Return of The Emblem Information & Signup

Phoenix

Alright, Synthia's stuff

74 points

buying Weapon Proficiency

-60 points

14 points

+30 points for tome refund since weapon proficiency now gives a basic weapon anyway

44 points

+20 points from trading in a heal staff

64 points

-60 points from buying mend staff

4 points left

+Weapon Proficiency

+Mend staff

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eriya.png

Name: Eriya Haneyama

Class: Knight (Wind)

Weapon proficiency: Sword

Inventory: Iron Sword

Raw Stats: HP: 6 STR: 4 MAG: 0 SKL: 5 SPD: 2 LCK: 1 DEF: 7 RES: 1

Simplified Stats: HP:18 Atk:4 Hit:5 AS:2 Avo:3 Def:7 Res:1

Hometown: Haon Village (NorthEast of Kayoyama)

Backstory: Son of Muraji Haneyama, and primary guardian for the Hiryuumaden Shrine located in Haon Village. Despite being female, her mother had insisted on raising Eriya as a warrior when she was born and as a result is one of the few women in Kigen who have the right to bear arms. Though she if officially considered part of the Kigen military. Many in the military refuse to acknowledge her as their equal, and a unsubservient woman is considered not only undesirable, but a disgrace. Her role is that of Shrine guard/maiden. A position which can actually be filled by a woman as they are considered property/servants of the dragons that are worshipped at the shrine. Unfortunately this position is only open to families with a high status. And since it makes the girl undesirable, is avoided by nearly all families.

On Eriya's 18th birthday however she witnessed her mothers death by the hands of her father, an event that resulted in her father taking one of Kigens national treasure (The Kushinada Comb) which had been housed in the Hiryuumaden shrine for several generations. Not only did this event cause outrage amongst the Kigenese noble (warrior) houses, but was later used to fuel the Gaishoukinjihou (Foreign merchants forbidden policy).

Her mother dead, and her family name in tatters, Eriya was given the choice of locating her father and retrieving the Kushinada or bestowing an honorable death upon herself. Making the obvious decision, she headed to Ursium to find the whereabouts of her father.

Edited by Kanami

Erm... points to spend...

Level Up?

Damian

Level: 2

HP: 3

Str:3->4

Skill: 5

Speed: 5->6

Luck: 2

Defense: 1->2

Simple Stats

9 HP, 5 Hit, 4 Mt, 8 Evade, 6 AS, 2 Def, 1 Res

I believe I have 21 points left.

Name: Cristal

Nickname: Witch of the Swamps

Class: Shaman

Affinity: Water

Weapon proficiency: Staff

Weapon of Choice: Dark Magic

Inventory: Heal Staff

Raw Stats: HP: 3 STR: 0 MAG: 7 SKL: 3 SPD: 4 LCK: 1 DEF: 2 RES: 3

Simplified Stats: HP: 3, MT: 7, HIT: 3, EVO: 5, AS: 4, DEF: 2, RES: 3

Appearance: Wears a dark hood to cover the burns on her shoulder. Long violet hair that is begining to turn grey. Blind in her left eye.

Nature/Disposition: Cold to people who mistreat animals and nature. Doesn't like loud, show-offy people.

Backstory: A young girl sent to train as an apprentice to a druid, he tought her minor magic, and abused her. One night, the oil from a lamp broke on her, burning her skin and blinding her in her left eye. She ran away from the evil man, before finding her way to a swamp. She decided to live alone, protecting the swamp, coming to care about it and it's creatures, and making friends with the many creatures living there. Many villagers have heard her late at night, when she walks through the swamp with a torch, thinking the swamp is haunted by an evil witch.

@ Snowy

Each rper is responsible for whatever situation they allow their characters to get in. Quote and keep it.

If you're going to withdraw I won't stop you but I hope you weren't expecting the party to actually come back and pick Daloth up :/

@ Psych

Stop spamming my sign up thread.

