So Why Is Micaiah So Hated?

Randoman

Keep in mind that I've never actually played Radiant Dawn before, so you may need to mention some examples from the story.

So why is Micaiah's personality hated so much? I mean, she's probably the most hated lord out there and it's usually for opposite reasons. Around 65% of people accuse her of being a Mary Sue while the other 35% accuse her of being inhuman and a hypocrite in her ways of obtaining peace.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mary Sueness and bad for uneffecient play. That is all.

As for the examples...I don't really want to spoil you, but-

Micaiah seems to be over-praised and the actions she takes aren't the smartest out comes. Some even come to believe that her apparance and backstory make her more of a Mary Sue, which gives her even more hate.

And by "being bad for uneffecient play", I meant she is heavily underrated because of her crappy durability and bad Spd issues, which also add up to her durability issues, since she will be getting 1RKO'd AND doubled alot.

Edited by Soul

Her personality can best be summarized like so:

"I love my homeland of Daein and am willing to do anything to keep it safe. This includes trusting Izuka, following Pelleas's order to massacre laguz without questioning his motives, and attempting to murder the EMPRESS OF BEGNION!!"

Oh, and her followers will fanatically attest to her sainthood. :/

Well, that specifies one of my points. Although, to sum it up, it's her Mary Sueness and her poor being as a combat unit.

Nobody likes a perfect character, apparently. Even though Micaiah isn't. Apparently IS aimed for her to be that, but it seemed their plan backfired.

The MAIN reason that Micaiah is hated by practically every competent player is because she has a LOT of Mary Sue tendencies. While it's not uncommon for FE lords to exhibit Mary Sue/Gary Stu tendencies, IS went way too far with Micaiah. She can also be described as a complete hypocrite.

Here are some blatant examples of why her personality is bad(props to Timbjerr for pointing this stuff out).

"She is a patriotic citizen of Daein, and will do anything to keep it safe. Unfortunately, this 'anything' includes, but is not limited too, trusting Izuka(who as we find out in Pt3-4 is a double agent for Lekain as well as being the cause for the distress of many sub-humans in PoR.), following Pelleas' orders to massacre sub-humans without questioning his motives(which is ironic considering her heredity)and trying to kill the empress of Begnion(who happens to be her long lost sister, as we found out in Pt4)with boiling oil."

Oh, and her followers will fanatically attest to her sainthood. :/

I edited it a bit, but it gives you an idea on how fucked up she is.

Also, I really don't like her as a unit. For one, she has some of the shittiest durability in the Dawn Brigade(lol15HP/2Def with 40/20 growths). Not only that, her mediocre speed means she is prone to getting doubled. In other words, she is ORKO'd by everything that doesn't use magic. Now this wouldn't be so much of a damn problem if her offense was above average(which it is against ponies and tin cans, thanks to Thani), but no. Tin cans and ponies do not make up most of the enemy force. Most of the enemies are made up of things that she's 3RKOing unless she's either insanely speed blessed or insanely overleveled(or both), then you have to make walls to protect her, which is a problem because half your army is dying in 2 hits(the only guys who get 3HKO'd or better are Nolan, Aran, Sothe, Zihark, and Volug), not counting the uberclutches. So basically, she just sucks and her only redeeming property is that she gets staves upon promotion, which puts her above utter shit like Leonardo and Meg.

List of characters that are better than Miccy Sue(based off a casual HM play):

-Edward

-Nolan

-Sothe

-Volug

-Zihark

-Jill

-Anything that is an uberclutch

The use of staves actually makes her better than Edward. Edward will usually help you up to 1-5. After that, it's bench time. Micaiah helps you from Part 3 up to Endgame, once she gets staves. She's pretty useful, even for a casual HM run.

I can't say i'm all that fond about Micaiah. As a unit she is ok, she can heal and thany bombing is usefull in part 1. I only wished she was just a tad faster.

Most of my complains are about her personality. During part 1 she is just annoyingly good and pure and She derailed sothe's personality by making him some Knight Templar Big Brother. I actually liked her a bit more in part 3 where she was shown making a disgusting but effective tactic showing that she could do terrible things too.

