Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Someone lock Mavis, Eva, and Norbert in a room. Either they'll come out as best friends, or kill each other. Also, why haven't I thought of this before? Nadya and Greta could totally set up a gambling scheme, inviting people to watch the group and take bets on who wins with all the infighting, if said infighting's allowed to escalate. House always wins, which means Greta's back in business and Nadya gets gold. The latter could even charge healing fees. Man, so many ways to abuse the system/make lemonade out of sour relations. ('Course, in all seriousness, all this could be thwarted by IC. I.e., seems to me that Mavis would need a reason to fight besides personal provocation, and Bert's more likely to try to break the locked door down than fight the other two. Hmm...allowing the group to beat the tar out of each other might still be a way to earn money and ease (or damage) relations, though. I'll stop musing now. This joke has turned into overthinking.)

UPDATE:

I already mentioned this in the discord channel but it should be mentioned here, too. My next Fight post is going to jump to a gathering in the dining hall of the Deadly Dandelion where they'll have a (hopefully) short Q&A after Amon goes over some inconvenient canon. After that, Team Sanctuary's going to get TS'd all the way to Kigen. Prepare yourselves, this is going to be a 7 day jump for them.

I'm hoping to get Team Valcyn moving too, but it's going to take them a lot longer since their meeting covers a lot more material. Still, to try to keep the groups closely synced, their next major TS will also be roughly 7 days. Just a heads up there. For those that still haven't joined the Discord channel, you can find it here or on the google site's home page.

I only kept up a little bit... but it seems i have missed alot ever since fire emblem heroes kept distracting me. partaking in the discord group should help me keep more focused on this roleplay tho. I just need to get invited to it.

Sorry for the inactivity tho.

Edited by Thany

• 1 month later...

I'm going to be working on the TS posts starting tomorrow(technically today) (TS to meeting for Team Valcyn and TS to Kigen for Team Sanctuary). Team Valcyn's should be finished within a day but I have to backread a few things first to get the TS contents right, so it'll take a while. Team Sanctuary's going to be at least a few days (but possibly longer), so don't wait up on it.

• 3 weeks later...

NOTICE:

Chapter Fifteen's up for Team Sanctuary. Sorry for the mess; spoiler tags are unbearable post-update, and I can't be bothered anymore.

Key points:
-Team Sanctuary is now on day 74 (noon-ish), from day 67.
-The Emi Maru hasn't docked yet but it's a post or two away from doing so. Anyone with characters over there can still place and whatnot.
-That 'skirmish' happening over yonder is VERY far away. There's no danger to anyone in the region.
-The Kigen naval ships in the area are small but numerous, around forty or so, but they're mostly out guarding the perimeter. (No turtle ships present sadly)
-Ra is currently not in physical form. (Can't initiate interaction with him directly, currently)
-It's going to take a bit for the team to get moving due to customs and getting the wagon off the ship, among other things, so no need to rush off. The Ursian and Neviskotian ships docking were mentioned for a reason, but don't feel compelled to rush the group into hiding. They're going to be in this situation for a little while.

• 2 weeks later...

NOTICE:

Team Valcyn's TS is coming up at some point here ... basically once I've got the energy to start on and finish it. In the meantime, start any retros you think ought to get done (and if they involve me, say a prayer first), even if it's just NPCs and other 'out of the way' stuff. Team Valcyn's jumping to day 74 from day 67 just like Team Sanctuary did. I want to keep the two groups in sync since cross team communication is possible at the moment (EG: Raquel, Ryder, and Keeper)

One other thing, to make life easier for people going forward I've added a couple of useful bits to the Team pages on the google site. They're called 'Objectives' and 'The Meta.' Newcomers and rejoiners especially should check them out while they're looking around. Objectives is simple but shows exactly what a given team is trying to accomplish and are pretty much their initial mission statements updated in light of new information. They'll be marked on completion. The Meta is to let people know what to expect without being overly specific (aka: spoilerific). In practice it's a thin extra layer of plot armor and some extra eyes for RPers to use. Just the same, keep all your actions IC, and enjoy.

Team Valcyn
Team Sanctuary

• 1 month later...

NOTICE:

Chapter Fifteen's up for Team Valcyn. Since I cut all NPC content unrelated to the TS (and then some that was =_=;), some very important information is contained below.