At this point, we might as well give Psych a chance to respond to the accusations presented.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=24217&view=findpost&p=1406504

Or if he doesn't want to click

Okay while the sign up itself isn't bad, Psych, I(and a lot of others) know from personal experience that you

A: Try to find any little loop hole around a given rule

B: Are a known dice cheater(overall)

C: God mod entirely too often

D: Try to argue all the aforementioned stuff away with whatever makes sense to you at the time.

So with that, I need to tell you straight. I can't accept your sign up. Sorry.

that. Basically, Psych, you've made at least 6 attempts to sign up for this. You haven't responded to this post, despite it being from over 2 months ago. "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." So try something different. Defend yourself rather than spamming the topic with applications.

I have previously tried to sign up, as Phoenix has lead me to believe something is wrong with my sign up.

A situation from one RP should not carry into another. As a matter of fact, I did discuss that post with Phoenix in a PM a few months ago, which eventually boiled down to him telling me "I don't care, deal with it."

I do not see how they can deal with a similar situation that occured like this and still be cordial to Snowy_One, or allow me to join the IRC channel.

Edited by Psychedelica

Okay then, let him play and explain to him the things you don't want him to do clearly. If he still attempts to "ruin" the game, PM me with proof and I will warn him. But I won't warn him for wanting to play badly enough that he has tried to sign up multiple times, so don't even bother sending me reports about that again. The next report I get about him in regards to this had better be that he was not following the rules the way they are intended.

I am sure he does not want to be warned, so hopefully he will play the way you expect players to.

A situation from one RP should not carry into another.

Why ever not? What you do in one situation indicates your personality and your habits. Why wouldn't what you do in one RP indicate the type of player you'd be in another?

Frankly I'm not willing to accept any of his sign ups until he proves to Luna and I that he's changed his behavior. If you need a better explanation let me put it this way.

Psych has a habit of vindicating himself and justifying everything he does once he's done testing the waters. He's been caught cheating enough times to warrant a ban from LoAF long before it actually happened(but Luna and I were trying to give him a chance to shape up).

From what we've seen of the sign up spamming and his constant justification of every single LoAF incident(via pm or otherwise), it's obvious he's not going to contribute anything to the rp other than more, godmodding, boundary skirting, trolling, and cheating.

So put bluntly, Tangerine, I'm sorry but for the sake of the other rpers I will NOT approve any of his sign ups.

We've been dealing with this for months. He hasn't changed yet and from the looks of things he's not going to.

So put bluntly, Tangerine, I'm sorry but for the sake of the other rpers I will NOT approve any of his sign ups.

If you are so certain that he'll wreck things so quickly, how about you let him play for a little just to prove to Tangerine what he does? Once he attempts to "flip over the gameboard", you can send us a PM with links to all the crazy cheating things you think Psych is doing (not just you, Phoenix, but everyone else that thinks he is doing it) and then you can kick him out and we'll never again have to worry about who is right here.

But before all that, how about you guys actually quote some of the gameboard flipping that he did and we can see for ourselves if you guys are overreacting or if Psych is refusing to see that he's doing wrong?

Also, we can warn/suspend Psych if it becomes necessary once you guys let him play. Though like Kanami I can't for the life of me understand why he'd be interested in playing with a bunch of people that don't want him around. The only answer I can come up with is "to troll them in retaliation", and that's something that worries me. However, if that does turn out to be the case, like I said we can actually do something to stop it. You don't have to worry that it'll go on for too long.

How is he supposed to prove that he can follow your rules when he is not being allowed to join? That is a ridiculous concept.

"You have to show me you can do better, but you are not allowed to show me you can do better."

Point is, I will warn him if he continues to cause problems for you should he be accepted, that in itself is a factor that was not present for him the other times. But it needs to be explained clearly to him what he did wrong before, how can he be expected to improve when he does not know exactly what he needs to improve?

If you are still sooo against letting him play with you, stop sending me reports about him trying to sign up. I would like to point out rule 1.1.1 in the code of conduct

1.1.1: Do not abuse this system, however, by reporting every little thing you find offensive, as we handle these reports objectively, and what you find offensive may not apply to the majority. Abusing the report system is grounds for punishment.

