What You Want To Know About The Above Poster Most

Randoman

Just tell me one interesting fact about you.

On 8/4/2018 at 2:05 AM, henrymidfields said:

Don't know, don't care.

What was your favorite story in the games you played?

Favourite stories in games:

Half life

Inside

FE7

Persona 5

Edited by Innocentmask

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

On 8/6/2018 at 11:06 AM, henrymidfields said:

I haven't been following baseball at all, so I've got no idea.

Your preferred English localization approach of Japanese games?

baseball???? baseball doesn't have a midfield, man. there's an infield and an outfield. i figured that you, Literally Named Henry Midfields, would have some hot takes re your preferred number of midfielders, if you were maybe a 4-3-3 kind of guy or what

Just make something good, and you aren't going to get something good by being overly literal. Give your audience some credit for understanding that different cultures have different shit. Take liberties where necessary to be a better product. I mean, Kefka in the original script was boring as shit, until Ted Woolsey decided 'fuck it, we're going to make him an insane clown' and that, it turns out, was the best interpretation of Kefka. FE14's face-petting comes off as insanely weird and voyeuristic in the West, and was correctly removed. Et cetera.

Above; who is your favourite footballer?

13 hours ago, Parrhesia said:

baseball???? baseball doesn't have a midfield, man. there's an infield and an outfield. i figured that you, Literally Named Henry Midfields, would have some hot takes re your preferred number of midfielders, if you were maybe a 4-3-3 kind of guy or 

Oh, that. Well, I'm not changing my previous answer, because don't follow soccer either.

Edited by henrymidfields

• 3 weeks later...

What countries have you been to?

On 8/2/2018 at 12:58 PM, Robert of Normandy said:

Favorite piece of chicken to eat? (Leg, thigh, wing, etc.)

I don't really have one. But in general, I prefer meat that doesn't have a lot of bone to pick through, so I guess that'd be the chicken breast.

• 4 weeks later...

@Randoman:

Layover visit only: Germany and UK

School trip: New Zealand

Vacations: Czech, Switzerland, France, Spain, Canada, Taiwan, China (Hong Kong, not the mainland)

Residencies: Japan (former & family's home), Australia (current), USA (1992-1997)

You would prefer cooking from which following character? (FE Version) There's a catch, however...
1) Keaton (Fates)
2) Sully (Awakening)
3) Tatiana (Valentia)
4) Kris (Akaneia DS version)
5) Lalum (Binding Blade)

Who are your top 5 favourite Persona girls?

6 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

You would prefer cooking from which following character? (FE Version) There's a catch, however...
1) Keaton (Fates)
2) Sully (Awakening)
3) Tatiana (Valentia)
4) Kris (Akaneia DS version)
5) Lalum (Binding Blade)

I suppose I'd pick Tatiana, since she's the nicest of the 5 and she'd be the most understanding and apologetic about her cooking.

On 9/21/2018 at 6:47 AM, Randoman said:

Who are your top 5 favourite Persona girls?

I can't really answer that question as I only just finished Persona 4. The question will have to wait a year or two for a definite answer when I experienced 3 and 5 as well.Actually, even with P4, it's kind of hard due to everyone in general being such interesting characters that are more like actual people sharing their own personal stories. If we are talking about just P4, then so far,:

Spoiler

1) Yukiko - The chemistry with Yu seems very compelling for a ship. I feel that Yu is a ship that had lost its direction in the social sense (from his lack of relationships), while Yukiko felt restrained and overwhelmed for the opposite reasons, and I like how both end up meeting halfway in the proverbial sense. They also seem to have some common aspects of their characters - if we are including Yu's characteristics from the P4 anime, I find that both are generally hard-working, intelligent, and calm, although not without their social quirks. Also, Yukiko is well, suggestive (from a couple of conversations in the game), while Yu is also such in the anime. Shame about her cooking, though...

2) Nanako - If Atlus wanted me to invest my emotions in a sweet girl, they really succeeded doing so with Nanako. Innocent and expressive, yet mature and depressed, it was hard not to resist joys and tears when I saw her trying to understand why she feels lonely, why she particularly misses her dad often, and how she grew with Yu as her "big brother". It is even better in Persona 4: Dancing All Night (set a month after the extended happy ending of P4G Golden) where she gained confidence in both herself and her family and her friends she made before, and reached out to Kanami who was similarly lonely.

3) Chie - Her upbeat nature almost always puts a smile on my face, and her idealist personality reminded me of what I did when I was in elementary school. I had to look after my down-syndrome sister, and this occasionally included dealing with bullying from other children. While I didn't remember this myself, I remember my mom telling me how she was touched when I called out a few of the older boys who bullied my sister, and when they relented.

4+) Man, it's kind of hard to choose from. Yukiko and Chie stands out as I did their romantic social link routes while Nanako stood out for telling such a personal story of growing up and coming to terms with flawed adults. But everyone else have their strong points for storytelling too...

