Playing efficient with my Team PT

Reconciling Fiona, Astrid and efficiency is easier said than done.

Well lets put it this way, she's testing the ability of Fiona and Astrid to accomplish a job with a minimum expenditure of time and effort

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to make a separate thread so I'll just put the pt here :) I'm editing the first post.

Ok I got 3 chapters done today yes!

Chapter 1-P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1p8VDKBKpA

Unit    Lvl   HP ST MG SK SP LK DF RS  Support

Micaiah  1.30 15 2  7  8  7  10 2  4  A Sothe
Eddie    6.13 21 9  0  13 13 9  6  0   
Leo      4.12 17 8  0  12 10 6  5  4  

7 turns

I gave as much CEXP to Eddie ^_^ and had Micaiah sacrifice for him so he could confront the boss and on the 7th turn Leo weakened the boss furthermore for Eddie to grab the kill. Just wanted to say I had 5 turned this one before but Eddie dodged everything after turn 2, I forgot to save it though and on the next map I got a game over so I restarted the whole thing. Oh yes he landed a lot of criticals too without being in wrath mode, so its more of a lucky thing.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Chapter 1-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP0e1N-GFQc

Micaiah  2.33 15 2  8  8  7  11 2  5  A Sothe
Eddie    7.41 22 9  0 14 14 9  6  0   
Leo      4.25 17 8  0 12 10 6  5  4  
Nolan    9.59 29 12 0 11 10 7  9  3                              

6 turns

Nolan and Eddie behave as walls, Leo gets the hand axe and chips Micaiah kills an enemy here and there. I risked Nolan with the hand axe fighter but luckily he dodged, for some reason I had though I fed the Dracoshield to Nolan so I had him attack but then I realized I hadn't thankfully Nolan dodged. Eddie got the boss kill again :).

Howcome it doesn't let me put two videos in one post?

Chapter 1-2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D5jaPkstNc

Unit    Lvl    HP  ST MG SK SP LK DF RS   Support

Micaiah   3.07 15  2  9  8   8  12  2  6  A Sothe 
Eddie     8.24 22 10  0 15  14  9  7  1   
Leo       4.31 17  8  0 12  10  6  5  4  
Nolan    10.23 30 13  0 12  10  8 10  3 
Sothe     1.29 37 20  7 20  20 23 19  10  A Micaiah
Laura     1.33 16  3  8  3   5  8  2 10                      

7 turns

I could of finished in 6 turns but I decided to give Nolan a chance to kill the boss because he was dealing 10 damage to him so by turn 7 the boss would be dead. At least I got the steel bow ^_^. Eddie, Nolan, and Sothe were my main walls and Eddie in wrath mode made it possible to get the wind edge and Thani in 6 turns. I also took advantage of Micaiah's sacrifice :).

This the last one for today ^_^

Edited by Queen_Elincia

I don't want to make a separate thread so I'll just put the pt here :) I'm editing the first post.

Ok I got 3 chapters done today yes!

Cool! That's quite fast for Hard Mode.

Chapter 1-P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1p8VDKBKpA

Micaiah  1.30 15 2  7  8  7  10 2  4  A Sothe
Eddie    6.13 21 9  0  13 13 9  6  0   
Leo      4.12 17 8  0  12 10 6  5  4  

7 turns

Edward getting to Level 6 so fast seems to be quite an achievement. And his stats seem pretty good too. Higher than averages.

I gave as much CEXP to Eddie ^_^ and had Micaiah sacrifice for him so he could confront the boss and on the 7th turn Leo weakened the boss furthermore for Eddie to grab the kill. Just wanted to say I had 5 turned this one before but Eddie dodged everything after turn 2, I forgot to save it though and on the next map I got a game over so I restarted the whole thing. Oh yes he landed a lot of criticals too without being in wrath mode, so its more of a lucky thing.

You may not have saved that file but did you at least record the video for it?

Chapter 1-1

Micaiah  2.33 15 2  8  8  7  11 2  5  A Sothe
Eddie    7.41 22 9  0 14 14 9  6  0   
Leo      4.25 17 8  0 12 10 6  5  4  
Nolan    9.59 29 12 0 11 10 7  9  3                              

6 turns

Yay, Micaiah got a level up! And Eddie is looking really nice with those stats there. Considering Nolan's odd EXP value, I'm guessing you already took out the Paragon?

