killing Pegasii for free exp. Gets a decent levelup.

1. UPS patch would be better

Why? You don't need an extra program to apply an IPS patch. Just name the ROM and the patch the same, put them in the same folder, and you're done.

2. C'mon, tell us something, I have no motivation to even try it out.

3. What makes it different from FE8? New weapons? New Characters?

I told you why I'm not telling you anything except what I have told you in the OP!

I Eat Tables knows how it's done :)

[spoiler=prologue]Well. What have we here?

*Eirika gets Devil-critted*

Me: Wat.

So, Seth got trolled, and so did I. Should I be surprised at the RN string here?

[spoiler=chapter 1]Hm. I read the other chapter summaries, shouldn't be too ba- WHAT JUST HIT ME?

So Breguet somehow survived being killed. Interesting. I also died to siege tome-wielding pegasi.

*rages*

I couldn't be bothered to play past that. I might play more tomorrow.

[spoiler=Mekkah, you should read this]It always annoys me to have units us weapons that they didn't originally have and then use the map animation. There is a staff-pegasus animation that would work well for this job. Maybe someone not me could insert it?

People's logs are going to be amusing enough without having to actually call it an LP.

Edited by Camtech086

People's logs are going to be amusing enough without having to actually call it an LP.

Yes, but an LP lets me see exactly what's going on since I can't ever play hacks for some reason.

Plus I'd like to see why everyone's like "WTF." Paperblade decided to tease me. Thanks a lot.

• 3 months later...

That stuff happens. I'll be trying to get up a new version sometime soon. I already edited Ch11 and Ch12, trying to think of things to do for Ch13. Hopefully the next patch will have all of Ephraim's route finished.

That stuff happens. I'll be trying to get up a new version sometime soon. I already edited Ch11 and Ch12, trying to think of things to do for Ch13. Hopefully the next patch will have all of Ephraim's route finished.

yeah just thinking many people missed it. you can turn selena into demon king anyway.