Be honest

uguu

Do you use the strap thingy?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Be honest

• Yeah
    • Nope

I don't because I'm not like those idiots who let go on purpose for free money from Nintendo clumsy fools who let go of their Wiimotes on purpose accident. Then later broke their wrist straps so that it would look not suspicious.

Actually hands can become quite sweaty, so I use it just in case.

Edit: I don't use the ridiculous jacket for it though.

I didn't even contact Nintendo for the jacket, it looks like something that *insert random idiot's name here* would use.

No I'm me. So i can hold a Wii-mote steady. I don't ever use it. I dont even use it for bleach!

I didn't use it when I rented Bleach and one day I played it so much that my right arm started hurting so I had to switch arms. I was actually doing *kinda* good.

Always.

I ALWAYS use my wirst strap, and make other people use the wriststraps.

Because I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to break my TV, or if I'm at a Friends house, they break it, and some how it gets pinned on me because it's my Wii.

I'm also overly paranoid, and think 'Better safe than sorry.' :3

Even when playing games which make no use of motion sensing, such as Fire Emblem or Virtual Console titles, I use the wrist strap. I have yet to experience any incident of accidentally letting go of the Wiimote in play so I have never updated the controllers. Two of my Wiimotes have the originally used .6 millimeter diameter straps because I bought them before Nintendo began to update Wiimote straps. The .6 millimeter straps should be sufficient as I do not foresee myself making greatly exaggerated movements. It is, however, a potentially useful fallback safety feature.

I have little concern about inadvertently throwing the Wiimote while using it, but I would regret neglecting the safety straps were I to make an error two years down the line. I consider the idea loosely analogous to accelerating one's car so that the needle on the tachometer just nearly reaches the red zone. The risk is dependent on the individual (or the car) but it is still an ill advised course of action. I can understand those who are confident that they will not let go of a Wiimote while playing a game but I personally find it too unnecessary a risk considering the ease with which that risk can be avoided.

things more likely than me breaking the screen with the remote:

-houston texans winning the superbowl

-another season of Fox's twice-failed show "the loop"

-square enix making a "final" final fantasy

-linsay lohan staying clean

-president bush having a 3rd term in the white house

-me getting a cat and dog to mate

-me getting any

let's see, I use them most of the time...I won't put it on when I'm going on everybody votes or internet or when I'm going to use a Wavebird...

but the fatty covers are retarded...

my hands don't get sweaty when using it though...it annoys me when I have to share controllers (of any type) with other people, because they always leave the controllers WARM and SWEATY...can't you hold it loosely so it ventilates and isn't all nasty? Ugh...when I hand off a controller, you barely know I've used it...

Well you might one day be playing Wiisports with your friend and your other friend yells really loud to get you to watch a funny video on youtube and in the sudden shock of the noise, you let go of the wii while swinging it and it hits your friend in the head and wish you had put on that strap...

It could and has happened.

^ the thing i hate most about that is that people are so obsessed with it that they make their children play a sport to "build character" or "make them proud" or some other bullshit reason. most times, its because they want to live through their kids, they want them to be succesful at a sport so they can feel the glory.

i dont follow sports much. i hate it when my dad calls me at random moments to get me to see what's going on in the NFL. i dont ****ing care.

I don't use it unless I'm playing Wii bowling or something where I might actually throw it.

Does anyone bother hooking it in properly when you connect the nunchuck? I think that's a waste of time. Plus it makes it a pain in the butt to undo.

My brother accidentally threw it when playing Mario Party 8 once. It hit the ceiling and smacked him in the head. It was hilarious.

Lol.

I don't use it unless I'm playing Wii bowling or something where I might actually throw it.

Does anyone bother hooking it in properly when you connect the nunchuck? I think that's a waste of time. Plus it makes it a pain in the butt to undo.

The very rare times when my sister plays my Wii she does both, buy I don't. I just insert the nunchuk and turn the Wii on.