You don't have to let him join, but I am not going to warn him for wanting to play a game with you guys badly enough that he has tried to sign up multiple times. Treat the members of this forum properly - no member is "better" than any other, don't provoke or insult him for wanting to play.

Anything else should be handled in PM, this thread is starting to get hijacked by drama. I probably should've handled this in PM myself, my bad :tangerine:.

Also, we can warn/suspend Psych if it becomes necessary once you guys let him play.

Narga, I don't think it will come to that. Once banned from LoAF, he stopped posting which was good enough. Overall, I'd just rather not put other rpers through the crap LoAFers went through just to prove a point to the moderators. I'm sure they don't want to test this, and Psych's only interested in stat battles anyway ... the same crap he cheats in no less.

How is he supposed to prove that he can follow your rules when he is not being allowed to join? That is a ridiculous concept.

"You have to show me you can do better, but you are not allowed to show me you can do better."

That's a misinterpretation of what was said. It wasn't improved rp character behavior we wanted him to show us, but evidence of it. I already told you that he's justified everything, even godmodding. If you really want to spend hours reading through a bunch of Psych quotes, I and a couple others can get them for you soon enough, but for the time being, I'm trying to tell you that it's his attitude/RL behavior that's preventing him from getting in this rp.

Better put; when someone sends a sexual deviant after characters, along with a godmodding priest, fails to listen to warnings at every turn, cheats on rolls, hijacks characters(Helenos), and does anything that won't explicitly break the rules(and thereby forcing new ones to be made) and then justifies all of it to this day(save for the dice cheating which he just never responds to), we've got plenty of evidence that the same will happen in this rp, and no reason to pretend otherwise.

It's not the little guy you're sticking up for here.

You don't have to let him join, but I am not going to warn him for wanting to play a game with you guys badly enough that he has tried to sign up multiple times. Treat the members of this forum properly - no member is "better" than any other, don't provoke or insult him for wanting to play.

I don't treat him worse than he warrants. If you want proof, ask someone for IRC logs sometime.

Now one of my jobs as a GM is to protect the rp and its participants from an overall bad experience. That's what I'm doing now. Since this is for all of our sakes and not just mine and they're the ones that have to live with whatever decision gets made, I'd be willing to take a step back, and do exactly what we did in LoAF and call for an actual vote on whether or not he could join. But if the majority are okay with my current stance, then we'll just leave it at that.

I don't know what you think I'm trying to do here, but I don't care whether you accept him or not. I am not defending anyone. I am telling you what your options are. Either accept him and let me know if he does anything bad, or stop provoking/insulting him and sending me dumb reports. Just don't let him in, none of that is needed. I am here because actual rulebreaking was taking place (and not by Psych), not to get anyone into an RP.

You're not the only moderator. And I realize there's at least a 25% chance that it'll be you responding to any reports I send. But it's clear to me now that you're not going to treat Psych spamming sign ups as actual spam.

The only reason I reported him is because he's already banned from this rp so he shouldn't be posting sign ups in the first place. His sign ups are therefore pointless aka, SPAM. I wouldn't report them otherwise. If you disagree fine, but you aren't helping anything by giving us those kinds of options when what I originally wanted was for you or one of the others preferably to keep him from posting in this thread. If he wants to talk about not being accepted in the rp, he can do it via PM like a sane person. Setting a ban on a subforum isn't a big deal since if he eventually changes we can discuss removing it via pm. That was what I figured and the only reason I ever bother reporting him. Have you bothered looking back on this thread? Did you see all those sign ups?

I don't particularly care what any of you think of me, so those chat logs mean little. I am hardly "gullible", but if I am being called stubborn because I enforce the rules on the forum, then I guess that makes me a good moderator .

What rules were broken? I just want confirmation here.

Also Psych said he came to you for help so....

Well, in this thread he kinda did, you could say. But that was after somebody else drew her attention to this topic.

