• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

Your opinion on how Fates handled it's weapon system?

You are now a Tales character. Build a 4-arte movelist for neutral, up, side, and down special. You can also have 2 shortcuts~

tiramisu

I'd be some sort of mage or healer, might as well be OP

Neutral: Photon

Up: Nurse

Side: Meteor Storm

Down: Resurrection

SC1: Tidal Wave

SC2: Revitalize

Opinion on "Fire Emblem Mobile"

I think I heard about something like this being planned, but haven't heard much news. I like the idea of Fire Emblem on my phone, but hope it isn't littered with microtransactions.

Edited by Rezzy

Opinion about weapon weight in FE in general?

Your opinion on how Fates handled it's weapon system?

It's a fair deal to add a fixed debuff stat for heavier weapons. It doesn't disadvantage certain classes and females unlike in the GBA series. However it's kinda dumb to add locked 2 range weapons like spear or tomahawk. Also brave weapons are pointless. Way too inaccurate, weak and expensive.

Same question.

Opinion about weapon weight in FE in general?

I like it. I think it's a better way to have penalties for weapons than the stat debuffing system in Fates. I prefer fixed con or the FE1-4 "no buffer" system.

Expected this, so:

I like the no buffer system the most but it depends on the weight of the weapon types.

It's unbalanced in FE4 since axes and lances weigh much more than swords. Also fire is much heavier than wind and thunder for no reason.

In the GBA series I really hate the con system. It screws so many classes. In FE6 the tomes were pretty light at least unlike in the sequels. Lyon with 5 AS is the biggest FE joke I'm aware of.

The strength rule was a much fairer system at least for phyisal units since almost everyone could get the strength to use all weapons without AS penalty. However it nerfs mages in FE9 and especially in 11 since they don't have strength growth.

The stat debuffer in FE14 for heavy and range weapons screws slow and strong classes like fighters, but it's all in all a fair system to me.

Don't you find the con rule for the weapon weight an unfair system?

Opinion/impression of the Dead or Alive series?

Don't you find the con rule for the weapon weight an unfair system?

Not really. In theory, I find the idea that certain classes would be less affected by weapon weight to be very interesting. TBH, I've never really seen an FE character that was "bad" specifically or exclusively because they had low con.

I don't care for the strength system since for some units it makes weapon weight irrelevant after a while, while other units like Mages are forever cursed with low strength.

Do you enjoy living in Italy?

What are you going to play after SaGa Frontier 1?

This...is a kinda tough question, since SaGa Frontier is one of THE most fun games I've ever played. It'd be hard to find something else.

I did get back into Legend of Dragoon though, so probably that.

Do you concern yourself much with how you store the physical copies of your games?

Favorite RPG class (of all the rgps you've played)

Don't know that I especially have one.

Do you think rebooting the Tick as a cartoon would be a better thing than the Live Action series?

Do you prefer to play games on a handheld/mobile device or on a "big screen?"

Hmm, I like both, depending on the game. I suppose Big Screen, if I had to pick.

Do you think rebooting the Tick as a cartoon would be a better thing than the Live Action series

Yes. Cartoon all the way. Live Action completely missed the point of the Tick, and his brand of humor.

A reboot would be best in Cartoon form, as it was originally a Comic book... an absurdist one. That requires something cartoonish to translate properly.

---

Favorite Super Hero?

Edited by ErrantShepherd

Spider-Man is an excellent choice.

Marvel for me. I like DC... for their iconic characters... but overall Marvel tends to take more risks that pay off. DC is usually playing catch up. Also, Marvel in general tend to be more human/relatable characters over the godlike DC heroes.

---

Which Avenger would you be?