Last) Naoto - I'm sorry to say for Naoto fans, but I found Naoto as "too much ace-showing and not enough personal issues discussion" considering how most others discuss their flaws or their worries. Instead of having to go through a detective game Senior Shirogane set up for Naoto, it would have been more compelling to see her actually deal with arrogant and even misogynistic police officers, and actually show Uncle Ryotaro chew them out - which is instead relegated to the night-time casual conversation in the actual game. To the game's credit, the moral - where seniority, authority, and gender (all really big aspects of Japanese society) cannot provide any excuse for wrongdoing - is still there in her (and the Investigation Team's) faceoff against Detective Adachi, and Uncle/Detective Ryotaro, seeing Naoto for who she is, supported her instead of Adachi. It is this that should have been further examined in her social link. And maybe the morals of the story are: a) While Naoto may be an ace and a genius, the unfortunate fact is that she still have to negotiate people politics; and b) Having said that, Ryotaro rightly accepted that Naoto's skills as they are - which is something that the rest of the Inaba Police Department need to do.

What about you? Alternately, if you haven't played Persona, your favorite character arc from any other JRPG?

Edited by henrymidfields

Are there any strange things that youtube got you interested in watching/learning about, due to the recommendations it gave you? For example, I've gotten somewhat interested in ant keeping videos since youtube suggested AntsCanada videos to me.

On 9/25/2018 at 10:34 AM, henrymidfields said:

What about you? Alternately, if you haven't played Persona, your favorite character arc from any other JRPG?

The only one that really comes to mind right now is Cecil Harvey from Final Fantasy IV, who turns against his own country when its king becomes a merciless tyrant, an strives to win the trust of other kingdoms and towns since he's a former soldier of the tyrant country he turned against.

8 hours ago, Randoman said:

Are there any strange things that youtube got you interested in watching/learning about, due to the recommendations it gave you? For example, I've gotten somewhat interested in ant keeping videos since youtube suggested AntsCanada videos to me.

Alternate History Hub is one, and it recommended me Armchair Historian. Both talks about history, obviously.

Have you played other Atlus games besides Persona?

Off the top of your head, what fictional villain do you feel sorry for the most?

On 9/28/2018 at 11:25 PM, henrymidfields said:

Have you played other Atlus games besides Persona?

Actually, I've never played any Persona games. The only character I'm vaguely familiar with from Persona is Yukiko, and that's because I keep seeing her everywhere, specifically in people's avatars. Not that I mind seeing Yukiko constantly, though...

In regards to games made by Atlus, the only one I have played is Riviera: The Promised Land.

On 8/8/2018 at 2:24 PM, Innocentmask said:

Just tell me one interesting fact about you.

I like to draw

a video game villain you like that most people seem to dislike?

On 10/3/2018 at 8:31 AM, Randoman said:

Off the top of your head, what fictional villain do you feel sorry for the most?

Zefiel for having an unenviable childhood and being nearly killed once.

Are you going to get 13 Sentinels, Catherine: Full Body, and/or Persona Q2 upon release?

On 10/4/2018 at 10:00 AM, henrymidfields said:

Are you going to get 13 Sentinels, Catherine: Full Body, and/or Persona Q2 upon release?

No.

Though I may eventually get PQ2, I'm almost done with the first one. Atlus has nice sales from time to time, so I would rather snag it then (like I did for the first one~)

Ideal team for PQ2?

• 3 weeks later...

What are some of your biggest pet peeves?

On 10/3/2018 at 10:45 PM, Gemma said:

a video game villain you like that most people seem to dislike?

Video game specifically, huh? None come to mind currently, unless you count the Lyon (from FE8) hate back in the day when the FE4 and Jugdral fanbase were raining on the parade of all FE related characters/elements that weren't from Jugdral. Lyon in particular was a major victim of that.

On 10/27/2018 at 12:38 AM, Randoman said:

What are some of your biggest pet peeves?

leaving finger nail clippings on the ground, wiping snot on the wall, not using turn signals... that's all I can think of for now.

Generally speaking, what motivates you for your goals?

On 10/7/2018 at 9:08 AM, Gemma said:

Ideal team for PQ2?

I haven't played P3 far enough and P5 at all, I can't really answer properly, but...

Rotate 4/5 people out of the following:

• Minako (coz Minato can get lost for stealing the canon spot)
  • Akihiko (there's a good reason why he's so popular)
  • Mitsuru (see above; also, she will be the one to execute Goro if he betrays the team)
  • Yu (when you need the other leader)
  • Yukiko (as the healer/mage)
  • Kanji (when you really need to get shit done and Akihiko isn't enough)
  • Naoto (as the intel officer and especially to investigate, and protect the party from, Goro)

and Fuuka as the navigator. (No, Rise, stop flirting with Yu! Yukiko already took him!)