Nolan and Eddie behave as walls, Leo gets the hand axe and chips Micaiah kills an enemy here and there. I risked Nolan with the hand axe fighter but luckily he dodged, for some reason I had though I fed the Dracoshield to Nolan so I had him attack but then I realized I hadn't thankfully Nolan dodged. Eddie got the boss kill again :).

I never thought I'd ever hear of Eddie behaving as a wall. I'm guessing you meant that Nolan got the Hand Axe, not Leo. You probably gave Nolan those DragonShields in your previous runs, which is why you didn't realize the danger until after he attacked (you noticed it when you saw the numbers, right?). If Edward can keep killing bosses like this, he shouldn't have much trouble catching up in Part 4.

Howcome it doesn't let me put two videos in one post?

"Sorry, but you have posted more media files than you are allowed to" Apparently, you're only allowed to post two media files per post. And even if you don't use the media tag, the youtube links automatically generates the media tags and causes the same problem. I guess you'll have to use separate posts or use the code tag.

Chapter 1-2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D5jaPkstNc

Unit    Lvl    HP  ST MG SK SP LK DF RS   Support

Micaiah   3.07 15  2  9  8   8  12  2  6  A Sothe 
Eddie     8.24 22 10  0 15  14  9  7  1   
Leo       4.31 17  8  0 12  10  6  5  4  
Nolan    10.23 30 13  0 12  10  8 10  3 
Sothe     1.29 37 20  7 20  20 23 19  10  A Micaiah
Laura     1.33 16  3  8  3   5  8  2 10                      

7 turns

EDWARD GAINED STRENGTH!!! :newyears: He's off to a really great start here. His only stat below his average is Luck, which he should catch up to later. That Sothe also looks good. I don't think he gets that strong in PoR averages. I'm worried about Micaiah's Speed though...

I could of finished in 6 turns but I decided to give Nolan a chance to kill the boss because he was dealing 10 damage to him so by turn 7 the boss would be dead. At least I got the steel bow ^_^. Eddie, Nolan, and Sothe were my main walls and Eddie in wrath mode made it possible to get the wind edge and Thani in 6 turns. I also took advantage of Micaiah's sacrifice :).

This the last one for today ^_^

Nice! Did you at least get the Energy Drop though? Fiona might want that soon...

Cool! That's quite fast for Hard Mode.

No offense, but how would you even know? Once you play HM, getting through chapters is very easy.

Edward getting to Level 6 so fast seems to be quite an achievement. And his stats seem pretty good too. Higher than averages.

I'm worried about Micaiah's Speed though...

There's nothing to worry about if she isn't supposed to be fighting alot. If she does, she does it from range.

Oh yeah, this is a great start for Edward. :awesome:

Chapter 1-3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6uV6FcxmYU

6 turns

333 BEXP

Unit    Lvl    HP ST MG SK SP LK DF RS   Support

Micaiah   4.07 15  2  9  8  8 12  3  7  A Sothe
Eddie     8.66 22 10  0 15 14  9  7  1   
Leo       4.-- 17  8  0 12 10  6  5  4    
Nolan    10.53 30 13  0 12 10  8 10  3 
Sothe     1.57 37 20  7 20 20 23 19  10  A Micaiah
Laura     1.77 16  3  8  3  5  8  2 10    
Ilyana   12.78 22  6 14 14 15  6  3 11
Aran      7.71 24 10  0 12 10  6 11  2            

Aran hates me in this chapter I had to restart 3 times this chapter and two of them was caused by him getting crit-killed, the other was because I misplaced Leonardo. Talking about Leonardo I got lucky he dodged on that last turn :blink:, since I had misplaced him. Ilyana(T) behaved as bait for two turns clearing the soldiers and causing the knight to self heal, which made it possible to recruit Aran on turn 3 ^_^. Controlling where Kurth and Aimee go is really beneficial in this chapter, poor Aimee didn't survive like she did on my first time trying it. It also sucks because on my previous restart I had Micaiah weaken the boss for Edward, she dodged and Edward got a perfect level up! :( Oh well this time I didn't want to risk Micaiah so I just gave her the boss kill. Beside the boss I also fed Micaiah an archer Eddie had weakened for her. Eddie and Micaiah escaped.

