What You Want To Know About The Above Poster Most

Randoman

What's the oldest game you've played.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Do you have a favorite Pokémon?

I don't know that I could pick out one absolute favorite, but are three of my favorites: Quilava, Joltik, and Bulbasaur.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

That's an interesting one to beat; most people I see tend to go with the SNES or PS1 games before any of the originals or their remakes.

Considering that my favorite Fe is 3 and I also liked Gaiden, maybe I just have a thing for old bad games.

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

10 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

What's the oldest game you've played.

I don't know that I could pick out one absolute favorite, but are three of my favorites: Quilava, Joltik, and Bulbasaur.

Considering that my favorite Fe is 3 and I also liked Gaiden, maybe I just have a thing for old bad games.

Oh wow, that's a tough one... I guess technically, I have one of those plug 'n' play collection things that's filled with original Atari games, and I've played that a fair bit, so maybe one of those games? Otherwise, I suppose one of the obvious answers like Pac-Man or Mario Bros. Although all of those were played on devices released way later, so for the oldest game I've played on its original system? Probably the original F-Zero on SNES, since I think that one was a launch title for the system.

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot! I have played an actual Ms. Pac-Man arcade cabinet before. That one is probably the oldest, then.

As someone who plays very little Pokémon, I recognize exactly one of those names, but it's a solid choice in my eyes.

I still need to play the original FE3, but I also need to play Radiant Dawn first. Gaiden's a respectable choice though, if a bit outdated by more modern standards.

Favorite character from FE3? And if it's different, favorite overall Fire Emblem character?

Edited by DefaultBeep

11 hours ago, Clarine said:

May I ask, how would you describe your hair style?

Short and messy I don't really bother with brushing it until it's really messy.

Regular forest, Sky forest, night forest or sakura forest? 

How do you feel about only being the somethingth biggest Katarina fan, and what are your plans for achieving that top spot?

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Favorite character from FE3? And if it's different, favorite overall Fire Emblem character?

Minerva

6 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Opinion on brisket?

Franchises: Kirby, Fire Emblem

Individual games: Super Metroid,

Never had it, looks yummy though.

Favorite song from Dreamland 3?

29 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Minerva

...Y'know, I probably should've been able to guess that, in hindsight.

32 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Regular forest, Sky forest, night forest or sakura forest? 

The default, which I assume is Regular Forest. In general, I rarely bother to change website themes, unless the default was changed and I prefer the original default.

Do you prefer warm or cool weather?

2 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Opinion on the Castlevania series?

For the longest time, I never really bothered with Castlevania; I liked the aesthetic, and I owned Dracula X Chronicles on PSP/Vita for a while, but I just never really got into it. However, just a few months ago, I tried playing Dracula X Chronicles again, and I loved it. Great aesthetic, wonderful music, and a difficulty that was harsh at times, but felt fair once I felt more familiar with the controls and levels. The final boss, even though it took me two-three straight hours of attempts to beat it, was one of the most fun and satisfyingly difficult final bosses I've ever fought. Easily one of my favorite games of all time now. That game also had a port of Symphony of the Night, which I cleared with slightly over 200% map completion. I prefer linear games to Metroidvania-type games, so I still prefer Dracula X Chronicles itself, but it was still a great and enjoyable game. I still need to be the original version of Dracula X Chronicles (which they kindly included as well) and Portrait of Ruin, though.

Since I'm thinking about it, are you a fan of Metroidvania games (referring to the genre, not just Metroid and Castlevania)?

5 hours ago, sylveonzoroark said:

How would you describe yourself?

In simply terms I would describe myself as a truly unique, formal yet overly confident individual. But of course, I do possess my occasional dismissive nature but in general, I would say I am rather kind and forgiving when the chance might ever present itself. Needless to say, I can most easily discuss the topic of myself further but one would be better to simply divert their eyes onto my profile page.

What do you call a three-humped camel?

@Robert of Normandy Might there be any other reasons for browsing the website of Serenes Forest excepting the case of alleviating one's boredom?

@DefaultBeep Are there perchance any particular reasons as to why you truly desire to summon Tailtiu in the video game of Fire Emblem Heroes?

Any video games where you prefer the original version of a game to its remake?

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Since I'm thinking about it, are you a fan of Metroidvania games (referring to the genre, not just Metroid and Castlevania)?

Yes,  although I've never really played many outside of Metroid and Castlevania. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror's really the only one not form those franchises I've played, unless the Megaman ZX games count.

13 minutes ago, Clarine said:

@Robert of Normandy Might there be any other reasons for browsing the website of Serenes Forest excepting the case of alleviating one's boredom?@DefaultBeep

not really

14 minutes ago, Clarine said:

Are there perchance any particular reasons as to why you truly desire to summon Tailtiu in the video game of Fire Emblem Heroes?

A couple reasons, but there's one that I think is probably stronger than the others. First, she's simply one of my favorite characters from FE4. I like her design, I like her personality, I find her relation to the story interesting, and I like both of her kids as well. Second, I'm really hoping that she'll be a good infantry blue mage, because I've never managed to get Linde (another favorite character of mine), and Mae isn't as fast as I would like her to be.

