Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

I still have no idea what's going on with her and that group but I'm attached to her, at least.

If you're talking about Flight, it's basically the escapades of Greta and Rolo and some developments in Kigen. The rest of us pretty much took November and December off.

Start here. Read the next 10 posts. Boom. Caught up.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I might be reading things wrong, so if I am, correct me, but Angelica might be better at taking on Carlos than Luther or Lumi.

1. If she closes, he should be forced to use Dual Knives on her if he attacks her(which I imagine, as an erratic, he would if he was charged). This does a manageable 2+d6 damage to firewall, before he eats a 100% hit stun counter. Preventing the double helps mitigate his damage a fair bit. After that, she can smack him with arcwind while he's still stunned, switch back to Firewall, and let him bait himself again on EP. I am unsure exactly how the interaction is if he attacks someone else with greatbow, and whether using melee or ranged would be better, in that sense.

2. I assume she can still be wind runed away by the ballista, but if she closes, they would be unable to target her, at the least, with the ballista itself. If she's wind runed away, it relieves some pressure, at the least. She's not the best at fighting the ballista, but she can chip at them with arcwind, at the very least. Also I am going to assume that ballista can't double since they are considered guns... if they can, well then she's ORKO'd by them regardless so it doesn't really matter.

Like I said, I could be missing things and such, so correct me if I'm wrong. Range is confusing @.@

Edit: Also, for what it's worth, if Jam dances AS for a turn, then she can double Carlos with the stiletto.

Edited by Ether

All of Carlos's and ballista damage is halved on Lumi and she does 10+d6 damage to him and isn't doubled.

Also Jam actually gets an action besides dancing so she should probs do something other than sit

I mean, it's a tossup. Lumi takes halved damage, but Angelica takes less hits due to stun counter, so they end up taking roughly the same amount of damage(as she has 10 def with firewall). Lumi does slightly more damage(8/10 + d6 as opposed to 7/9 + d6) but has hit issues, whereas Angelica can't miss him. As I said, the AS dance is also an option to allow even more damage with stiletto if we want it(6/8+d6 x2)

Either could work, just figured I'd throw it out there.

*shrug* I'm not really planning so do whatever, I'll happily pass on acting if someone else wants to act. Nice thing about challenges is they don't have any of the awkwardness associated with needing to get points so I dun mind just having Lumi chill with the pegs if it comes down to it.

Also Jam actually gets an action besides dancing so she should probs do something other than sit

I'm open to suggestions. She has a chance of missing on everyone that's not a ballistician. Since the ballisticians have wind runes, that would delay her dancing a turn (unless Empower works at siege distance).

In that case, should she move towards one of them? If my calculations are correct, I don't think they can hit her (short of auto). It might take time to whittle one down though.

Edited by Toogee

So, we've got 2/6 actions completed, one of which is a partial action. I agree that Jam should do something. Otherwise, it's less done than should be. Hmm... Unless she's going to get killed by doing anything else. She has a whopping 21 Avo, though, so unless Cynthia rolls for the enemies someone autos, she should be fine. I'm cool with her closing in on a ballista. Also seems to fit her IC. Just tell the guards to guard the breach and rush in gung-ho like she sometimes does. Taking ballista heat off of us would be nice, too.

So, that'd be a full 2/6. We also want SM A and Sniper A dead and I don't see anyone objecting those actions, so we can still throw Bert and Amon at those guys. 4/6.

Now, I'm having a hard time telling which enemy teams are active. Are all of them active, or just the first 2? Looks to me like the ballistae won't attack, being passive (except, maybe, for A since the whole team was attacked, though the ballistae was at siege, so I don't know if that'd activate it or not as it didn't take damage.) All snipers and swordies seem to be ready to act on their turn, and Lich is erratic, so we can probably expect something from him.

As for who to close in on Carlos, I personally like the idea of the stun. So, Angelica. But how many turns does a stun last? Is it just for the combat round? Then that'd be 5/6.

So, last combat action, right now, we have Eva defending Hoshi, which I could see, as I believe Hoshi's on the way towards the prisoners (Eva's IC goal.) But would we rather throw someone else at something else instead? Up to you guys; I just wanted to ask the question since I don't know what has or hasn't been thought of regarding this.

If I'm recalling stun mechanics correctly(also assuming they haven't changed) the stun lasts from the moment it hits, for a full turn. As an example, Angelica has 4 AS with the firewall, so normally, Carlos would double her with dual knives. In this instance, she would take the first hit, launch her stun counter(which can't miss, as she has more hit than his evd), along with her own counterattack, Carlos would then be stunned, and not complete his pursuit attack. The stun should then carry over into player phase, making Carlos unable to counterattack any hits launched at him(in this example, Angelica's PP attack, but anyone else capable of hitting him would also suffer no counterattacks).

I believe that the stun status clears at the beginning of enemy phase, so he'd be able to act again next turn, but I could be incorrect, and it might clear at the end, and if so, that's even better since it keeps him locked for another one of his turns.

As for the active teams, it's honestly difficult for me to tell, as well. I couldn't say for sure.

Edit: Also, Jamilla aggroing towards Carlos might be a bad idea. Unless closing only counts towards a specific unit, in which case she can charge a ballista, but Carlos has 20 hit, and if Jamilla closes towards all siege units(which is how I believe it works?), he might just opt to take her out since he'll have no problems actually hitting her.

Edited by Ether

So, we've got 2/6 actions completed, one of which is a partial action. I agree that Jam should do something. Otherwise, it's less done than should be. Hmm... Unless she's going to get killed by doing anything else. She has a whopping 21 Avo, though, so unless Cynthia rolls for the enemies someone autos, she should be fine. I'm cool with her closing in on a ballista. Also seems to fit her IC. Just tell the guards to guard the breach and rush in gung-ho like she sometimes does. Taking ballista heat off of us would be nice, too.

Went ahead and edited. Jam is closing on Ballista A. I figured we'd just stick with the party we're currently attacking. That and Ballista A is the only one without Nihil II, so less complications.

1. Hoshi blast Team A

2. Jam dance HIT, and cast at SM A

3. Angelica closes at Carlos

4. Eva defends Hoshi

5. Amon takes SM A out

6. Norbert takes Sniper A out

Then EP, which is fun tiems. :D

Nobody died, guys. Rejoice ... and prepare for EP#2 ....

EDIT: It cometh to my attention that a certain swordsman doth forgeth his bravery. (Bert got smacked down pretty hard; carry on)

Edited by Phoenix

So, for what it's worth, as I said earlier, for raw damage on Carlos, AS dance is the highest for Angelica's DPS, but since I'm not sure how(if at all) that benefits the rest of the turn, +Mt will also help to dent him. I'm heading out for work soon, so I'll bbl and such.