@ Kiku-Ichimonji no I recorded over it :( but I don't mind trying to see if I catch it again ^_^ and yes I got the energy ring :). BTW Edward did behave as a wall for a turn or two ^^' at least I think he was? Guarding both Leo and Micaiah is being a wall isn't it?

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Chapter 1-3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6uV6FcxmYU

6 turns

333 BEXP

Micaiah   4.07 15  2  9  8  8 12  3  7  A Sothe
Eddie     8.66 22 10  0 15 14  9  7  1   
Leo       4.-- 17  8  0 12 10  6  5  4    
Nolan    10.53 30 13  0 12 10  8 10  3 
Sothe     1.57 37 20  7 20 20 23 19  10  A Micaiah
Laura     1.77 16  3  8  3  5  8  2 10    
Ilyana   12.78 22  6 14 14 15  6  3 11
Aran      7.71 24 10  0 12 10  6 11  2            

That Micaiah doesn't look too good. And as Anouleth pointed out, Edward's Speed might be troublesome later. Also, your Ilyana must have been pretty amazing in PoR!

Aran hates me in this chapter I had to restart 3 times this chapter and two of them was caused by him getting crit-killed, the other was because I misplaced Leonardo. Talking about Leonardo I got lucky he dodged on that last turn :blink:, since I had misplaced him. Ilyana(T) behaved as bait for two turns clearing the soldiers and causing the knight to self heal, which made it possible to recruit Aran on turn 3 ^_^. Controlling where Kurth and Aimee go is really beneficial in this chapter, poor Aimee didn't survive like she did on my first time trying it. It also sucks because on my previous restart I had Micaiah weaken the boss for Edward, she dodged and Edward got a perfect level up! :( Oh well this time I didn't want to risk Micaiah so I just gave her the boss kill. Beside the boss I also fed Micaiah an archer Eddie had weakened for her. Eddie and Micaiah escaped.

Edward's perfect level up hopefully included some Speed. Too bad it's gone now. But eh, at least Micaiah got plenty of experience in your final attempt.

@ Kiku-Ichimonji no I recorded over it :( but I don't mind trying to see if I catch it again ^_^ and yes I got the energy ring :). BTW Edward did behave as a wall for a turn or two ^^' at least I think he was? Guarding both Leo and Micaiah is being a wall isn't it?

Nah, no point wasting your time with a chapter you're already done with. And yay for the Energy Ring! And yeah, I guess you could consider that a wall (although a more pemanent wall would be someone who takes little to no damage).

Also, you can continue calling me "Proto".

the more magic she gains the better ^_^

Chapter 1-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rbezc7ej38

6 turns

Funds: 5191

Sold: Steel Axe, Steel Bow, Thunder, Elthunder, Lightt, Door key, iron sword x2, steel sword

Forded: 11MT 100Hit Iron Axe (Fighter Axe), Iron sword 10MT(Pearl Sword), Thunder Forge 5MT 105Hit (Tron)

Bought: Beast Killer

558 BEXP

Leonardo-Nolan C support

Micaiah(wrath), Edward(Cancel)

Micaiah   5.61 16  2  9  9  8 13  4  8  A Sothe
Eddie     9.89 22 10  0 15 15  9  8  1   
Leo       4.78 17  8  0 12 10  6  5  4  C Nolan
Nolan    10.96 30 13  0 12 10  8 10  3  C Leonardo
Sothe     1.61 37 20  7 20 20 23 19 10  A Micaiah
Laura     2.32 16  3  8  4  6  9  2 10    
Ilyana   13.43 22  7 15 15 16  7  3 12
Aran      8.05 24 11  1 12 11  6 12  2            
Meg       3.15 21 10  1  7  8  8 10  5

Micaiah would of tied with Sothe in kills if she had landed a critical to one of the tigers because she was in wrath mode and then she would of gotten MVP :P I hate it when it shows up that he's MVP. Anyways Ilyana got a great growth :) 16 speed will be very useful for the next chapter. I decided to ditch Aran as my wall for turn 1 and instead used Meg, fortune works in her favor I hate having those annoying cats land criticals on Aran. Micaiah heals Meg after she attacked the tiger, and wrath Micaiah+Ilyana help carve the way to the seraph chest. Sothe used bronze dagger for a turn or two, Nolan killed the tiger with the chest key with a hand axe which was traded to Leo who then traded it to Aran who got the Seraph robe. Sothe stole the other chest key from the boss and equipped beast killer to clear all the tigers, Nolan traded the chest key off of him to open the chest and then trade the key to Leo who opened the last chest. Meg found the master seal, and unluckily the coin was not found. Sothe killed Agony and Eddie killed Pain ^_^.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

And as I pointed out earlier, Micaiah won't need to worry about her Spd. At all.

