Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of which, activities' pretty low in both chapters so I think it's time to move on as much as possible. It's not the best timing but I'm going to try and finagle a TS tomorrow-ish. For Rev that's three hours or so, and for Flight it's about half an hour. The exchange between Kenta and Gaston/Amanda in Rev and the one between Greta and Rolo won't be TS'd since they're wholly independent scenes and can just be written out the usual way.

Rev notes:

-Cecelia's Mercenary interviews: You guys can handle these however you want, but I'd start ASAP to save yourselves some time.

-Anna's Notes: Only relevant to Script and anyone bored enough to pester Gar or Anna; Anna will have returned to the stables to get back to work well before the end of the TS, so (to Script) if you would prefer just a summary or a retro for the stable stuff, let me know.

-Prisoner interview: This will be happening post-TS. Only relevant to Thany, Luna, and Snike, currently.

-Red Aura: This will have resolved before the TS.

Flight notes:

-The minefield: By the end of the TS, though group will have made their way past the minefield. The fliers have to go over, but there aren't any clearings around so keep that in mind. Well there is a clearing, where the bandit hideout is, but Sonya hasn't started her diversion yet, so better to just avoid that area, finalize the plan, and then wait for Sonya. (You can begin the attack before Sonya arrives, but then the enemy will have the advantage lol)

-Determine combat teams for the upcoming challenge: If you're worried about IC, just work under the assumption that the reinforcements will arrive relatively on time, which they will (especially at this pace XD).

-Wagon group's been on the move nonstop since the scouting party left, so by this point they'll have reached the area where Greta's group first met up with Raquel's. That's far south of where the scouting party is.

Regarding Rev:

I can write up a segue for the TS, depending on when the TS gets posted. I'll just need to know about how forthcoming individual characters are willing to be with the report-gathering so that I can summarize it post-TS (unless anyone wants to retro specific interviews.) See here for an example of the sort of summary I'd write up after the TS: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=48716&page=131#entry4075607(In short, "this person gave this much information, this person gave that much information, this person was a smart aleck" etc.)

Anyone in the room with Raquel is going to at least be asked (persistently) for his or her account of the previous night's battle.

Regarding Flight:

So, who all's participating in this challenge (stat-wise?) Here's my educated guess (feel free to correct it): Norbert, Lumi, Eva, Angelica, Shadrak. Will the scouting party be coming, too?

Edited by Mercakete

Amalia would be open about all information regarding the fight and give a detailed a summary as she could remember (which would be everything until she got knocked out, and everything after she was brought back up).

Okay TSes are up, though I made a change to Rev's timeskip. Instead of a three hour jump, events have only moved up one hour. Saves me from having to deal with a few shenanigans too early. Hurraaay.

For those of you who gave me specific answers to my request here, thank you. As for the others, I'll post as best I can with what I was given, but feel free to correct anything that doesn't look IC to you. I'll go on and add details or change things around to make sure that your characters' actions are represented accurately.

• 3 weeks later...

k; thanks for the context. :) Still, in the post, Bert was more just clarifying that he didn't mean they'd take separate rides and wanted to make sure he wasn't insinuating that Lumi bring Star into battle since he knows she's not comfortable with that.

With things having seemingly died down for the moment and with little more to do, Robin

decided to head back to the stables. This time she quickly stopped to get some apple slices. On the off-chance Chip was in a more 'friendly' mood she might be able to convince the monkey she wasn't an enemy and, in the event he wasn't, free snack! More directly she desired to meet up with Anna and get ready for her 'mission'.

Gabbie had managed to change into her blue tunic, but left her armor off for the time being. With her armored gloves and boots soaked, she felt extremely uncomfortable wearing them, and swapped them for her older riding gloves and boots once she'd dried herself off. After that, she emerged from an empty stall and approached Anna shortly after she'd sensed Robin coming.

"So ... question, are we borrowing a seal from the army, or are we just getting one of ours?"

Anna shrugged, "we really don't have the time to be running back and forth all over the city, but if we have to use one of ours, you'll have to go and get it. You'll also have to be extra careful since you haven't had much sleep."

"Oh don't moind me," Gabbie

feigned apathy for a moment, "I don't moind dying again all for your stupid plan. Not. One. Bit."

She's really ticked off right now, Anna noted, Maybe I should adjust the plan a little, just to be on the safe side.

I know it's been some odd number of pages so these should help you hop back into things.

Edit: It left my search words highlighted. Neat ... not really.

Edited by Phoenix

Ok, so, my suggestion for Flight's combat teams:

(this is just a rough slap-together based on the forming plan IC -- that is, what makes sense from what's been stated via plot. It's completely open for revision.)

- Norbert, Lumi, Shadrak (Ferrying purposes)

- Eva, Angelica, Jam (Ferrying purposes)

- Amon, Hoshi (Reinforcements, Amon's speedy and Hoshi's the powerhouse who can generally take care of herself) (And Amon loves working with dark magic users)

- Nadya, Luther? (More reinforcements, and I think Luther was a tank-type?) (Also, if Luther's a no-show, maybe just lump Amon, Hoshi, and Nadya together.)

Any thoughts?

I was wondering if I was going to get to start the challenge without a CT confirmation and indirectly crank things up to 'Team Sanctuary Must Die' difficulty. Anyway, it seems solid enough but if we really do wind up with no shows this could be even more painful than I'm picturing. Those reinforcements seemed somewhat needful at the time and they still do XD

Edited by Phoenix

"So ... Bert, Eva, and Lumi, free pegasi and their riders ... myself and or Angelica breach the wall ... the captain and his men block the entrance, and everyone else hit the bandits? That sound good?" Shadrak looked to everyone else.

Barring the reinforcements (which I assume no one knows are coming), everyone else = Jam. So, yay reinforcements!

Well, to be fair, the captain didn't say all of his men would go to block the entrance, just that most of them would.

Edit: And there's also Fizza. Did we have any other NPC's with us besides them (and the reinforcements/Sonya, who I assume they're not counting)?

Edited by Mercakete

As funny to write as Fizza guarding an opening in the wall would be, she's probably going to go around trying to ghost people 'offscreen' in the middle of all this. That or just go help the guard captain with Operation: Not This Way.