Anyway, if Tangerine doesn't want to stop Psych from muddling this thread with requests to join, then I suggest you guys ignore them. This is his first attempt in almost two months anyway. I think even Tangerine will agree with me that he's spamming if he starts doing it once an hour or something ridiculous like that. One could argue that his most recent attempt wasn't spamming but simply letting time pass and trying again in the hopes the rest of you would give him another chance. Nearly two months is a long time. You apparently aren't giving him another chance. This one attempt of his is hardly worth all this fuss. 2 pages? Seriously?

Back when he made 4 attempts in under 48 hours, well, that was different.

Tangerine, Psych signed up before. Phoenix said no and outlined his reasons. Psych kept signing up anyway DESPITE Phoenix repeatedly saying no and clearly not wanting him to join. He STILL kept signing up. This is effectively spamming a thread and trolling. At this point, I'd say Phoenix has the high ground since Psych is doing that in a topic he (Phoenix) created.

I apologize for the insult in the screenshot and I apologize for arguing, but I'm just not sure you fully understand.

Also Psych said he came to you for help so....

I know he has tried to sign up repeatedly, but I will not warn for that and neither will any other staff member. He wants to participate so much that he is trying multiple times..that is not against the rules. It is technically spam, but in this case none of us think it warrants a warn. I have talked to both Narga and Nightmare and we are all on the same page. It really is pointless to discuss this.

I do fully understand, I just don't care about anything other than what rules are being broken. Maybe if I were participating as a member of the RP I would be with you guys, but I was asked to come here as a moderator, so that is the Tangerine you are getting! As for the insult, I don't care. It is clear to me that you guys had no idea why I was even involved. You should be apologizing for jumping to conclusions and insulting me without even getting your facts straight, that is a bigger offense than a silly insult :tangerine:.

I don't know what that was about, but Phoenix is the reason I am here and I am the reason Narga is here. It was not crying or because Psych asked us.

I know he has tried to sign up repeatedly, but I will not warn for that and neither will any other staff member. He wants to participate so much that he is trying multiple times..that is not against the rules. It is technically spam, but in this case none of us think it warrants a warn. I have talked to both Narga and Nightmare and we are all on the same page. It really is pointless to discuss this.

Alright then, that's all I wanted to know, whether or not something was actually going to be done. Thanks for your time on the matter.

You're not the only moderator. And I realize there's at least a 25% chance that it'll be you responding to any reports I send. But it's clear to me now that you're not going to treat Psych spamming sign ups as actual spam.

The only reason I reported him is because he's already banned from this rp so he shouldn't be posting sign ups in the first place. His sign ups are therefore pointless aka, SPAM. I wouldn't report them otherwise. If you disagree fine, but you aren't helping anything by giving us those kinds of options when what I originally wanted was for you or one of the others preferably to keep him from posting in this thread. If he wants to talk about not being accepted in the rp, he can do it via PM like a sane person. Setting a ban on a subforum isn't a big deal since if he eventually changes we can discuss removing it via pm. That was what I figured and the only reason I ever bother reporting him. Have you bothered looking back on this thread? Did you see all those sign ups?

I am not the only moderator, but I also do not do things alone. None of us do. If you see us taking action like this, just assume we are all in agreement, because we talk before doing things... that is kind of why we are a staff "team".

What rules were broken? I just want confirmation here.

I already outlined one that will be broken with repetition, now that one of us has brought it up. 1.1.1

Psych was also treated very poorly after attempting to sign up, you can look at the code of conduct yourself and see what rules the things that were said fit under. There is no reason to say things like that, just tell him why you will not accept him and move on.

Hey all,

So I signed up, and I was pretty excited about actually catching up and starting off in the RP this week while I'm on break. Unfortunately this week's gone exceptionally badly (I know, and it's only Wednesday) and it looks like when I get back to school I'm going to be in damage control mode, so I'm going to have to postpone actually playing for a while longer-- I don't think I can handle more than one RP right now. If I manage to get things running all right at school again, I might be able to start, but otherwise I could be out until May.