You mean she won't even fight at all later on?

the more magic she gains the better ^_^

Indeed

Chapter 1-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rbezc7ej38

6 turns

Funds: 5191

Sold: Steel Axe, Steel Bow, Thunder, Elthunder, Lightt, Door key, iron sword x2, steel sword

Forded: 11MT 100Hit Iron Axe (Fighter Axe), Iron sword 10MT(Pearl Sword), Thunder Forge 5MT 105Hit (Tron)

Bought: Beast Killer

558 BEXP

Leonardo-Nolan C support

Micaiah(wrath), Edward(Cancel)

Micaiah   5.61 16  2  9  9  8 13  4  8  A Sothe
Eddie    9. 89 22 10  0 15 15  9  8  1   
Leo       4.78 17  8  0 12 10  6  5  4  
Nolan    10.96 30 13  0 12 10  8 10  3 
Sothe     1.61 37 20  7 20 20 23 19 10  A Micaiah
Laura     2.32 16  3  8  4  6  9  2 10    
Ilyana   13.43 22  7 15 15 16  7  3 12
Aran      8.05 24 11  1 12 11  6 12  2            
Meg       3.15 21 10  1  7  8  8 10  5

YES, ARAN GAINED SPEED!!! And Ilyana got a reaaaaaaaaally nice level up over there. Also, I like the name Pearl Sword~

Micaiah would of tied with Sothe in kills if she had landed a critical to one of the tigers because she was in wrath mode and then she would of gotten MVP :P I hate it when it shows up that he's MVP. Anyways Ilyana got a great growth :) 16 speed will be very useful for the next chapter. I decided to ditch Aran as my wall for turn 1 and instead used Meg, fortune works in her favor I hate having those annoying cats land criticals on Aran. Micaiah heals Meg after she attacked the tiger, and wrath Micaiah+Ilyana help carve the way to the seraph chest. Sothe used bronze dagger for a turn or two, Nolan killed the tiger with the chest key with a hand axe which was traded to Leo who then traded it to Aran who got the Seraph robe. Sothe stole the other chest key from the boss and equipped beast killer to clear all the tigers, Nolan traded the chest key off of him to open the chest and then trade the key to Leo who opened the last chest. Meg found the master seal, and unluckily the coin was not found. Sothe killed Agony and Eddie killed Pain ^_^.

Yeah, I don't like it when Sothe or Titania become MVPs. It makes me feel I overused the tough guys and neglected the weaker units. And yeah, your Ilyana became really awesome! A lot of keys were passed around... I normally use Sothe for the chests since I don't want him to fight too much either. It's too bad about the coin though...

You mean she won't even fight at all later on?

Exactly. And even if she does fight, she is always suppose to attack from range. She'll never double. It doesn't make much of a difference if you train her or not, because she is bound to end up as a healer. In HM, you really have to limit yourself to how much characters you want to train at the DB. Usually, you can train just about two units seriously. And to train Micaiah here, you have to favorite alot of kills at her, and hinder from training earlygame people like Edward or Brolan.

Exactly. And even if she does fight, she is always suppose to attack from range. She'll never double. It doesn't make much of a difference if you train her or not, because she is bound to end up as a healer. In HM, you really have to limit yourself to how much characters you want to train at the DB. Usually, you can train just about two units seriously. And to train Micaiah here, you have to favorite alot of kills at her, and hinder from training earlygame people like Edward or Brolan.

I see... sorry about that, I just felt that it would be a good idea to train her, seeing how she's forced into Endgame (and with forced deployment too, unlike Sothe). I guess that's not feasible in Hard Mode.

