What You Want To Know About The Above Poster Most

Randoman

46 minutes ago, Gemma said:

Third party character that you want in Smash Switch?

Please... just stop.

I'm beyond sick of Sakurai focusing way too much on 3rd parties with his newest Smash character additions. I'm even more sick of how much Sakurai is ignoring the heavy requests for actual Nintendo characters like King K. Rool, Bandanna Dee, and many others. Smash Bros. is a game that's supposed to be about Nintendo characters fighting it out, and the fact that for DLC, the only newcomers he added (aside from Corrin, who was also a bad choice for FE overreping reasons) were guests and he just utterly shafted the most popular requests for actual Nintendo characters sickens me. I mean, he could've at least added one heavily requested Nintendo newcomer (Corrin wasn't one, especially since little to no one rallied or showed public support for him online) along with the 3 guests, but he didn't even make one DLC newcomer a highly requested Nintendo character that would cater to the purist Nintendo fans (Corrin is an exception for reasons I already mentioned) for a Nintendo based spinoffs. I'll admit, the Inkings are a good choice for a playable newcomer, but I honestly don't want to get my hopes up for more Nintendo newcomers showing up after seeing what Sakurai did with the newcomer character DLC. I don't really want to discuss it anymore, since most Smash discussions tend to get heated and out of hand. I avoid the Smash section of SF for that very reason.

...sorry for that. I'm not mad at you, since I know you're a good guy who's level-headed and doesn't mean any harm.

Anyways, my question for you: if you were to have one of your good friends on SF come to your city/town and visit you for a day, what would you plan to do? Gaming? Visiting your favourite restaurant? Showing them the beautiful sights of your city/town?

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

3 hours ago, Randoman said:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how comfortable are you with the idea of performing a solo song or dance in front of a huge audience? (10 being really comfortable, 1 being completely uncomfortable) What song/dance would you likely do, and how well do you think the audience would react?

1-4. As someone who suffers from Anxiety, I really hate the idea of that. As for the song/dance, I'd probably rather sing a Green Day song or something like that.

To put a spin on the question you were asked: Which heavily requested Nintendo character do you personally want in Smash for the Switch?

21 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

What made you pick out that username?

Henry having the same initial as my real name, while midfields a translation of my surname.

Your favorite meme from the entire FE series?

Edited by henrymidfields

7 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

Your favorite meme from the entire FE series?

I honestly don't care much for FE memes, so I don't have a favorite.

How did you get the idea of doing a WWII Pacific Theatre version of Conquest?

21 hours ago, IfIHadToPickADude said:

To put a spin on the question you were asked: Which heavily requested Nintendo character do you personally want in Smash for the Switch?

It's really hard to narrow it down to just one. My top picks are Toad (Mario series), King K. Rool (Donkey Kong series), Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle), and Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western series). With the former 3 becoming Mii costumes around 3 months after the Smash Ballot ended, I'd like to think that it was because those 3 were highly voted for in the ballot, and are heavy contenders in terms of being playable newcomers in a new Smash game. If I had to pick only one, I suppose it'd be Toad, since with his prevalence, importance, and long running history in the Mario franchise and with him being the only one of the Mario main 6 to not be playable in Smash, it practically feels wrong that Toad isn't playable in Smash yet. As for what'd replace Peach's standard special, they could easily have Toadsworth replace Toad if they're insistent on having Peach's standard special move mechanics stay the same.

So what Nintendo characters are you personally hoping will be playable in the Switch Smash Bros.?

Favorite character from your least favorite Fire Emblem game, and least favorite from your favorite Fire Emblem game?

On 3/8/2018 at 4:27 PM, IfIHadToPickADude said:

What is your favorite book?

Hmmm...............

To be fair, I tend to prefer series of books over individual ones, such as Percy Jackson or The 39 Clues. So I guess if I had to pick one specific book that is my favorite, it would likely be The Great Gatsby.

7 hours ago, IfIHadToPickADude said:

How did you get the idea of doing a WWII Pacific Theatre version of Conquest?

