Best/Most Recommended SNES/GBA/NDS-Hacks?

Bas

Hi! I tried to import FE 7 savegames to VBA in order to save them as .sav so I can use them with my flashcard. However, I get this error:

Cannot import snapshot for FIREEMBLEME AE7E. Current game is FIREEMBLEMX AE7X.

I tried two different savegames.

I have the European ROM, the savegame might be from the US version...does anyone knows a savegame with all supports for FE 7?

Check file names, and not all savestates are compatible, you have to use the same ROM as the save game was originally taken from, can't use EU ROM in conjunction with (U) ROM, it's up to you to make sure you're using the right saves.

You can find savestates (including one with all music, supports, modes, etc.) unlocked here. The .sgm file will probably be the easiest to use (name it the same thing as the ROM, but with a '1' and the '.sgm' extension, the press "F1" on your keyboard while the ROM is loaded in VBA, and it should load the savestate. Then a save file [.sav] should be created with everything complete as well, and that can be copied to the 'gamerts' folder in the Supercard DS2 to transfer the save).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, it is me again!

Which ROM & language version do I need for the following:

- Shining Armor

- Tales of the Emblem

- Crypt 1.4

- Tactics Universe

I am also looking for an EU/German savegame for FE 8 the sacred stones with 100% supports.

Edited by Bas

Well, I don't know, I just checked my downloaded files.

What is the difference between the normal and the DS version of tactics universe? Do I need to use the DS one if I am playing with an GBA emulator at my flashcard?

Link and rom version for elibian night?

Edited by Bas

^^I'm sorry man but you gotta try and look harder, the Elibian Nights topic is in this forum... and if you read the topic, it'll say it's a hack of Fire Emblem 7. >_>

Also there's a file called "Version Info" that specifically explains the difference between the DS and normal patches of TU (although Salmon explained it above again...).

• 3 months later...

What was that hack called which acts like a conjunction between FE 6 and FE 7? Something with "* nights"

Also, have there been any major improvements in the last three months for the hacks? Because if so I need to re-download them, eh. :P

Genealogy of Narga has been updated rather continously, Super Thracia was released, links to TS FE4 and FE5 were given (think like the Remodeling patch, but harder), Genealogy of Neir, Dain, and Tordo get bumps now and then as well.

SuperCardTWO should emulate the SNES pretty fine now with their hardware.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=21305&st=1000

Elibean Nights, or whatever it's called, in that link.

There's also been some cool Spanish, French, and German hacks going around, but no one here probably has seen them :/

There's a few different versions of the FE7 ROM floating around, four, if I remember correctly. Which one to patch matters, and should be stated, when giving an answer.

I'm going to assume the (U) version, considering the author/fanbase here.