What You Want To Know About The Above Poster Most

Randoman

On 3/13/2018 at 6:35 PM, Randoman said:

Who are some of your favourite ugly characters in fiction?

I honestly have no idea. Since Mikan Tsumiki was called ugly multiple times in her game, I guess it would be her? Otherwise I really don't have one.

Have you played/watched a let's play of any Ace Attorney game?

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

Favorite video game franchise?

20 hours ago, IfIHadToPickADude said:

Have you played/watched a let's play of any Ace Attorney game?

I've heard of it and played a demo or two on the 3DS, but no, I've never actually played a game nor seen a playthrough.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2018 at 1:45 AM, Rex Glacies said:

Favorite color?

I don't really have a single favorite colour, but my two favourite combinations of colours  are: 

• Black and Red, and
  • White (or near-white Beige) and Navy Blue

Your favorite social links in Persona 3, 4, and 5?

On 4/10/2018 at 8:05 AM, henrymidfields said:

Your favorite social links in Persona 3, 4, and 5?

3- Priestess, Hermit

4- Priestess, Emperor, Hierophant, Devil (nice avi lol)

5- haven't seen enough of the game, I think I only saw parts of Magician

If you could put 4 persona characters together to make an ultimate party, who would you choose? (Also who's your support/scanner/w/e)

On 4/12/2018 at 8:22 AM, Gemma said:

If you could put 4 persona characters together to make an ultimate party, who would you choose? (Also who's your support/scanner/w/e)

Don't know to be honest, as I haven't yet started playing, but my guess would be:

• Naoto (Persona 4) as the scanner
  • Mitsuru (Persona 3) as the executioner joint Persona captain
  • Persona 5 PC
  • Touma/Abel (*TMS#FE - which I consider as a Persona crossover). If TMS is not allowed, then Akihiko from Persona 3.

Back up members will include:

• Yu (P4)
  • Rise (P4)
  • Fuuka (P3)
  • Ryuji (P5)
  • Anne (P5)
  • Tsubasa (TMS*)

And they join forces with Persona 5 Phantom Thieves, the Fortuna Entertainment (*), and the Kirijo faithfuls against the corrupt Japanese government (which in turn joins forces with M-Deus (*), Izanami, and the dangerous splinter renegades formerly from the Kirijo Group).

The thing that you like best with Atlus?

Edited by henrymidfields

4 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

And they join forces with Persona 5 Phantom Thieves, the Fortuna Entertainment (*), and the Kirijo faithfuls against the corrupt Japanese government (which in turn joins forces with M-Deus (*), Izanami, and the dangerous splinter renegades formerly from the Kirijo Group).

lol nice

Why didn't you ask me a question? Favorite book you've read recently?

5 hours ago, Gemma said:

lol nice

Why didn't you ask me a question? Favorite book you've read recently?

A modern Japanese translation of Tsurezuregusa.

I'll give you two questions to make up:

• The thing that you like best with Atlus? Whether it's SMT proper, Persona, Catherine, Radiant Historia, or even TSM#FE?
  • In regards to fiction in general and RPG video games in particular, do you prefer a fantasy setting (say Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy), or real-life (Persona/Earthbound maybe?) or a bit of both (Earthbound maybe?/Pokemon)?

13 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

A modern Japanese translation of Tsurezuregusa.

I'll give you two questions to make up:

• The thing that you like best with Atlus? Whether it's SMT proper, Persona, Catherine, Radiant Historia, or even TSM#FE?
  • In regards to fiction in general and RPG video games in particular, do you prefer a fantasy setting (say Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy), or real-life (Persona/Earthbound maybe?) or a bit of both (Earthbound maybe?/Pokemon)?

Gotta be Persona, I don't play anything else by them. Though I have to give them props for handling the US port of the King of Fighters XIV.

I can't say I prefer any type of world in a story. It really depends on how well it's written and what the story has to say.

You you read a lot of spiritual/philosophical themed books?

• 2 months later...

Favorite sandwich?

On 3/28/2018 at 8:40 PM, Gemma said:

Favorite character theme?

Presently, probably any of Lillie's themes (from Pokemon Sun and Moon) or Berkut's themes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2018 at 10:46 AM, Gemma said:

You you read a lot of spiritual/philosophical themed books?

Every now and then.

Your least favorite character theme?

On 10/03/2018 at 5:21 PM, Gemma said:

Favorite Persona 4 social link?

I realised I need to follow up on one of your previous questions. All of the SLs (excluding Ai, Ayane, the drama girl, and Tohru Adachi as I haven't done those) were good, but Yosuke and Yukiko stood as the favorites.

Yosuke's really felt like mates catching up, hanging around, talking over their hangups etc. It also helps that  in the non-SL scenes Yosuke is both a silly teenager and a reliable leader of the IT.

Yukiko on the other hand, felt so right with Yu/Souji. I know that Yu is one of brighter and calmer members of the IT crew, and also usually subtle in emotion. Judging both his and Yukiko's characteristics, their chemistry seem to come out most naturally. Shame about Yukiko's cooking, though...