(LoAFers, I think I can probably handle the one RP, so I'm not going to fall off the face of the planet entirely. You're not rid of me yet.)

Name: Niles

Class: Shaman

Affinity: Thunder

Weapon proficiency: Staves

Weapon of Choice: Dark

Inventory: Mend Staff, 52 points

Raw Stats: HP: 3 STR: 0 MAG: 6 SKL: 3 SPD: 3 LCK: 1 DEF: 1 RES: 3

Simplified Stats: HP: 9 MT: 6 HIT: 3 AVO: 4 DEF: 1 RES: 3 AS: 3 Occupation: Messenger

Appearance: Short dirty blond hair that he keeps the length of it in a pony tail. Wears a yellow scarf and a black cape.

Nature/Disposition: Lazy and likes to sleep a lot, but somehow gets the job done.

Hometown: Europa

Connections: Rachele, his boss. A youthful woman that runs the Head Messenger's guild. Yells at him a lot, but she know he's her best man, and holds some grudging respect for him.

Backstory: A lazy man from Europa. He learned a bit of magic in school, but eventually quit when it couldn't keep his attention any more. Got a job at the Head Messenger's guild to make some traveling money, and ended up staying.

Sold the Heal Staff provided for free.

Name: Robin Hawkdancer

Class: Archer

Affinity: Light

Weapon proficiency: Bow

Weapon of Choice: The longbow. To be precise, she uses hunting bows, but stays away from shortbows due to not fighting on a horse.

Inventory: Iron Bow

Raw Stats: HP: 3 STR: 4 MAG: 0 SKL: 7 SPD: 5 LCK: 3 DEF: 3 RES: 1

Simplified Stats: HP: 9 MT: 4, Hit: 7 AS: 4, AVO: 8, DEF/RES: 2/0

Appearance: Standing at 5'11" tall, Robin is a physically lean woman, a trait that has carried over from her time hunting. She wears a simple shirt, thick

and rough, but kept oddly clean. Though traces of animal blood do accent her clothes, she has put forth effort into keeping the blood off of her clothes. Tribal markings and simple patterns line the hems of both her shirt and pants, done largely in swirl designs, though a few hold leaf-like patterns upon them, making them seem like vines instead. Her bow and quiver are near-constantly either slung across her back, or nearby her in some other form so long as she can help it. Small tufts of hair that have been dyed green mark each end of her bow. Most surprisingly, the hair on the right side of her head has been cut short. She has done this because she often places her head low and along the base of the shaft of her arrow as she aims, her hazel eyes squinting as she tries to line up the perfect shot. Upon firing the bowstring, it is all too easy for long hair to get caught and mess up the shot, or at least hurt something wicked.

Nature/Disposition: Proud of her skills as a archer, Robin is somewhat boastful, but does try to not be rude.

Hometown: Okha

Connections: Berthold (father), Maria (Mother), Willheim (younger brother). All live in Okha.

Backstory: Born in the port town of Okha, young Robin lived a calm and simple life as the only daughter of one of the towns hunters. As a small child, she would wait eagerly for her father to return from his daily hunts so that she could help to clean and skin his kills. When she became old enough to take her own kills, she joined her father on the hunts until she was sure of herself. Seeking independence, but still caring for her family, she moved away from them but remained in Okha. Looking up to Alyssa Ivanovna, she practiced her archery every day, even going as far as to cut her hair on one side so that it would not interfere with her bowstring. Though she could have joined the military, she chose not to knowing that her father did not want to risk losing her. However, as the hostilities with Ursium worsened, Robin grew more and more troubled. At last, she could take it no more and had to make a choice. She wanted the war to end, but knew that her father would not let her join the army. However, if she could lay claim to an artifact of great power, it might give her people the leverage they need to force Ursium to back down.

Though her mind was resolved, she did not know where to begin her search or what to look for. The bones of a saint? Some sword of immense power? She did not know. Yet, she knew she must find such a thing to end the war, even as gnawing regret over her decision and the knowledge that she had broken her fathers wishes haunted her from the back of her mind.

Edited by Snowy_One