WTF is up with the release date?

The one game i dont want to see realeased ever is the new Advance Wars...after reading that the "Days of Ruin" style would be returning i turned off the computer and QQ'd

not to get too off-topic, but where did you hear about a new AW?? i was actually just thinking the other day that i'd like to replay DoR.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to get too off-topic, but where did you hear about a new AW?? i was actually just thinking the other day that i'd like to replay DoR.

From what I last remember, Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict was made to appeal to Western gamers who didn't view war-like emulations the same way the Japanese culture did. Which might be a little sad, because in the move of the series into story and actual maturity, it's Japanese fanbase has dwindled. A lot. And that fun, chipper, cartoony spontaneous fun the series has just gotten is slowly being dwindled away. Days of Ruin, I liked their story, it functioned, and was okay. But Advance Wars is about the gameplay, not narrative--and so far, the turn towards concentrating on narrative against gameplay has given us two very generic games in comparison to the first two Advance Wars.

And Super Famicom Wars. Man, I still feel like I'm playing a cartoon in that one :D

Be happy though, FE is fun and when you finally get the game, you will probably feel that the time investment was worth it

I think you're INCREDIBLY missing the point, which isn't that it's being delayed to fine-tune the game, but that it might not be released at all.

I googled it and it came up. Did you actually enjoy Days of Ruin?

do you have the link for it? i'm curious about the details. re: DoR i liked the change in gameplay. in fact, the way that it emphasizes keeping each unit alive instead of just churning them out makes it actually feel more like FE. even the CO powers, which are local to your CO unit, are more like FE supports than they used to be.

do you have the link for it? i'm curious about the details.

With the member now banned, it looks like you won't be getting any answers from them. However, as Celice mentioned, I haven't heard anything about a new Advance Wars either. I'm guessing they might have confused Advance Wars: Dark Conflict (the PAL title for Days of Ruins) as a separate and new title.

Well I have a few questions:

How much more off topic can we get?

And VincentASM, what happened to the June update of Serenes Forest?

I didn't hear anything about a new Advanced Wars game at all. Time to research! O_O

From what I last remember, Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict was made to appeal to Western gamers who didn't view war-like emulations the same way the Japanese culture did. Which might be a little sad, because in the move of the series into story and actual maturity, it's Japanese fanbase has dwindled. A lot. And that fun, chipper, cartoony spontaneous fun the series has just gotten is slowly being dwindled away. Days of Ruin, I liked their story, it functioned, and was okay. But Advance Wars is about the gameplay, not narrative--and so far, the turn towards concentrating on narrative against gameplay has given us two very generic games in comparison to the first two Advance Wars.

And Super Famicom Wars. Man, I still feel like I'm playing a cartoon in that one :D

I liked DoR haha. I thought the switch in art style was cool, but I liked both of the styles.

I suck at those games, though. For some reason, I can't get the missions down because I have to build my own units haha. I need moar practice...

This article on Kotaku got me thinking. Why don't we give that a try?

It's unlikely to work, but... it can't hurt. And I've heard that physical letters tend to have more influence than email and online petitions. There might not be a whole lot of Fire Emblem fans willing to write in, but, eh. Any chance is better than none, right?

I would be willing, given that many others are as well.

what about a campaign to get people to buy FE:SD? if they saw an increase in sales for that game that was caused by efforts by the fans, then that might actually get their attention. everyone go out and buy 10 copies of it! ;) actually now that i think about it maybe i will seriously buy a copy for my nephew. not sure how much he'll like it, though, b/c like many of his generation he doesn't have the longest attention span and it's not the best in the series anyway.

Edited by geozeldadude

what about a campaign to get people to buy FE:SD? if they saw an increase in sales for that game that was caused by efforts by the fans, then that might actually get their attention. everyone go out and buy 10 copies of it! ;) actually now that i think about it maybe i will seriously buy a copy for my nephew. not sure how much he'll like it, though, b/c like many of his generation he doesn't have the longest attention span and it's not the best in the series anyway.

I doubt it would work, and even if it does it might an incentive for them to pull this shit again in the future.

b/c like many of his generation he doesn't have the longest attention span and it's not the best in the series anyway.

Well, the 8 year old in the play I'm working on right now (he's Astyanax in Trojan Women, if any of you are curious as to how an 8 year old is in a play) stole my phone to play Fire Emblem repeatedly.

Anyways, I'd be willing to write Nintendo.

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. At this time, Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo - Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu has not been announced for release here in North America. More importantly, we do not have any information that tells us this game will or won’t be announced, but I will pass along your comments to the departments which make those decisions.

We often hear from excited fans asking if a particular game is going to be announced. I don’t want to dampen any excitement you feel about the game, but I want to make it clear that until Nintendo makes an official announcement of a particular game there is nothing we have to share about it—regardless of any rumors you may have heard or announcements from Nintendo subsidiaries elsewhere in the world.

If or when we do make an official announcement about Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo - Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu, we will share all the exciting details on our website (www.nintendo.com). Until that happens, we appreciate your patience and ask that you continue checking the website.

Sincerely,

Alain Dao<BR clear=none>Nintendo of America Inc.

Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/

http://www.nintendo.com/consumersurvey.jsp?iid=1219304&aid=31&ref=dragorei2@hotmail.com

If you are unable to open the survey directly from this link, please copy and paste the entire link into your Internet browser.

--------

--- Original Message ---

Received: 6/12/11 5:46:45 PM PDT

To: Nintendo <Nintendo@noa.nintendo.com>

Subject: Webform: DS Lite > General Questions/Feedback

When will Fire Emblem 12: Shin Monsho no Nazo be released in the US? It has many elements that appeal to both casual players and hardcore players and is felt by many in the Fire Emblem fandom to be one of the best in the series so far.

------ Please do not remove your unique tracking number! ------

<<#363522-1219304#>>

They fixed his spelling error in Monshou though. interesting to note

It's sad though that they're doing that in response though. Filling in a template. :/:

They fixed his spelling error in Monshou though. interesting to note

It's sad though that they're doing that in response though. Filling in a template. :/:

Monsho isn't exactly a misspelling of Monshou, but you're right.

Who wants to speculate the meaning of that?

Edited by TheEnd