But mostly, similar to Katarina and Roderick, and similar to Olwen, Lachesis, and Eldigan, she represents something important for me. She's a representation of a game that means a lot to me personally. And she's not just a main character; Sigurd and Deirdre are cool, but they're also pretty obvious choices all things considered. But Tailtiu is a choice that I like, that care about. She's an example of someone in Heroes that I personally want to use, not because she's powerful, not because she's popular, but because she's a character I love from a game with a cast that I adore. In a crossover game like Heroes, finding a recognizable face is a wonderful thing, and it's something that Heroes has provided for me in the past, but this is one of the best and most recent cases of it.

Also, she shares a voice actor with a main character from Ys: The Oath in Felghana, which is another game I love. That coincidence is too cool for me to not be happy about.

I should probably read your profile sometime too.

1 minute ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Yes,  although I've never really played many outside of Metroid and Castlevania. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror's really the only one not form those franchises I've played, unless the Megaman ZX games count.

I'd count ZX, sure. I need to beat that one too, now that you remind me of it.

Are you a fan of Mega Man games? And do you have a favorite Mega Man series (original, X, Legends, etc.)?

1 hour ago, Robert of Normandy said:

How do you feel about only being the somethingth biggest Katarina fan, and what are your plans for achieving that top spot?

I am perfectly fine being the something's biggest Katarina fans, there can be multiple though if I must make it to the top the optimal route is to kill all those above me.

What are your thoughts on the 3ds fe's?

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

I am perfectly fine being the something's biggest Katarina fans, there can be multiple though if I must make it to the top the optimal route is to kill all those above me.

What are your thoughts on the 3ds fe's?

To be honest, as much as I want her in Heroes, I wouldn't say I'm really a big fan of Katarina. I like her, but I mostly want her because she's a great red mage in Heroes that isn't Tharja, who I've had ruin my pity rate way too many times. So please don't kill me just to climb the ranks.

I like them overall. I have some bias toward Awakening since it was basically my first (it and Sacred Stones were right around the same time, but Awakening was what brought me back in a few years later). It's a game that I like to play every now and then to have fun, but not to really worry about playing strategically. The Spotpass characters help out a lot in that regard. Fates had some good points, but unfortunately quite a few lows as well; I played all three routes, but after I lost my cartridge of it, I have yet to feel the urge to buy and play it again. Echoes is great in terms of art style, music, voice acting, and mostly in characters and gameplay; however, it does have a lot of clunkiness to it, which gets especially noticeably toward the end. I like it overall, but I can't say it's one of my favorites.

20 minutes ago, sylveonzoroark said:

Why do you like Katarina?

Book originals

Why Don't you like Katarina?

Understandable, I would tend to agree.

Car trips, or plane rides?

39 minutes ago, sylveonzoroark said:

Why do you like Katarina?

I'm not really a massive Katarina fan (hence only being the something's biggest fan) I just really like her design and I liked her almost immediately from the prologue and just wanted to save her from her duties as an assassin because she was very sweet. Also she just happens to be a very good unit in heroes so she is one of those characters that I would like to see more of 

Opinion on trains?

54 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Are you a fan of Mega Man games? And do you have a favorite Mega Man series (original, X, Legends, etc.)?

I suppose, thought not as much as I once was. I guess if I had to pick a series I'd say X.

Favorite kind of train?

18 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Opinion on trains?

Trains are cool. Especially bullet trains. They might be my favorite way of transportation.

Edited by sylveonzoroark

3 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

...Y'know, I probably should've been able to guess that, in hindsight.

The default, which I assume is Regular Forest. In general, I rarely bother to change website themes, unless the default was changed and I prefer the original default.

Do you prefer warm or cool weather?

Cool

favorite macaroon flavor?

5 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Any video games where you prefer the original version of a game to its remake?

I do not believe there are any, for I am mostly one to deem the more modern versions of video games to be far superior.

5 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I should probably read your profile sometime too.

Perhaps so, or otherwise one could attempt to deduce other fragments of my personality on my personality quiz thread.
Oh my, might this be what many would deem to be "shameless self-promotion"?

What are the traits you value most in other individuals?

7 minutes ago, Clarine said:

I do not believe there are any, for I am mostly one to deem the more modern versions of video games to be far superior.

Perhaps so, or otherwise one could attempt to deduce other fragments of my personality on my personality quiz thread.
Oh my, might this be what many would deem to be "shameless self-promotion"?

I did decide to read your profile, and it was quite informative. However, it did leave me wondering something:

Are you similar to Clarine in personality only, or do you believe that you resemble her as well?

Just now, TheSilentChloey said:

Least favourite food?

Hm... I can't think of a food that I really dislike (off the top of my head, anyway), but I had a particularly bad experience with a spaghetti casserole that has soured my opinion on the dish, even if it's pretty good otherwise.

Since I don't think I've asked you yet, Car trips, or plane rides?

6 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Least favourite food?

Hm... I can't think of a food that I really dislike (off the top of my head, anyway), but I had a particularly bad experience with a spaghetti casserole that has soured my opinion on the dish, even if it's pretty good otherwise.

Edit: ... If I double post, do I have to answer my own question as well?

Edited by DefaultBeep

9 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Plane ride, far more tolerable for me.

Favourite food?