Playing efficient with my Team PT

I'm doing a playthrough, not maximum efficiency but i'll play as most efficient as I can with the team I picked ^_^. I do have transfers but theyre not all meant to be used for this PT only, thats why I have so many transfers :). I'm also recording videos and putting them on youtube ^_^.

Turn count:

1-P 7 turns

1-1 6 turns

1-2 7 turns

1-3 6 turns

1-4 6 turns

1-5 6 turns

1-6 8 turns (total 6/2)

1-7 5 turns

1-8 4 turns

1-9 8 turns

1-E 10 turns

Total: 73 turns

2-P 8/9turns

2-1 7 turns

2-2 5 turns

2-3 5 turns

2-E 4 turns

Total: 30 turns

3-P 7 turns

3-1 5 turns

3-2 3 turns

3-3 6 turns

[spoiler=List of Transfers]Rhys: mag, skl, res

Tormod: str, mag

Astrid: str, skl, spd

Nephenee: str, skl, spd, def

Marcia: strl, skl, spd

Ilyana: mag, skl, spd, res

Mist: str, mag, spd, res

Titania: str, skl, spd

Gatrie: hp, strl, skl, spd

Mia: str, spd

Reyson: skl

Boyd: Hp, str, spd

Haar: Hp, skl

Oscar: str, spd

Elincia: mag

Zihark: spd

Callil: spd

Tanith: skl, spd

Jill: skl, spd, def

Soren: mag, spd, res

Ike: spd

poor Geoffrey didn't cap a thing :(

Sothe has transfers too

I'll use these people for Endgame:

*Ike

*Micaiah

*Sothe

*Sanaki

*Ena

*Kurth

*Rafiel

-Edward

-Jill

-Fiona

-Astrid

-Elincia

-Tibarn

-Nailah

-Caineghis

-Not Sure ^^'

-Not Sure ^^'

for the last two it'll probably be someone like Giffa or Haar, whoever is not difficult to raise.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm. I'm assuming for SS weapons you'll have

Ike - Ragnell (obviously)

Micaiah - Rexaura

Sothe - Baselard

Sanaki - Rexflame

Edward - Alondite/VK

Jill - Urvan

Fiona - Wishblade

Astrid - Double Bow

Maybe you could add Zihark as the third SS sword user and Ilyana for Rexbolt as your last two. I know Ilyana isn't the best unit, but you like using low tier units and Rexbolt's pretty darn handy in 4-E-3.

And yeah, I'd like to know how it's possible to use units like Fiona and Astrid and play efficiently. Making them usable requires massive babying and the payoff isn't that great.

Edited by El Rey León

Why not just bench Fiona? She literally hurts your team. I got her to lvl 20 by 1-E in my current HM playthrough. And it really cost me around nine or ten turns to feed her tons of kills. She NEEDS all the statboosters (aside Goddess Icons) you get in Part 1, and a Max Mt/Hit forge. She's awful. :(

I feel like doing one more (Hard mode) and I feel like it should be the last efficient playthrough for me :). I've done one but I accidentally erased it, I tried a few times before that one but they were either not efficient at all or didn't work out so I don't count them. So I want to try one more time :). For this one I want to play efficient turn count but not necessarily the best team or expected team, as you can tell i'm including a bunch of my favorites ^_^.

For endgame I plan to use:

Forced: Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Sanaki, Ena, Kurth, Rafiel

Optional: Edward, Jill, Fiona, Astrid, Elincia, Tibarn, Nailah, Caineghis, and idk who to bring for the last two options.

I'm probably shooting myself in the foot with 3 of the DB units especially Fiona, but I want to challenge it. The Royals are pretty much there to 2 turn 4-E-5. I will use transfers. As for Fiona idk how i'm going to do it but for sure Paragon seems like it'll help her out and maybe BEXP abuse.

As for the last two I was thinking of either using more Royals or using more of my favorites.

Edward is not a character you should 'plan to use'. I did not 'plan to use' Edward in my playthrough, I simply did so when his first few level ups were good. He continued to get good levels, so I continued to use him, and when Nolan turned out poorly, I decided to ditch Nolan in favour of Edward who was performing very well. You can hope that Edward will turn out good, but I really recommend that if his speed and strength lag, you ditch him without a second glance.

Astrid will almost certainly need transfers to be of any use. You'd probably also need them for Jill (Fiona is definitely going to need a Drop). Let's put it this way: Calill struggles to reach level 10 by 3-11, and this is Calill (T) I'm talking about. Astrid is going to be no higher than level 6 or 7, and at that kind of level she is just useless. Even with a max mt Steel Bow she's looking at 12 damage on Paladins and 5 damage to Generals, maybe 2HKOing Sages if she's lucky. So let's assume you really put in effort with feeding her kills with Blossom and get her to level 13 by Part 4. That puts her at 21 strength and 23 speed, which is still terrible. I'm sorry, I just can't see how you can pull off efficiency with her or Fiona. Any amount of effort you put in to them will simply not be repaid.

Edward is not a character you should 'plan to use'. I did not 'plan to use' Edward in my playthrough, I simply did so when his first few level ups were good.

I actually did the samae with Edward, and ended up not training Micaiah instead, which was my original plan. You see, you probably know this by now, but- In HM, you must limit yourself to train up to 3 DBs seriously. But characters like Nolan, Edward and Jill at least have avaibility to actually gain CEXP. While Fiona joins somewhat underleveled with awful stats. She's just not worth with all the turns she costs you.