Ideal dream team/party with characters from all Persona entries (including Tokyo Mirage Sessions)?

Edited by henrymidfields

Are there any popular/generally liked foods that you dislike or find gross?

On 10/28/2018 at 10:21 PM, Gemma said:

Generally speaking, what motivates you for your goals?

I honestly don't really know. I mean, these days, a lot of what I do is just "doing things because it's the right thing to do", whether it's doing chores or working at my job/finding a job.

But if you're talking about goals for non-basic things like chores and work/employment, I still don't know, actually. I mean, for things like gaming, I try to defeat games 100% to get the most out of them and so I can feel like I've fully experienced everything the game has to offer.

I was also working on a TV series script until I hit a huge writers' block around the start of October (I reached around 18 episodes, but I was stuck at the 2/3rds point on the 18th episode). As for what motivated me to do that, I just really wanted a story/TV series that broke a lot of molds and stereotypes, and taught people a lot of things by breaking said stereotypes. (Eg: making a female lead who's beyond disfigured and hideous to show the audience that females don't need to be beautiful/cute to be likeable, making a main villain who's very honourable and restrained (even being nicer than most of the actual heroes), and has very sympathetic motives for his actions) I'll admit, maybe I was way too ambitious with what I was trying to do with my story. But even if I'm not the one doing it, I hope that one day a story/TV series does get out there that will will communicate the same morals and themes I was hoping to communicate with my story/TV series. (in terms of things like not being so quick to put harsh labels on others, understanding that people aren't inherently bad and that there are good reasons as to why they act the way they do, that being single/unappealing in the eyes of the opposite gender doesn't make you worth any less as a person)

...that wasn't an adequate answer to your question at all, huh? Well, if I had to sum up my motivation for my goals in general, yeah... I got nothing. I guess "doing what's right" is the most common motivator, when it comes to my goals, though I think that only motivates me 40%-50% of the time, with other motivators motivating me the other 50%-60% of the time (other motivators include my passion for gaming, getting the answers that I need/satisfying my curiousity, and minimizing the pain I suffer).

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2018 at 9:58 AM, henrymidfields said:

Ideal dream team/party with characters from all Persona entries (including Tokyo Mirage Sessions)?

Yu/Yukiko/Shinjiro/Mitsuru

If you could choose 4 Mario Kart courses to make a classic cup, which ones would you pick?

1 hour ago, Gemma said:

Yu/Yukiko/Shinjiro/Mitsuru

If you could choose 4 Mario Kart courses to make a classic cup, which ones would you pick?

None, as I hate Mario Kart.

Okay, P4's Kings Game, except with P3, P5, and/or Tokyo Mirage Sessions characters. Pair Minato, Minako, Akira, and/or Itsuki with who? And what does the latter do? Cross series interactions allowed.

3 hours ago, Stephen the Great said:

(What was my last question?)

Why do you hate Mario Kart?

Several reasons:

1. Basically how GP is so ridden with the bullshit-kind of difficulty with CPU screwing me over with their items. And I generally prefer to play on my own anyway.

2. The whole MK stuff is from my least favorite franchise. Enough said.

3. They kiddified Mute City and Big Blue and basically robbed any chance of a proper F-Zero game. Those two courses are pretty much F-Zero for dumb kids who got sent back to kindergarten, and nothing like the real deal. Whosoever thought of this can go get stuffed.

What connection do you have with your avatar monarch? From your home nation? A historical figure you admire? Etc?

On 11/11/2018 at 10:46 PM, henrymidfields said:

None, as I hate Mario Kart.

Okay, P4's Kings Game, except with P3, P5, and/or Tokyo Mirage Sessions characters. Pair Minato, Minako, Akira, and/or Itsuki with who? And what does the latter do? Cross series interactions allowed.

Minato x Richter Abend

Minako x Mr. Game and Watch

Akira x the Joker

A flower you think is pretty?

17 hours ago, Gemma said:

Minato x Richter Abend

Minako x Mr. Game and Watch

Akira x the Joker

Sorry, mind re-answering? When I meant cross-over interactions, I meant , say, Minako (P3) with Yusuke (P5), or Eleonora (TMSFE) with Akira (P5). I want it to be confined to the characters from the game listed in the question (Persona 3-5 + TMSFE)

I do like a dark red rose - there's something sexy about it.

As with the reanswering above... Have you seen the recently released movie Bohemian Rhapsody?

On 11/17/2018 at 6:33 AM, henrymidfields said:

Sorry, mind re-answering? When I meant cross-over interactions, I meant , say, Minako (P3) with Yusuke (P5), or Eleonora (TMSFE) with Akira (P5). I want it to be confined to the characters from the game listed in the question (Persona 3-5 + TMSFE)

Have you seen the recently released movie Bohemian Rhapsody?

Ah, don't have much of an opinion on that. ...maybe Minato x Makoto?

no, I haven't.

favorite kind of pie?