-The current day is 74, just like for Team Sanctuary. It's morning, around breakfast time, so about 4 to 5 hours behind Team Sanctuary.
-PHEE character locations:
Raquel & Jethro: Dining Hall
Reign & Sirius: Dining Hall
Gabbie: Stables (with Tacito)
Zachary: Dining Hall
Tonya: ??? (Wherever Lane is)
-Rusayev Manor: This is Team Valcyn's base of operations while operating in Neviskotia, though setup isn't quite finished, yet. The place will be mapped out just like Weyland's estate was, once I find the time. In the meanwhile, user your imaginations plus the following general information:
The manor is in Kievan Rus, the capital of Neviskotia. It was built on what used to be the outskirts, generations ago, but since the city expanded, the property was assimilated into its own large block. The property is walled off and their are guard towers integrated into the structure (Weyland's estate also had guard posts, which are similar to guard towers but more improvised than pre-planned). While there's a basement level (no losers allowed), the manor is two stories tall, with plenty of guest rooms. A lot of, but not all of the staff live there on the property itself; others come in from the city to do their jobs whenever they're scheduled to do so. The main attraction is the great hall and dining hall, the former which is for receiving guests, and the latter for feeding them. The tables are huge, able to seat upwards of 100 people. Other eye catching elements include well kept gardens, and large stables for housing animals, and on special occasions, wyverns.
-The Paladin (Team Valcyn's ballista tank wagon thing) was completed around day 5 of the TS (Day 72). It was transported over on day 6 at nighttime, so it's been on the Rusayev property for 8 hours or so.
-Anna headed off (wasn't clear about where she was going) right after the Paladin was completed, so she hasn't been seen by the group since day 5 (day 72).
-As stated in the opening post, Steinn gave written testimony for Tatiana to use, but in the moment it did not convince the Conclave as a whole of an impending attack. The first part of their stay in Kievan Rus will be sorting out the Conclave debacle once and for all; either they'll be convinced to vote on the issue (which could still come to a 'buzz off' result), or they'll shut it down a third and final time with no vote at all. This is not scripted in any way, so do not feel shy about suggestions or haphazard interference. Just keep it IC as usual.
-I'll be doing NPC stuff that would have occurred during the TS when I've got some time and the juices are flowing easier.
-There is a post-overhaul and post-update battle in the works, but which team it actually lands on depends on which one handles their arrival business first (for Team Valcyn this is the Conclave part and the aftermath of that, and for Team Sanctuary it's setting out from Arugai), as well as when part II of the first big update is finished. So just a heads up there.
-For those who want to get more involved overall, get in more practice, boost posting activity, or anything like that, you can also submit NPC staff characters (people that work for the Rusayev family). Note, Rusayev Manor is Team Valcyn's base/FHQ/FOB/etc, so we're going to be coming back here a lot. If you've got any questions regarding this, or need context for backstory and other things, just ask Luna (Cynthia) or myself.

Lastly, the current day and time of day for each team will be kept track of in the team roster pages on the google site. Day is bolded and in red, so if you miss it, don't tell anybody; that'd be embarrassing.

• 2 weeks later...

If it hasn't become obvious by now, I'm going to be pretty busy for the next two months and two weeks as I try to wrap up school once and for all. If a battle happens between now and then, I probably won't be able to participate, but we'll see. I'll try and get a post out sometime today.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2017 at 10:33 AM, Toogee said:

I'll try and get a post out sometime today.

I'm a sucky person who sucks. I finally posted though.

On 10/1/2017 at 6:53 PM, Phoenix said:

So you're in the final stretch? Go for it, man lol Also, thanks for trying to keep up in spite of that, but make sure you don't overdo it, too.

• 1 month later...

NOTICE:

This slow patch is boring, but I'm somewhat okay with that since November is literally killing me (and December probably won't be much better due to Nov spillover). That said, I'm taking the time to try and get some notes down for the second part of the update. No ETA on that, but it'll be finished by the time either of the teams leaves their respective settlement. Might also do an open test map just for the hell of it (for those on Discord, it's just that Saber Alter thing I occasionally mumble about). More details on that once I make up my mind whether or not to try it.

One other thing: I'm probably going to TS Team Valcyn to the Conclave meeting at some point here. No ETA on that either, but you'll know when it's about to drop. For now, just taking advantage of the slow ...

Lastly, Happy Thanksgiving!

• 4 weeks later...

NOTICE:

Okay, we're going to be on a hiatus while I try to deliberate on some issues. Update work is also on hold since that's a bit pointless right now. I was originally going to see how the situation was looking post-update but with overall interest as low as it's ever been, we may wind up ending the RP early. I haven't decided on that yet, but I'm just letting everyone know officially that it's in the cards.

• 1 month later...

NOTICE:

I think it's been long enough for people to be used to not needing to post regularly, so hopefully the big decisions will come easier, now. I've still got 'RL stuff' coming up and might be pretty swamped in February but I'll make the time to handle issues here, anyway. There are three things I need to know, though. 1: Who's interested in staying on with their 'current' characters after I end RotE's hiatus? 2: Who's interested in staying but wants a fresh start with a new character? (if you start over you're starting with just one character initially; no exceptions) 3: Who's leaning more toward quitting altogether? The responses to answers 1 and 3 are going to affect how long the two teams are TS'd after I revive the RP, since they deal with existing characters, and I want to deal with the current roster as gently as I can. The more characters we lose, the longer the TS is likely to be, since I'd rather not have the hiatus end and both teams be nursing fresh wounds over how x or y was taken before their time ... at least not to the point where it's boring. I'm going to be leaving these three questions open, either for a week or two, or until everyone's responded. In the meantime I'll be poking at that old update I was working on and try to wrap it up. Once everything's taken care of, I'll whip out the phoenix downs and revive this old RP of ours.

If you've got any questions you can post them in here, PM me, or track me down on Discord.