I actually did the samae with Edward, and ended up not training Micaiah instead, which was my original plan. You see, you probably know this by now, but- In HM, you must limit yourself to train up to 3 DBs seriously. But characters like Nolan, Edward and Jill at least have avaibility to actually gain CEXP. While Fiona joins somewhat underleveled with awful stats. She's just not worth with all the turns she costs you.

I don't think that training three characters is realistic, I have to say. The exception is if one of them is Jill (T). Not only can she afford to take the early promotion but she can gain CEXP in ways that are not normally open to your 1st tier scrubs, such as slaughtering stuff on the LHS of 1-6-1 and 1-6-2, or taking kills in 1-E. If one of them is Micaiah, or even worse, Fiona? You would have to slow down, maybe a lot.

Edited by Mr. Know-it-all-Anouleth

Is that for Astrid(T) :o thats quite scary 23 speed in Part 4 is definitely going to slow me down.

Yep. You can probably slow down and get her more levels in late Part 3, but even if she reaches level 17 and promotes... that's 27 speed, which is okay enough on Silver Army or Hawk something but obviously she can't go there because of the horse. And getting to 30 speed in time for late Part 4?. Just too many levels she needs to gain even if her growths are good with Blossom. I'll tell you this much, even someone capable and mobile and not bow-locked like Tanith (T) only gained two and a half levels in 3-11 over five turns with Paragon. Level gain is just so slow in HM. I don't know, maybe there's something I'm missing, but short of throwing stat boosters on her I don't know what you can do. Probably Drop + Wing, so she has more like 26STR/28SPD. Still has cruddy durability though. About 44HP/19DEF if I'm right?]

You can try if you want, I mean, I've never tried her outside of Easy Mode, but on paper she's unsalvagable.

Very well then. If you are using Jill and Edward, simply don't bother with Fiona.

I don't think that training three characters is realistic, I have to say. The exception is if one of them is Jill (T). Not only can she afford to take the early promotion but she can gain CEXP in ways that are not normally open to your 1st tier scrubs, such as slaughtering stuff on the LHS of 1-6-1 and 1-6-2, or taking kills in 1-E. If one of them is Micaiah, or even worse, Fiona? You would have to slow down, maybe a lot.

I never really had to slow down when it came to getting Micaiah to lvl 20 with the exception of Ch 9. Instead of taking the 8-turn route, I took the 12-turn one, simply to feed her kills while she had Paragon on.

One question: How can you use units such as Fiona and Astrid whilst still playing efficiently at the same time?

Why do people always think "efficient" means you can't use whoever the hell you want to. Fiona and Astrid will hurt overall efficiency while used as combatants efficiently (or rather, using them as combatants is slower than not using them at all). That's why they're bottom tier. That doesn't mean that they can't be used as combatants efficiently.

Use Ilyana and Mordecai :awesome:

For Fiona i'd save all the stat boosters as someone said in this topic. And i'd probably give her an Iron (is steel possible?) forge with a good coin Mt bonus (if you can get it).

That'd would probably allow her to do something during her first few chapters.

I'm now convinced that no one in this thread has a clue of the meaning of "efficiency."

using least amount of effort to finish it.

If picking Fiona and Astrid makes this already inefficient then there is nothing I can say other than I want to play this game without slowing down for anybody, turn count wise.

Poor dondon, losing his sanity each topic with efficiency in it. :newyears:

Don't worry, in the end... it's all about definition. One side's easy to define, the other not so much.

Anyway, for non-starters, unless it's Volug you're likely going to choose 2 Dawn Brigade units. While of course my recommendations go toward Nolan and Jill, you might be able to slide a bit with Zihark. The issue is him leveling without Paragon or Beastfoe, which Jill and Nolan also need (not saying he can't get it either). Not sure on the best viewpoint for Aran. Hm.

Mordecai is fine with Resolve at least, so you're set there. Geoffrey never lasts. I guess you could try to do Marcia (T) and maybe Kieran (T).

using least amount of effort to finish it.

Or "Beating the game the safiest, fastest and most unpainful way possible". Maybe you could go along with the "Casual effeciency", rather than the "Maximum effeciency" here, like I stated in my topic title and opening post.

Can't you just look at it as "being as efficient as possible with a specific team"?

So it's not the best team possible, that doesn't mean you can't try to be efficient within the context of a team.

I'm now convinced that no one in this thread has a clue of the meaning of "efficiency."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/efficiency

The primary objective of this playthrough isn't to strictly maximize efficiency. TC just wants to play a FE10 HM run with some of her favorite characters and she wants to do it efficiently. Simple as that.

Now, about the topic itself, I'm actually glad to see Astrid up there since I rarely see people use her in HM runs. As for your other two characters, I want to suggest Nolan and Zihark, but I'm not if it's wise to attempt to train so many Dawn Brigade characters. Ilyana seems like a good option though, because of Rexbolt and because I like her

Looking through that list again, I think you should use either Haar, Gatrie, or Nephenee, because I don't think it's a good idea to go through all the Greil Mercenaries chapters and then end up benching each and every single character you used except for Ike during Endgame.

Edited by Kiku-Ichimonji

The primary objective of this playthrough isn't to strictly maximize efficiency. TC just wants to play a FE10 HM run with some of her favorite characters and she wants to do it efficiently. Simple as that.

Reconciling Fiona, Astrid and efficiency is easier said than done.