I noted that this seemed to be a battle between a Japanese vs Euro-American inspired nation. Also, I wanted to make a better Conquest story, so I thought, "Why not make a good Nohr, and an evil Hoshido?" Then I realised that, the the simple narrative could be essentially "Nohr the Arsenal of Democracy" vs "Hoshido the Empire of Dictatorship and Genocide". Ironic, considering that I'm Japanese haha.

Any consoles/handhelds where you only liked a few compatible entries (say up to 3-4 games) from?

On 3/8/2018 at 8:13 PM, Randoman said:

Anyways, my question for you: if you were to have one of your good friends on SF come to your city/town and visit you for a day, what would you plan to do? Gaming? Visiting your favourite restaurant? Showing them the beautiful sights of your city/town?

It would be so fun to take people to Galloping Ghost arcade~

Favorite Persona 4 social link?

On 3/10/2018 at 5:21 PM, Gemma said:

Favorite Persona 4 social link?

Aah, I haven't even ordered the game yet. But, I'm thinking about getting Naoto, Rise, and Yukiko in my three separate runs.

EDIT: I've got the game now. (19 March '18)

I'm going to ask you this as well: Any consoles/handhelds where you only liked a few compatible entries (say up to 3-4 games) from and wasn't interested in the rest? 

Edited by henrymidfields

20 hours ago, Randoman said:

So what Nintendo characters are you personally hoping will be playable in the Switch Smash Bros.?

Daisy. I don't care if she's just a Peach clone, we need Daisy. I also want Bandanna Dee as well.

What's your favorite RPG class?

What are your real life friends like, hobbies and personality-wise?

On 3/10/2018 at 3:45 PM, IfIHadToPickADude said:

Daisy. I don't care if she's just a Peach clone, we need Daisy. I also want Bandanna Dee as well.

I agree with both points, especially the former. Daisy is far more justifiable as a Smash roster slot than Dr. Mario and Dark Pit.

On 3/9/2018 at 6:35 PM, Rex Glacies said:

Favorite character from your least favorite Fire Emblem game, and least favorite from your favorite Fire Emblem game?

Chulainn would be my answer for the former question, since I find him to be pretty cool looks wise, and it's pretty impressive that's he so level-headed that he can bring out the best in Ayra, who's normally quite angry and hot headed.

Astram would by my answer for the latter question. I mean, , both him threatening Marth in FE11 and Astram blindly following Hardin's tyrannical actions in FE3/12 because "it's being loyal to Nyna" just makes me want to physically slap some sense into the guy. It really doesn't help that in FE3/12, you're essentially forced to run from Astram and his group for full recruitment purposes for multiple chapters.

2 minutes ago, Randoman said:

What are your real life friends like, hobbies and personality-wise?

I have two friends who play guitar, one is probably the chillest person you'd meet while the other is the most flamboyant person I know. Another plays D&D and is smart and pretty relaxed. And the one who I consider my best friend is on the Memelord Spectrum™ but not too far on it, and is a pretty nice dude. He also likes to play First Person Shooters like COD and Battlefield to name a few.

Which character do you like for the most obscure reason?

20 hours ago, IfIHadToPickADude said:

Which character do you like for the most obscure reason?

Oyazi from Wrecking Crew '98 comes to mind. I must've done 10-20 (maybe even more) playthroughs of Tournament Mode using him.

image.png.38c4ae7288f2d3eb3ba3eb728b95b0c3.png

He's probably the most obscure human character in the Mario universe, and he's a favourite of mine due to me finding it cool how they use the "Mario-like human figure" and essentially make a very original and fresh looking character with it. I mean, I have nothing against characters that are heavily inspired by Mario's look (like Luigi and Wario. I mean, Luigi is one of my most favourite characters in both the Mario series and gaming in general). I just think that Oyazi is a really nice balance of being "similar yet different" in terms of having a stature like Mario but having an outfit and hairstyle (both head and facial hair) that significantly differs from Mario.

I'm not sure if that's the kind of answer you were looking for, since that's more of an obscure character than an obscure reason. For my question for you, I'm going to ask the same question back at you, since I want to clarify the kind of response you were hoping for, and I can change my answer for this question if necessary.

