Amelia's Gallery

Amelia

Ohey I stumbled over this when I was looking through my art folder.

thankyouw.png

Asuna from Sword Art Online.

A gift for my best friend before I moved away and probably won't be seeing him for the next couple of years. ;n;

Really truly appreciate him for unconsciously changing my life. I miss the guy.

Also @eclipse and joshie: I shall now do that challenge, one person at a time. But probably all gonna be doodles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to colour something that is semi-transparent, make a new layer and there is drop down box labeled "mode" above the layers. By default the box says normal, but try overlay or screen (assuming the veil is a light colour). Or try adjusting the opacity to something below 100%. That way, you can colour your hair like normal, and then the layers above will adjust the colour of the hair for you. Experimenting with layer modes and layer opacity will help you out a lot when it comes to colour blending. This is the easiest way to get started, and then you can mess around with stacking additional layers so the veil doesn't have to be completely transparent everywhere and start using advanced techniques to make things like folds convincing.

Edit: So you can see what I'm talking about.

sai-stuff.jpg

Edited by Samias

happyending1.png

It's done. Oh my god. ;w;

It's so huge even though this isn't its full size.

Thanks for the commission, Rey. =w=

EDIT: Forgot to color the ring. :P

Edited by Amelia

• 2 weeks later...

Aw this is adorable *w* The way you shade clothing is sooo nice. I especially love that near shoulder. There's soem derp in the far arm but the overall prettiness makes me not care. Lissa y u such a cool lookin' lady

• 2 weeks later...

So much better than the actual game's art. They should fire the mackfacks who made those dump droplets and hire you to make art for the next entry into the FE series.

I would gladly kick someone's ass for that job, really. >:3

Aw this is adorable *w* The way you shade clothing is sooo nice. I especially love that near shoulder. There's soem derp in the far arm but the overall prettiness makes me not care. Lissa y u such a cool lookin' lady

So I noticed. I guess it's because the puffy sleeve. I cannot draw puffy sleeve.

That is an insane angle, and it looks awesome~!

why's her boob so shiny?

It's boob, why are you questioning

Anyway I have a lot of WIP.

Started out as a doodle in school.

So please ignore the horribad body. :P

8633173e69160f7b0a1746142ad08dce.png

That Lissa Picture is Amazing! Teach me how to color like you ;A;

It actually take me alot to get the coloring step right. (see how my art style never stay put)

You can just experiment and try out new stuffs, find which one fits your liking. :P

So anyways~

Another work in progress, school is being really long and tedious, abit stressful also.

So I kinda doodle alot.

2c8c7bfdffa54a59c461a386d207acd1.png

waifu~ /shot

Quick question though, how do you guys foreshortening?

It's really hard, so I can't get it right. :<

I will never learn to color like the cool kids ;w; /jk I'll just have to experiment until I find out how it's done.

That Tharja is superb. Her body looks great (no homo). I also love how you drew her eyes and the hair looks so fluffy and silky at the same time.

Edited by Moontoon

I feel like if you're going to foreshorten, then pushing yourself to be more extreme is better than being conservative. Even if it's not "real" I think it ends up reading better. It also helps to show a bit of the limbs just so you see how they "stack" (ie making sure the elbow joint is visible in an arm foreshorten)

I love how her hair looks but if I had one minor nitpick, her facial expression seems too... nice. I think it's because her eyebrows are too high up and her lower lid should probably be darkened up. Having her with a happy looking smile seems kind of out of character.

• 2 weeks later...

tikicolor.png

One does not simply tell me about their waifu all day everyday and expect me not to ship them.
So yeah.

This is Dan's (current) waifu.
Lazily drawn and colored.

EDIT: OR JB'S WAIFU. I DUNNO.

EDIT2: OR ANYONE'S WAIFU. GOSH.

Edited by Amelia

One does not simply tell me about their waifu all day everyday and expect me not to ship them.

Hey hey hey now, in MY case you ask about stuff and you get me to tell you crap. xD

Hey hey hey now, in MY case you ask about stuff and you get me to tell you crap. xD

Well blame yourself for being a shy maiden and tell me NOTHING.

Plus do you want me to ship you or not

Why did I just notice this gallery now? D:

Awesome stuff here. I like most of them. keep em up. :)

Because this is made out of death! DEATH I TELL YOU.