Those dots on the side under the avatar related to postcount

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure the 11th dot is at 3000, which Fayt has as 2000 (since it's the 10th additional dot. I think you start at 1 dot). I think I was told that the 12th dot is 6000, though I might be wrong on both of those.

Higher gaps than those for more dots.

I think it was something like 50-150-300-500-750-1000 etc. The space gets higher every dot.

My dots are a contradiction to that pattern. someone told me recently that I had like, 315 posts, and I have 5 dots.

I'm pretty sure the 11th dot is at 3000, which Fayt has as 2000 (since it's the 10th additional dot. I think you start at 1 dot). I think I was told that the 12th dot is 6000, though I might be wrong on both of those.

I think Fayt is right... Astra has 1750ish posts, and he has 10 dots. Unless I'm understanding you wrong.

Edited by Iksel

My dots are a contradiction to that pattern. someone told me recently that I had like, 315 posts, and I have 5 dots.

[/size][/color]

I think Fayt is right... Astra has 1750ish posts, and he has 10 dots. Unless I'm understanding you wrong.

I never said he was wrong for 10. I never made a statement about 10, though I'd guess you need 1500. I suggested (though I could be wrong) that you need 3000 to get 11 dots (10th additional dot at 3000, 1 + 10 = 11). And 6000 for 12.

If Astra has 10 dots at 1750, that's not evidence against my idea (though it doesn't really help to prove mine either, so need more dots/post#s to look at if I cared enough to figure it out).

Edited by Narga_Rocks

I never said he was wrong for 10. I never made a statement about 10, though I'd guess you need 1500. I suggested (though I could be wrong) that you need 3000 to get 11 dots (10th additional dot at 3000, 1 + 10 = 11). And 6000 for 12.

If Astra has 10 dots at 1750, that's not evidence against my idea (though it doesn't really help to prove mine either, so need more dots/post#s to look at if I cared enough to figure it out).

Like I said, it was possible I was understanding you wrong. why can't you just say 11 dots instead of the tenth additional. ;-;

Well, 2000 seems good enough for 11.

255 is good enough for 5.

378 is not good enough for 6.

1771 is good enough for 10.

3535 is good enough for 12.

so probably 250 for 5

1500? for 10

2000 for 11

3500 for 12 (unless I can find someone with 3000 posts to see how many pips)

Cos we all just want to have royal stars

and live in hilltop houses driving fifteen cars

the girls come easy and the drugs come cheap

and we'll stay skinny cos we just wont eat.

[/gruff voice]

Edited by mikethfc

This reminds me, I changed the pip formula a few times over the years, mainly to account for the people with crazy amounts of postcount (3000+). So if you see any inconsistencies, don't be surprised...

Also, and this doesn't really matter, but there was a mirror set of numbers for negative postcount as well. So +/- 2000 got you X pips.

Hey hey, I wanna be a bad singer.

If he did that it would make as much sense as a song by the Pussycat Dolls about how they want to take their kit off.