Astelaine's Art Thread

Astelaine

Lumi suggested I make an art thread, so here it is. Unfortunately, I only have one Fire Emblem picture here yet (I have to scan the others), but I hope you will enjoy these instead. Most of them were made with a tablet + Open Canvas or The Gimp.

[spoiler=Eirika spriting ref. :3]eirika.png

[spoiler=Quick, flawed reference for a mug.]baird.png

[spoiler=A zabrak from Star Wars. I still have to put in the tattoos.]harkor_notats.png

[spoiler=A hipster/geek chick.]hipster.jpg

[spoiler=Scenes for Desmond the butler.]desmond_25_4.jpg

[spoiler=Character portrait for a roleplay.]bard_sm.png

[spoiler=This one's more than a year old. It's a friend's WoW character.]nalathas_fire_L.png

[spoiler=Two years old, holy crap. Utena.]utena_fin2.jpg

Don't bother with my devArt page, it's quite old and I haven't updated it in years.

Edited by Astelaine

Oh my gosh those are awesome! =D Great job at the realistic proportions and shading. Did I mention how good those were?

Not the case as far as I'm concerned.

IIRC, there were more, but still.

EDIT: Crap, I forgot (?) Mercakete, I think.

Sorry, Mr. Pickle, but, Ken still sits at number 5 XD

After looking at Vyland, Relinquished, and Eternal Bond's art, I'm pretty sure that Ken's better.

Marthur hasn't been active, so... Can't really count him. If he comes back, I shall relinquish my belief of Ken's 5th placeness.

Now, now, onto Astel...

ASTEL. MY GOD. Your art, the style, the whole realistic-ness of it all! I love it! Your colors and shading are pretty nice as well.

I'll be keeping an eye out on you to try and give critique as you post more XD

EDIT: Crap, I forgot (?) Mercakete, I think.

Haha! Yay! I'm forgetable! XD

Seriously, though, Astel, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your art. =)

Thanks for the comments, guys! I'm glad you like my stuff. Hrrff, gotta set the scanner up so I can actually put up some pencil pieces.

Seph, that sounds great, I'd be very happy to get some critique! I still feel like I'm struggling with proportions, angles, and dynamic posing especially, so more eyes are always welcome. And Kiryn, it's all about practice. I should show you the very first FE4 fanart I did, a full body of Ethlin. Good GOD, it was terrible, and real proof that anyone can get better. I'll see if I can find it. Just keep at it :D

• 3 months later...

I scanned some older artwork, so it's time to bump this topic!

[spoiler=Tuonela, full-body, Summer 2010.]

Remember this sprite I'm working on?

tuonela_test.png

It came from this sketch.

tuonela_sketch.png

[spoiler=Fortune teller for Legend of Zelda. Summer 2010.]teharam.png

[spoiler=Unfinished WIP princess with messed up shoulders. Fall/Winter 2009.]jaladni-1.png

[spoiler=Same character, also unfinished, Summer 2009.]jaladni2.png

[spoiler=A queen, Summer 2009.]

My first ever custom sprite:

custom_spr.gif

An FE-ified version of this sketch.

sirig-1.png

Edit:

Here's the only stuff from 2008 making the cut.

[spoiler=Blood elf knight, commission. Fall 2008.]elrayne_s.jpg

[spoiler=Elf dude with a violin, Summer 2008.]tsilas_s.jpg

[spoiler=Princess Zelda, Summer 2008.]zelda_sketch.jpg

[spoiler=Same princess from 2009, to show the style progression. Spring 2008.]jaladni_col2.jpg

Thanks for looking at this stuff! :)

Edited by Astelaine

The eyes on Tuonela look a little weird-- slightly uneven, I think is the main thing. Otherwise woooooahhhhhhhh

Ohhh, I see what you mean. The actual picture is only 4 inches tall or so - I didn't give myself much room for detail, haha. But that's easy enough to fix. Thanks for pointing it out! :)

woooooahhhhhhhh

I second this. *staring with mouth ajar at the amazing artwork, particularly the clothing expertise in both design and execution*

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Mercakete!

And from the FE4A hack thread:

"What's with that map? I really doubt Sigurd and Eltshan are fighting in an apple grove."

"How do you know? They really could be fighting in an apple grove!"

elt_sig_fix.png

Edited by Astelaine

• 1 month later...

For a doodle, it's very nice! What I like about your coloring is that it really adds volume to the picture, and you choose colors that work pretty well together.

Her eyes seem a bit different from those in your other pictures. Out of curiosity, is this meant to be a different style, or is that just how you draw eyes for Lachesis?

I look forward to seeing more from you!

• 2 months later...

For a doodle, it's very nice! What I like about your coloring is that it really adds volume to the picture, and you choose colors that work pretty well together.

Her eyes seem a bit different from those in your other pictures. Out of curiosity, is this meant to be a different style, or is that just how you draw eyes for Lachesis?

I look forward to seeing more from you!

Thanks! :) About the eyes: just a different style. I haven't drawn Lachesis enough to have hammered down a special look for her.

Also: new art, whee.

[spoiler=Clicky]

faroul_face.png

That's all for now.

Edited by Kittehlaine