In part 4 I liked her even less then in part 1 since I felt that the reveal in the end was horribly executed and was never explained how she survived as a child and how she ended up with some old lady.

Keep in mind that I've never actually played Radiant Dawn before, so you may need to mention some examples from the story.

So why is Micaiah's personality hated so much? I mean, she's probably the most hated lord out there and it's usually for opposite reasons. Around 65% of people accuse her of being a Mary Sue while the other 35% accuse her of being inhuman and a hypocrite in her ways of obtaining peace.

Some people do both.

"She is a patriotic citizen of Daein, and will do anything to keep it safe. Unfortunately, this 'anything' includes, but is not limited too, trusting Izuka(who as we find out in Pt3-4 is a double agent for Lekain as well as being the cause for the distress of many sub-humans in PoR.), following Pelleas' orders to massacre sub-humans without questioning his motives(which is ironic considering her heredity)and trying to kill the empress of Begnion(who happens to be her long lost sister, as we found out in Pt4)with boiling oil."

Where is it shown that Micaiah trusts Izuka? She realises that Pelleas has a lot of respect for Izuka... and she thinks that Pelleas is a good person, so it's natural that she should be inclined to give Izuka the benefit of the doubt, especially when he appears to be trying to help them (even if his choice in tactics is abhorrent). She couldn't have known he was working for Lekain and Sephiran, or the monstrosities he committed in PoR (which weren't widely known even in Daein). She says herself that she doesn't like following the orders of Pelleas in Part 3, but she feels she has a duty to him as general to carry out his wishes and doesn't want to cause unrest in Daein. Yes, she tries to kill Sanaki. Micaiah has to make tough moral decisions, something no other Lord in FE ever has to do. She admits herself that she doesn't care if she has to do monstrous things if it means protecting Daein. For that reason, I don't think she's a Mary Sue. Mary Sues are supposed to be perfect and favoured at every opportunity, but Micaiah has to make difficult moral decisions and do terrible things to save her country.

The MAIN reason that Micaiah is hated by practically every competent player is because she has a LOT of Mary Sue tendencies. While it's not uncommon for FE lords to exhibit Mary Sue/Gary Stu tendencies, IS went way too far with Micaiah. She can also be described as a complete hypocrite.

I like to flatter myself that I'm competent, and I don't hate Micaiah. In fact, I wouldn't say I hate anyone in this game. Well, maybe Sothe and Ilyana and Kyza.

Also, I really don't like her as a unit. For one, she has some of the shittiest durability in the Dawn Brigade(lol15HP/2Def with 40/20 growths). Not only that, her mediocre speed means she is prone to getting doubled. In other words, she is ORKO'd by everything that doesn't use magic. Now this wouldn't be so much of a damn problem if her offense was above average(which it is against ponies and tin cans, thanks to Thani), but no. Tin cans and ponies do not make up most of the enemy force. Most of the enemies are made up of things that she's 3RKOing unless she's either insanely speed blessed or insanely overleveled(or both), then you have to make walls to protect her, which is a problem because half your army is dying in 2 hits(the only guys who get 3HKO'd or better are Nolan, Aran, Sothe, Zihark, and Volug), not counting the uberclutches. So basically, she just sucks and her only redeeming property is that she gets staves upon promotion, which puts her above utter shit like Leonardo and Meg.

Actually, Micaiah generally 2HKOs. At level 5, she has 18 attack. This 2HKOes Fighters, Archers, and Myrmidons in 1-5. Throw in her Sothe support and she gets Soldiers as well. And that's when she's underlevelled. Or take 1-7, putting her at level 10. She has 22attack, so she 2HKOes everything except mages, which even she can get with Sothe (who also allows her to OHKO Armours). Sure, her durability is bad, but don't talk about her offense when you clearly don't know how good it is.

At least she has breasts and body.

If that's the only thing Micaiah has going for her, there are several characters that do even that better. Lucia, Heather, Mia, Lethe, and Elincia immediately come to mind. XD

At least she has breasts and body.

I'm sorry but, I have to say f*ck you for even thinking that (that she is just a pretty figure). I mean, she does have a beautiful body, but her breast are really small.