[spoiler=List of Transfers]Rhys: mag, skl, res

Tormod: str, mag

Astrid: str, skl, spd

Nephenee: str, skl, spd, def

Marcia: strl, skl, spd

Ilyana: mag, skl, spd, res

Mist: str, mag, spd, res

Titania: str, skl, spd

Gatrie: hp, strl, skl, spd

Mia: str, spd

Reyson: skl

Boyd: Hp, str, spd

Haar: Hp, skl

Oscar: str, spd

Elincia: mag

Zihark: spd

Callil: spd

Tanith: skl, spd

Jill: skl, spd, def

Soren: mag, spd, res

Ike: spd

*cue jaw drop* How do you even get THAT many transfers??? I struggle just to get even half of the number of transferred characters you did.

Nice! Did you at least get the Energy Drop though? Fiona might want that soon...

Not to mention some Skill Books too since her Skill is terrible. Please, if you are going to use her, then better funnel her with some boonus exp to get her some Str and Skill for god sake.

Rexbolt helps a lot and I like the character.

It also makes probably the toughest chapter in the game 4-E3 much more manageable.

-----

And why use Eddie? His Res growth is terrible and you need alot of it for the Endgame chapters.

Edited by Princess_Priscilla

Looking through that list again, I think you should use either Haar, Gatrie, or Nephenee, because I don't think it's a good idea to go through all the Greil Mercenaries chapters and then end up benching each and every single character you used except for Ike during Endgame.

Funny thing is, for me, the only one of the Greil Mercenaries who goes to Endgame most of the time is... Mist.

I thought Pearl Sword sounded nice... And yeah, I think you should use Ilyana for Endgame. Rexbolt helps a lot and I like the character.

I second bringing Ilyana to endgame. Mainly because having Rexbolt makes taking a certain someone down a hell of a lot easier than it would be otherwise. However, this is coming from someone who doesn't bother using any of the laguz royals in endgame.

Yeah, with Thani, she should still be capable of killing Marshalls... if she had the Speed to double them, that is.

Yeah... Though knocking over half their health off is still nice. Especially those stinking Cover Generals that are no fun to deal with.

Edited by Malik Maxwell

I second bringing Ilyana to endgame. Mainly because having Rexbolt makes taking a certain someone down a hell of a lot easier than it would be otherwise. However, this is coming from someone who doesn't bother using any of the laguz royals in endgame.

Want to know something hilarious?

Ilyana with 39 mag (max), a +2 atk support, and a 36 MT Rexbolt does 31/100 HP damage to 100 HP, 46 res Dheginsea.

Base Caineghis with no supports and no Blood Tide does 32/100 HP damage to 100 HP, 50 def Dheginsea.

You need 61 atk before Blood Tide to surpass Ilyana's maximum damage. Shinon with max str and spd and Double Bow outdamages Ilyana with Blood Tide. Ike with max str and a blessed Wyrmslayer does 50/100 HP damage before Blood Tide. Base Giffca does 38/100 HP damage with Blood Tide.

So no, Ilyana does not make defeating Dheginsea any easier than it should normally be. In fact, Dheginsea's 75 atk leaves her with just 4 HP if she has maxed out HP and def and is standing on a cover tile. Ouch. Any form of prior damage and she's toast.

Edited by dondon151

Want to know something hilarious?

Ilyana with 39 mag (max), a +2 atk support, and a 36 MT Rexbolt does 31/100 HP damage to 100 HP, 46 res Dheginsea.

Base Caineghis with no supports and no Blood Tide does 32/100 HP damage to 100 HP, 50 res Dheginsea.

You need 61 atk before Blood Tide to surpass Ilyana's maximum damage. Shinon with max str and spd and Double Bow outdamages Ilyana with Blood Tide. Ike with max str and a blessed Wyrmslayer does 50/100 HP damage before Blood Tide. Base Giffca does 38/100 HP damage with Blood Tide.

So no, Ilyana does not make defeating Dheginsea any easier than it should normally be. In fact, Dheginsea's 75 atk leaves her with just 4 HP if she has maxed out HP and def and is standing on a cover tile. Ouch. Any form of prior damage and she's toast.

Well, maybe, but I still refuse to take laguz royals to endgame.

On the bold: I wouldn't dare use anyone to attack Dheg unless they were at full health, so I'm not really seeing what you're trying to say.

Edited by Malik Maxwell

On the bold: I wouldn't dare use anyone to attack Dheg unless they were at full health, so I'm not really seeing what you're trying to say.

Ilyana's durability in general. Let's review. HP Capping is likely. Def is questionable. Not to mention she also has to take a defense tile to even come close to staying alive...