On 6/22/2018 at 1:24 PM, henrymidfields said:

Yukiko on the other hand, felt so right with Yu/Souji. I know that Yu is one of brighter and calmer members of the IT crew, and also usually subtle in emotion. Judging both his and Yukiko's characteristics, their chemistry seem to come out most naturally. Shame about Yukiko's cooking, though...

Yes, I agree the Yu/Yukiko romance works really well. In my playthrough, I haven't seen any of the other girls' SLs, but I went ahead and romanced Yukiko. Not gonna cheat either <3 Way too cute~

On 6/13/2018 at 9:02 PM, Rex Glacies said:

Favorite sandwich?

mmm... probably a reuben panini

On 6/26/2018 at 11:08 PM, Karimlan said:

Least favorite character trope?

Oh, no doubt, Damsel Scrappy - "courtesy" of a certain character who kept getting kidnapped 90%-95% the fricking time since 1985 - and somehow managed to make it into Smash. That also made me lose a good deal of interest in Smash Bros and also contributed to stop liking another particular Nintendo franchise (besides Shit-geru's insistence on "fuck storyline" after one of the rare non-migrane-inducing games that gave some consideration to the story won the BAFTA award). If there's someone who doesn't deserve to be rescued, and who deserve all the hate she gets, it's people like her.

Your opinion on Ashley Bursch as Risette in Persona 4: Dancing All Night (and any future games involving P4 characters)?

Edited by henrymidfields

14 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

Your opinion on Ashley Bursch as Risette in Persona 4: Dancing All Night (and any future games involving P4 characters)?

She did a great job, (I think she was Rise in Q as well?) makes the character feel the same. Would be good for future games as well, makes me wonder if the P4 chars will come back for P5 Arena~

Favorite Pride and Prejudice character?

Favorite video game series besides Fire Emblem ?

21 hours ago, Gemma said:

Favorite Pride and Prejudice character?

Elizabeth and Darcy are obvious choices but they're just THAT good, and considering the focus is mostly on them, it's hard not to appreciate them. I also liked Jane and Mary a lot, the former speaks for itself, and the latter because I liked how outspoken she can be on things she's passionate about and I also lowkey wished Mr. Collins had noticed her crush on him.

Edited by ExaltedViolinist

On 30/06/2018 at 7:59 AM, Gemma said:

She did a great job, (I think she was Rise in Q as well?) makes the character feel the same. Would be good for future games as well, makes me wonder if the P4 chars will come back for P5 Arena~

I actually think Ashley Bursch should voice-act Risette for all Persona games chronologically set after P4G. Her voice in Dancing All Night is more grounded, more confident, and reflects her P4-proper character development better than the Japanese voice actor (who sounds too much of a chipmunk) did, and even Laura Bailey (who I think should only voice Risette in scenes chronologically set before P4's story) may have done. 

On 30/06/2018 at 5:17 AM, ExaltedViolinist said:

Do you have any guilty pleasures or pet peeves ?

Fanservice artwork when it's not out of place.

You likes and dislikes of English anime/game dubs? Either general trends or specific examples.

Can't find whoever the last person who asked me a question, sorry. If you were the one who asked then just ping me or something and I'll answer.

Do you like breakfast tacos?

What was the book you read most recently, and what was it about ?

On 30/06/2018 at 9:15 PM, henrymidfields said:

You likes and dislikes of English anime/game dubs? Either general trends or specific examples.

Likes: obviously the accessibility of the material (mostly for games; original animes are usually easy to find);

Dislikes: most of the time the dub is not acted as well as the original is (the emotions conveyed sound more forced); the songs aren't as good because they have to be rewritten; dubs are often cringy as hell.

But one thing I noticed is that whatever I start watching first is the one I can't unhear. Most of the time I watch my animes in Japanese, but if for some reason I start watching one in English, it will be hard for me to make the switch to the original. 

On 6/29/2018 at 8:18 PM, ExaltedViolinist said:

Favorite video game series besides Fire Emblem ?

Hmm, I do like a lot of genres, so this is a bit hard to answer for me. Let's say The King of Fighters, Mario Kart/Party/Warioware, and Danganronpa.

a dubbed anime and a dubbed game you played recently that you enjoyed the dub of?

Bouncing back the question for you! Any dubbed animes/games you enjoyed ?

5 hours ago, Gemma said:

a dubbed anime and a dubbed game you played recently that you enjoyed the dub of?

For games, I'd say Nier: Automata! I had the option to play in either languages, but decided to go for English because reading subtitles is somewhat distracting in a game like this. I was extremely happy with the dubbed voice acting in this game! Props to the team.

For animes, I made the mistake of watching Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood in English, but thankfully Vic Mignogna, Edward's English voice actor, does an amazing job at capturing the emotions of our beloved blonde-headed milk-seething goblin! Same with Alphonse's voice actresses.

Edited by ExaltedViolinist