Micaiah's the curviest for her size. But I'm probably biased because she's near my age

No, she isn't. And she is close to twice your age.

Edited by Soul

Where is it shown that Micaiah trusts Izuka? She realises that Pelleas has a lot of respect for Izuka... and she thinks that Pelleas is a good person, so it's natural that she should be inclined to give Izuka the benefit of the doubt, especially when he appears to be trying to help them (even if his choice in tactics is abhorrent). She couldn't have known he was working for Lekain and Sephiran, or the monstrosities he committed in PoR (which weren't widely known even in Daein). She says herself that she doesn't like following the orders of Pelleas in Part 3, but she feels she has a duty to him as general to carry out his wishes and doesn't want to cause unrest in Daein. Yes, she tries to kill Sanaki. Micaiah has to make tough moral decisions, something no other Lord in FE ever has to do. She admits herself that she doesn't care if she has to do monstrous things if it means protecting Daein. For that reason, I don't think she's a Mary Sue. Mary Sues are supposed to be perfect and favoured at every opportunity, but Micaiah has to make difficult moral decisions and do terrible things to save her country.

No, there's Marth. He has to make plenty of difficult decisions as well, such as the decoy, disobeying Lang's orders even though he knew what that would to to Altea, and considering killing the sisters instead of letting their loved ones talk to them in Book 2. Besides which, Micaiah's logic sometimes seems somewhat faulty; had she never considered that had Ike not beaten Ashnard, the world, let alone her beloved Daein, would no longer exist?

Edited by Pet Pikachu

No, there's Marth. He has to make plenty of difficult decisions as well, such as the decoy, disobeying Lang's orders even though he knew what that would to to Altea, and considering killing the sisters instead of letting their loved ones talk to them in Book 2. Besides which, Micaiah's logic sometimes seems somewhat faulty; had she never considered that had Ike not beaten Ashnard, the world, let alone her beloved Daein, would no longer exist?

What makes you think that Micaiah knows about Ashnard's plans? Or about Lehran's Medallion? Or any of that? And in any case, why does it matter? For all the good he might have done, he also left Daein under the control of Begnion who ravage it mercilessly.

And Micaiah doesn't hate Ike either. She's just tired of Sothe talking about him.

Micaiah

Sothe, sometimes, every other thing you say is like an ode to Ike. I know you fought beside him. I know you owe him your life. And I know you want to be just like him... But to the people of Daein, he's the man who crushed us three years ago. Some would even call him our archenemy. If we hadn't lost the war to that man, Daein wouldn't be in the mess it's in now. You know that.

I'm sorry but, I have to say f*ck you for even thinking that (that she is just a pretty figure). I mean, she does have a beautiful body, but her breast are really small.

She's a videogame, character, man. chillax.

No, she isn't. And she is close to twice your age.

She's HOW old?

Basically this. While guys like Ike are pretty Stuish in their own right, Micaiah takes it to levels im not comfortable with. A lot of what goes on in Part 4 and Endgame really gets my blood boiling about her. No one (save Soren but only if you attack her with him) calls her out on her shit! Wtf! If i were on any side of that war, id be shitstorming about her! One line that bothered me the most was "No one questions your gift, Micaiah..." I cant remember who said that off the top of my head but i think it was a guy on the opposing team for most of the game. (I think it was Skrimir actually...) WTeverlivingF??

As a unit shes ok but not great. Shes useful as a healbot and a Glass Cannon but yeah, id like her much more as a unit if she had better speed.

I think people hate her because she's more of a backlines fighter, and she's rather weak defensively. Some also can't stand her but imo the hate has to do with her durability. I think she's one of the better characters of this game.

No mention of her very late 3rd tier Promotion?

Nope. She's almost as good with her staves before that promo as she is after, so I don't really care much about that. It's only a 2 magic difference, so 1 range.

Well, I hate her for it...

Lol, that's it? I had her pwn shite in freaking NM. I imagine enemies are even more crap there. I don't see why you can't give her Resolve and actually have her double AND 1RKO. inb4"Others use it best". Yes, others do. But then again, you are playing Loleasy, they don't need it.

Edited by Soul