A PoR hard mode run

I am not typically an efficiency player but I'm going to give it a shot this time. Mostly aiming for bonus exp, all items and recruits, etc. I'm likely to make silly oversights but I won't be reckless by any means.

Edit: Also, I will be re-doing some chapters to prevent screwed stats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTDyr7apo3U

Nothing to say about Prologue.

Edited by GaleDog

I got this game not too long ago, and I just finished my first Hard Mode run yesterday. I'm interested to see what strategies you use.

Do you have an idea which units you will be using? Also, is this fixed or random?

I got this game not too long ago, and I just finished my first Hard Mode run yesterday. I'm interested to see what strategies you use.

Do you have an idea which units you will be using? Also, is this fixed or random?

I'm not 100% sure just yet, but outside of Volke and fillers, I'm assuming:

Ike

Titania

Oscar

Boyd

Soren

Mia

Marcia

Mist

Nephenee

Jill

Astrid

I've been debating Rolf instead of Astrid for the triangle attack on Naesala, but that would result in Marcia, Mist, Nephenee, Jill AND Rolf himself all duking it out for minuscule HM bonus exp. I'll just figure something else out.

And, random mode.

I've been debating Rolf instead of Astrid for the triangle attack on Naesala, but that would result in Marcia, Mist, Nephenee, Jill AND Rolf himself all duking it out for minuscule HM bonus exp. I'll just figure something else out.

And, random mode.

Maybe this is just my experience, but the amount of XP in HM is actually almost the same as the amount in NM, and should be relatively sufficient for taking care of 3-5 people at a normal pace. However, since you'll probably be wanting to use some on Ike after promotion, and to just in general supplement your other units (Mia enjoys herself some, this is for sure), you're probably making the right call on leaving Rolf behind.

Maybe this is just my experience, but the amount of XP in HM is actually almost the same as the amount in NM, and should be relatively sufficient for taking care of 3-5 people at a normal pace. However, since you'll probably be wanting to use some on Ike after promotion, and to just in general supplement your other units (Mia enjoys herself some, this is for sure), you're probably making the right call on leaving Rolf behind.

Actually, you're more than right, it IS the exact same amount. Don't know what was going through my head there. Triangling is literally the only edge Rolf has over Astrid, and I'd only be using it for one chapter, so there's little-to-no point in raising rolf.

Also, debating Kieran over Nephenee.

Well, this was easy. Titania can reach the boss quickly and he's a wimp, so 2 turns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTfUaz_Rv4g

And about Kieran/Nephenee: Yeah Kieran is better, but I abuse RNG with bonus exp and I normally pick Neph just because I like her. But that's not the point of this run at all. He still has more move, canto, and axes so I'm probably going with him.

Edited by GaleDog

I'm not 100% sure just yet, but outside of Volke and fillers, I'm assuming:

Ike

Titania

Oscar

Boyd

Soren

Mia

Marcia

Mist

Nephenee

Jill

Astrid

And, random mode.

Why do you want to triangle attack Naesala? You get far more exp by leaving him alive. Plus, you would need to give Oscar Bows, which in itself is a bad decision.

Why do you want to triangle attack Naesala? You get far more exp by leaving him alive. Plus, you would need to give Oscar Bows, which in itself is a bad decision.

Renewal is absolutely the best skill of all time. :lol:

(Especially in the Japanese version where the only units that can use it happen to already have Renewal naturally)

What? I didn't know there was a bonus if all ravens survive. I thought that only happened with all laguz surviving chapter 15.

edit: *all ravens including Naesala

Edited by GaleDog

What? I didn't know there was a bonus if all ravens survive. I thought that only happened with all laguz surviving chapter 15.

If you talk to Naesala with Janaff or Ulki, he will then go to talk to Reyson, after which he'll give you the Knight Ring and all of the Ravens will become green and escape the map. You get BEXP for each Raven that escapes.

If you talk to Naesala with Janaff or Ulki, he will then go to talk to Reyson, after which he'll give you the Knight Ring and all of the Ravens will become green and escape the map. You get BEXP for each Raven that escapes.

The ravens also become NPC and retreat if you defeat him, unless I'm remembering entirely wrong. I mean it doesn't matter since I already decided to drop Rolf, but still.

The ravens also become NPC and retreat if you defeat him, unless I'm remembering entirely wrong. I mean it doesn't matter since I already decided to drop Rolf, but still.

That's true, but the Knight Ring is too good to pass up.