What languages do you speak?

Darros

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

English - Mother tongue.

עברית - זה טוב לעכשו. I'm learning more and more [Hebrew] everyday but I still need a lot of conversational practice.

Japanese - About to start learning from a friend.

Shit, forgot some languages.

Quebecois French - Learned in school (mandatory in Central Canada) but can't speak a word. Note that this is different to real French.

Yiddish - I know how to count and I use a couple of terms now and again but it's basically a dead language, like Latin.

Edited by Life Admiral

English - Mother tongue.

עברית - זה טוב לעכשו. I'm learning more and more [Hebrew] everyday but I still need a lot of conversational practice.

Quebecois French - Learned in school (mandatory in Central Canada) but can't speak a word. Note that this is different to real French.

Yiddish - I know how to count and I use a couple of terms now and again but it's basically a dead language, like Latin.

I was never taught Yiddish, but my grandmother throws a few words into her sentences to get points across. I lost my Hebrew the day I walked away from my Bar Mitzvah. Then I had to go to my cousins and had to cram it back in for a day. But it's as good as gone. I know the basic prayers but if someone asked me a question I'd just look at them weird.

English

Learning Spanish

SNES ASM Language, because hacking SMW is beast.

And a useless Pokemon Netbattle scripting language, that I won't ever need anymore.

Give me a tutorial, a couple examples, and I could learn a programming language in a day.

English - Mother tongue.

Anytime anyone in my school says that Latin is a dead language, the Latin teachers all freak out. It's really hilarious. The students use it to get under their skin, since we're required to take Latin all four years of high school.

Yeah it's indeed awesome. The whole bilingual factor was definitely well done.

That and the whole plot of killing people who were selling off a Quebecois team.

• 2 weeks later...

so i've decided to learn a new language, but i'm not really sure which one i should learn, cause they all sound equally awesome!

i was thinking about either German, Russian, Italian, or Japanese. so... what do you think I should learn?

oh, and in case i haven't answered yet, i'm fluent in both English and Spanish.

i was thinking about either German, Russian, Italian, or Japanese. so... what do you think I should learn?

In order of greater priority - lowest.

Japanese, Russian, Italian, German.

IMO