Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will playtest to make sure that it's hard enough

(just kidding i am not a very good playtester)

I'll just give you the eventual hard mode patch

when do you need it done ?

whenever, since an august release seems highly unlikely with the recent graphical finds.

Everyone's suggestions suck

Been working on the final chapter of Musain!

Will need some betatesters soon to look out for story inconsistencies, check for missing dialogue, and tell me what their opinion of the gameplay is. (After I'm 100% done with 14a)

And since I can't really post too many screens of 14a without spoiling the chapter, have some obscure screens.

DreamOfFive_04.png

I'll happily do it :) I played through to Ch 12A so far but if you want, I'll go back and look over the rest of Musain, too.

Why not the other cg and map too

Map maybe

other CG Furet needs to tell me what's in it first

Or you mean the OA CGs I suppose I could finish that but I do want to get some programming done before school starts I'm not an art major you know

Edited by Zhuge Liang

Angelic Robe --> Love Letter

Energy Ring --> Dumbbells

Secret Book --> Skill 4 Dummies

Speedwings --> Pegasi Feather

Dracoshield --> Wyvern Scale

Talisman --> Poet's Notebook

Goddess Icon --> Lovespoon (Lovespoons are considered good luck charms, so they're... relevant, I guess.)

Naming items is so fun!

Love letter: Don't get it

Dumbbells: I'm not sure they existed back then

Skill 4 dummies: Very funny

Pegasi Feather % Wyvern Scale: I like these 2

Poet's Note (I think it should be Poets): Don't get it

Lovespoon: Really mellow.gif?

Love letter: Don't get it

Dumbbells: I'm not sure they existed back then

Skill 4 dummies: Very funny

Pegasi Feather % Wyvern Scale: I like these 2

Poet's Note (I think it should be Poets): Don't get it

Lovespoon: Really mellow.gif?

Love Letter and Dumbbells were just jokes (Same with Skill 4 Dummies), but I'm actually trying with the Wyvern Scale / Pegasi Feather and the Lovespoon.

From what I've read, Lovespoons were given to girls by their suitors. They'd often have symbols such as horsehoes (which meant luck), locks (which meant security), and hearts (which symbolized love) incorporated into their designs. I mostly chose it because I thought it'd be a unique replacement and since it can be a "lucky charm" kind of object it seemed to fit snugly into the position of a luck-boosting item.

Love Letter and Dumbbells were just jokes (Same with Skill 4 Dummies), but I'm actually trying with the Wyvern Scale / Pegasi Feather and the Lovespoon.

From what I've read, Lovespoons were given to girls by their suitors. They'd often have symbols such as horsehoes (which meant luck), locks (which meant security), and hearts (which symbolized love) incorporated into their designs. I mostly chose it because I thought it'd be a unique replacement and since it can be a "lucky charm" kind of object it seemed to fit snugly into the position of a luck-boosting item.

Oh shit. Lucky Spoon sounds like an amazing item.

Oh ok. Here are mine:

Angelic robe: Health potion

Energy ring: I'd keep this one and change the sprite/ Power bang

Secret book: Training manual

Speedwings: Emses Pegasi feather

Draco shield: Esmes Wyvern scale

Talisman: Ancient ward

Goddess icon: 4-leaf Clover

Edited by Matt Snow

*4-leaf clover gets smushed*

*luck goes back down by 2*

uhhh

but in all seriousness I can betatest after the 18th or so and I'm rather fast as I play things on my flashcart (yes, I can get savestates and screenshots if you want'm :\). naturally I'd be writing walls of text explaining everything in detail so if you don't like reading or prefer someone concise or just dislike me =PI'd suggest picking someone else~

*4-leaf clover gets smushed*

*luck goes back down by 2*

uhhh

but in all seriousness I can betatest after the 18th or so and I'm rather fast as I play things on my flashcart (yes, I can get savestates and screenshots if you want'm :\). naturally I'd be writing walls of text explaining everything in detail so if you don't like reading or prefer someone concise or just dislike me =PI'd suggest picking someone else~

But don't you want to lp this blind, it's more fun that way

Since I intend on doing my runs blind (and maybe with a 0% one day, since I did the harder one with a mostly-screwed team), I want to be surprised! Good luck you guys~!

By the way, why can't you do the hard mode enemies on like, the actual hard mode of the same patch?

I'm not sure why HE can't but from my own experiences there are various problems with this

the main one is that in order to load hard mode you have to do the "Mode Select"

which is a pain in the ass to hack; it pretty much assumes you have 3 different modes and also changing those animations and the characters and which text it uses and all that is a pain for people who don't have 3 modes that are equivalent to Lyn's/Eliwood's/Hector's mode

sure you can implement them using the game's various event options that let you make separate units and events for hard mode but actually GETTING to hard mode is another thing thanks to the EWW mode select screen

I'd actually imagine that it'd be EASIER with FE8 for once because FE8 is so simple; it just has 3 options IIRC and you choose one. As opposed to 6 options and a fancy Mode Select screen.

just thought I'd discuss this since it was a personal dilemma for some point until I just decided it'd be hella easier to just remake a new hardmode patch >_>'

Hell, if they turned Renair into some strange 15 chapter or so Lyn mode and then have Astra/Enjo be Eliwood and Hector's mode, that sounds really cool.

But I still like how it is so far.

Main lords are actually Renair/Astra/Seymour. You just don't see Seymour as much since we haven't done as much with Onduris route as of late since we're busy getting Musain done.

Anyway I'd think GBA Hard Mode doesn't like some of the stuff we want to put in so it's just easier to do a separate patch.

Edited by Zhuge Liang