3 hours ago, Randoman said:

I'm not sure if that's the kind of answer you were looking for, since that's more of an obscure character than an obscure reason. For my question for you, I'm going to ask the same question back at you, since I want to clarify the kind of response you were hoping for, and I can change my answer for this question if necessary.

I'll be honest, I had no idea what I was trying to ask with the question when I wrote it. So I'll answer like you did since I never even knew that character existed.

The Newspaper Club Girl from Persona 5. Y'know, that girl who's only a few feet away from your class room? The girl who's doing her best to keep the Newspaper Club together despite being the only member? Yeah, her. I honestly wanted her to be at least a Confidant, because I really liked her story better than some other characters'. And I'll be honest, other than Yusuke, she's one of the characters that I wish I could date.

What thing do you like that society seems to hate (ex. liking pineapple pizza)?

Who are some of your favourite ugly characters in fiction?

20 hours ago, IfIHadToPickADude said:

What thing do you like that society seems to hate (ex. liking pineapple pizza)?

I suppose the main one that comes to mind is watching bad movies because I find them really funny and amusing (eg: Ratatoing by Video Brinquedo, which is a rip-off of Ratatouille by Pixar).

What are some of your most and least favourite colours?

10 hours ago, Miracle-Flora said:

Are you random?

Currently, I guess I am, to an extent. Well, I'm definitely not as random as I used to be in the past, since people tended to get annoyed at me doing random things and I've toned it down as a result. I still do some random things like making that weirdness rating thread recently and participating in threads with random ideas like the alternate universe thread in Forum Games.

On 3/11/2018 at 8:45 AM, IfIHadToPickADude said:

What's your favorite RPG class?

D&D Tabletop? Then it's a Bard.

Final Fantasy? Not too sure, although I'd like a Red Mage where I get to learn everything eventually (with the trade-off that I have to level up more than White/Black Mage).

I'm going to ask you this as well: Any consoles/handhelds where you only liked a few compatible entries (say up to 3-4 games) and wasn't interested in the rest?

Edited by henrymidfields

What are some of your most favourite and unfavourite foods?

15 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

I'm going to ask you this as well: Any consoles/handhelds where you only liked a few compatible entries (say up to 3-4 games) and wasn't interested in the rest?

I suppose the PS4 comes to mind. Dissidia Final Fantasy NT, Street Fighter V, and (well, before it became multiplatform) Crash N. Sane Trilogy are games on the PS4 I'd really want to play/own. Well, the last one probably doesn't count anymore, due to becoming multiplatform.

On 21/03/2018 at 10:45 AM, Randoman said:

What are some of your most favourite and unfavourite foods?

Faves: Soba/ramen noodles, pepperoni pizza, French fries, rump steak with salad

Least favorites: Any dish involving raw fish.

What would be your ideal hypothetical FE game? And of the aspects of your ideal FE games, which are from existing titles and which are something not yet done by IS/Nintendo?

Edited by henrymidfields

Favorite color?

On 3/9/2018 at 11:32 PM, henrymidfields said:

Any consoles/handhelds where you only liked a few compatible entries (say up to 3-4 games) from?

I love the 64, but really, I only have a few games on there, being Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart, and Mario 64. Sure I've played and enjoyed more, but I've only borrowed them, and haven't played in a long while.

On 3/10/2018 at 2:46 AM, henrymidfields said:

Aah, I haven't even ordered the game yet. But, I'm thinking about getting Naoto, Rise, and Yukiko in my three separate runs.

EDIT: I've got the game now. (19 March '18)

I'm going to ask you this as well: Any consoles/handhelds where you only liked a few compatible entries (say up to 3-4 games) from and wasn't interested in the rest? 

Hmmm... nah. I'm pretty open minded about enjoying games anyways.

Favorite singers?

Favorite place you've ever visited?

On 3/23/2018 at 1:21 AM, Gemma said:

Favorite singers?

I usually prefer video game soundtracks or other music without words, so I'm afraid I don't really have any favorite singers.