Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

NOTICE:

Alright, I've heard back from everyone, I think (either in here or over PM), so just letting everyone know that I'm going to try to hammer out the rest of the update (been poking at it here and there but it's still slow going. In short -> February sucks and good time management has never seen my face) After the update goes up I'll start figuring out the TS length to deal with our inactive characters and get both parties out of their boring planning phases. That will require some info gathering, but I'm going to try something a bit more efficient this time around. Hopefully it'll save time and get people more engaged. Basically I'm going to be explaining small parts of the TS well ahead of time, gathering people's input on it, and shaping it as I go along (not all at once, especially since not everyone's on discord or even on discord all at one time). Think of it like planning a player phase but with the plot. Once we reach a point where each group is close to a potential 'conflict' and the inactives are taken care of, I'll make that the official TS time for the groups. From there, you can work on anything you need to work on and I'll get the summary written up when the muse finds me.

I am aiming a bit high here, trying to accomplish multiple things at once: Get both teams near their next 'stat battle' on the same day in the timeline while also removing any inactives. It's a tall order, but I think it's doable with enough brains focused on it. Note that I'm not set on forcing specific destinations and am open to short term goal/route changes (EG: Team Sanctuary doesn't have to cover a week's distance if the TS lasts an entire week). If something were to come up that kept either group from traveling as far as they could have during the TS, that's fine. The important thing is to not land either group into another rut, either immediately after the TS, or right after the next battle. Ideally I can work in something urgent somewhere to keep both groups on their toes.

One last thing. Don't worry about this too much just yet. I'm just letting everyone know ahead of time what the plan is. My focus right now is wrapping up the second part of the update and maybe squeezing in some QoL bits to make roll20 smoother for actual battles (it's faster than the old system but awkward in places). I'm not going to be doing anything TS related again until that's done so I'll have an easier time staying focused. Feel free to muse or ask questions, though. Just be prepared for a 'not sure yet' and an 'undetermined' here and there.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Yes, I actually took care of that, though the QoL updates are difficult and I don't want to force unnecessary changes, so I'll implement those as needed over time. Anyway, for update specifics, click here.

Okay, now I won't be starting this tonight because I'm distracted, slightly tired, and have to catch up on my studies, but I'll be doing that info gathering mentioned above very soon. If anyone's changed their minds about dropping or keeping a character, or introducing new characters, please let me know as soon as possible.

• 1 month later...

NOTICE:

Okay making this official. There's a change of plans for the upcoming time skips. As much as I want to move both groups past the main departures and to more engaging content and recruitments, it's going to take way too long and way too many retros are going to pile up trying to figure out IC reactions. So instead, I'm going to try and figure out a few things for both teams over the next few days and then start the RP back up. We'll try to get the upcoming PCs added in when we can but it's going to be slow going for a while.

NOTICE:

Alright, we're officially off hiatus. Only a minor time skip for Team Valcyn though ... and not much of a TS at all for Team Sanctuary, but I'll make due and give both teams plenty to work with as placements get handled.

• 1 month later...

Pretty much everything's on the google site, but if you've got more specific questions you can ask me or poke around on our Discord channel.

Edited by Phoenix

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

NOTICE:

Curse this amorphous sleep schedule. Also, Team Sanctuary's going to be TSing to morning soon, just a heads up on that. Any other meetings between now and then will either be retro'd or summarized. Team Valcyn's going to get TS'd to evening after their current meeting, so anything happening before then will also have to be retro'd or summarized.

Notes:
-Team Valcyn's going to be hearing back from the palace, hence the skip to evening instead of morning.
-Team Sanctuary doesn't have anything 'important' going on until morning, which is why they're getting moved a lot further.
-The both teams will have the option of a stat battle when they leave their respective cities. Keep in mind that until a character participates in a battle, their current stat build isn't locked in.

• 2 months later...

I suppose here's the proper place then. I thought there would be a channel in Discord. Seems I was wrong. Anyways...

I'm sorry for how I acted. I kept blaming not only you but past GM's and the like (such as Florina or Mr_e_s) for my terrible attitude, habits, and everything while never taking responsibility for the things I did. I did my best to make it centered around me and my feelings and problems instead of playing the game making me stupidly-rotten as a RPer. I don't blame you guys for resenting me and the like if you do. However, I'm at the point now where I need to make peace with my past to move on. I hope that, by at least offering an apology for how terrible of a player I was, I can show that I am moving on and improving; especially by finally taking responsibility for how terrible I turned out. As bad of GM's as they were people like those two didn't make me or define how I responded to them or anything. But it was my choice to develop the rotten and self-centered attitude that made me so hard to work with and mine to keep it going every time things didn't go my way. Maybe I'm not fully there yet, but I have taken large steps to correct my attitude, and making peace with how terrible I was is one of them so that I can move on to not be so terrible.

9 hours ago, Snowy_One said:

I suppose here's the proper place then. I thought there would be a channel in Discord. Seems I was wrong. Anyways...

I'm sorry for how I acted. I kept blaming not only you but past GM's and the like (such as Florina or Mr_e_s) for my terrible attitude, habits, and everything while never taking responsibility for the things I did. I did my best to make it centered around me and my feelings and problems instead of playing the game making me stupidly-rotten as a RPer. I don't blame you guys for resenting me and the like if you do. However, I'm at the point now where I need to make peace with my past to move on. I hope that, by at least offering an apology for how terrible of a player I was, I can show that I am moving on and improving; especially by finally taking responsibility for how terrible I turned out. As bad of GM's as they were people like those two didn't make me or define how I responded to them or anything. But it was my choice to develop the rotten and self-centered attitude that made me so hard to work with and mine to keep it going every time things didn't go my way. Maybe I'm not fully there yet, but I have taken large steps to correct my attitude, and making peace with how terrible I was is one of them so that I can move on to not be so terrible.

*hug* It's great that you're moving forward! Keep at it, Snowman! You can do it! :D Become the best version of yourself!

• 4 weeks later...

NOTICE:

This is really late but I've been hammering away at a lot of different things while on this hiatus. Anyway, since the RP's very close to dead, I'm going to be making some changes in the next few weeks. The plan is to give this one more shot with a rework to the plot and a cleaner start. If it sticks, awesome. If it doesn't, I'll be officially calling this one.

For those staying, some things to know ahead of time are that I'll be TSing at least one month from where the topics are now, and starting at Chapter 16 (though it's going to feel an awful lot like Chapter 1). I won't be doing any retros related to this particular skip, so I suggest treating it as part of a backstory (along with previous events) and asking questions. I'll answer what I can and get back to you on the rest. For those going, any characters without writers will be handled on a case by case basis, but mostly just moved out of the way. Killing them isn't the default option, right now. If you'd prefer that or something else for your character, please specify ASAP (either in this thread or on Discord), because I'll be dealing with that in the TS summary once I get started on it.

What's happening to the plot: By this point, Freyya will have finished her own gate system, and instant travel between Weyland's Estate, Rusoyev Manor, and Kurosaki Inn will be established. The Valcyn and Sanctuary teams will also be dissolved since this will be a war effort now and not a scramble to warn the nations. Some of my PCs will be taking on NPC roles to help change the plot's focus to smaller/more local parts of the Fallen Incursion. They may help out occasionally if the RP gets some momentum going again, but characters like Amon and Raquel are mostly going to be handing out plot tickets starting out. There won't be anymore changes to the combat system until after the first battle. Up to date builds will still be legal.

I'll post more information as I settle on some things, but that should do it for now. If you're staying, thank you kindly. If you're going, please get back to me on your character preferences. If you're new, please sit tight. More info's coming.