Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

I hope in DOF: most recent version there are much more diverse weaponries, enemies, balanced characters, new graphics, better mapping, trials, faster supports, more story, more details and personal skills if possible.

The 2011 I play it's too random sometimes and way too difficult if you play it straight - you'll probably lose people.

I'd really like to play the beta of the 2012 version too, I'm really thinking about it.

I even started writing a script inspired by DOF I'd like to sell to some company in the future, set in Medieval Germany - the script relies on the narration stile of DOF and each character is an "Expy" of the ones from DOF, but everything from the plot and setting it's diverse.

Edited by marcus90

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope in DOF: most recent version there are much more diverse weaponries, enemies, balanced characters, new graphics, better mapping, trials, faster supports, more story, more details and personal skills if possible.

The 2011 I play it's too random sometimes and way too difficult if you play it straight - you'll probably lose people.

I'd really like to play the beta of the 2012 version too, I'm really thinking about it.

there are more weapons and enemies

characters are balanced already

new graphics are there

several maps are redone

what trials

supports are already like 50+4 bro

>more chapters means more story

i dunno about more details

lolpersonalskills

also here have some more totally not obscure screens

havemorescreensbro.png

Edited by AstraLunaSol

You guys REALLY like that one castle background

seriously, it's been in like, 6-7 screenshots at least, including the 4 you just posted o_O

I am so ready to point every instance out like a douchebag

You guys REALLY like that one castle background

seriously, it's been in like, 6-7 screenshots at least, including the 4 you just posted o_O

I am so ready to point every instance out like a douchebag

now that you mention it

other castle backgrounds would probably work better

I even started writing a script inspired by DOF I'd like to sell to some company in the future, set in Medieval Germany - the script relies on the narration stile of DOF and each character is an "Expy" of the ones from DOF, but everything from the plot and setting it's diverse.

You terrify me.

I enjoy standards.

Dan pretty much covered most of those complaints like a thousand times since that last beta anyway.

um... okay

So all I can assume currently is Renair likes talking to shadows. Better hope she's not dragged into the Shadow Realm or something. :c

I enjoy standards.

Dan pretty much covered most of those complaints like a thousand times since that last beta anyway.

um... okay

So all I can assume currently is Renair likes talking to shadows. Better hope she's not dragged into the Shadow Realm or something. :c

What, can't I steal other efforts, make them mine, then change the flesh over the skeleton? :D

Edited by marcus90

Or you know...at least attempt to come up with something yourself instead of making stupid expys of an existing project.

Because if anyone's profiting off of DoF's ideas it's Dan and Furet and not some scrub like you. And they're nice enough to put it in a project for free.

Or you know...at least attempt to come up with something yourself instead of making stupid expys of an existing project.

Because if anyone's profiting off of DoF's ideas it's Dan and Furet and not some scrub like you. And they're nice enough to put it in a project for free.

Sure, scrub. While you say that, I can freely use the dialogues of your mods to create various situations I can get profit from - don't you think it would sell something out of other good jobs, if retooled well? Umh? I do that, I like that, and I will in the future, while you fool just lurk in front of your PC while writing stupidities only. That's the truth, man.

I like FE and this community, but I do other things too, and I do them the way I want.

"As long as you damage nobody, do whatever you want"

Sure, scrub. While you say that, I can freely use the dialogues of your mods to create various situations I can get profit from - don't you think it would sell something out of other good jobs, if retooled well? Umh? I do that, I like that, and I will in the future, while you fool just lurk in front of your PC while writing stupidities only. That's the truth, man.

I like FE and this community, but I do other things too, and I do them the way I want.

Okay, now that is something that really makes me mad. Being inspired by something or someone can't be controlled, it just happens, and it's okay (to some point). But going to someone and telling them in the face that you plan to steal their ideas... You're the worst. I've witnessed the beginning of this project, I've seen it grow... As a writer myself, I find it outright despicable of you to abuse anything that comes from this project.

If I could, I'd ban you this very moment.

Let's just stop while we're ahead, shall we? Because I can already tell where this will go.

What, can't I steal other efforts, make them mine, then change the flesh over the skeleton? :D

As Xiltas said, it's okay to be inspired by someone's work but don't outright steal their ideas. Especially don't say it to them. I honestly don't know if you're just trolling or being serious but stop right now.

If I could, I'd ban you this very moment.

There are no grounds to ban him on as he did not post any work with stolen ideas.

So yeah, if you want to discuss this then do so privately, not in this thread.

Not being funny, but I don't think the plotline of DoF is professional quality and I don't think that marcus90 is just the person to make it so.

Dude, it's very easy too me: create a better background for characters, diverse situation, let the character be interesting, original, the plot simple yet effective, some plot twist here and there, badass moments and there, you get the perfect script for "Dream of Five" under another name. Plus the way I retool it's so complicate you can only think of DOF by reading at dialogues and getting some hint at it.

Fuck I read tvtropes on purpose to increase my way to create characters and settings.

I mean, everybody steals ideas, and If I say the makers of DOF that I basically steals their Idea to retool it in a movie script, they should be proud, cause their Idea it's great.

I stole already many ideas before in y life to write books - I'm at 23 books written now - and I manage that just by reading others work, getting hints, some copy/paste, different names, different settings, different events, et voila, brand new shit that will make me profit. I'm fucking 20 years old and 23 books it's a great record to me - not all of them long ass novels of course, but always something like 80 pages and more.

Edited by marcus90

So you're saying

You're Gilderoy Lockhart

okay

Memory charms~

Anywhore, patch release after FEE3 or later? Haven't been on Skype much 'cause it makes my music lag. Shitty dell laptop is shitty.

Later. Dan hasn't finished coding 14A as of yet, and I have a bunch of CGs I gotta do as well now that I'm done with FEE3 related work for 14A as well as some other shiny graphical stuff.

Dude, it's very easy too me: create a better background for characters, diverse situation, let the character be interesting, original, the plot simple yet effective, some plot twist here and there, badass moments and there, you get the perfect script for "Dream of Five" under another name. Plus the way I retool it's so complicate you can only think of DOF by reading at dialogues and getting some hint at it.

GOD, OF COURSE, WHY HADN'T I THOUGHT OF IT BEFORE

ALL I HAVE TO DO TO IMPROVE DREAM IS TO MAKE IT BETTER

so simple

and yet its simplicity is beauty itself

Fuck I read tvtropes on purpose to increase my way to create characters and settings.

pffffff

I mean, everybody steals ideas, and If I say the makers of DOF that I basically steals their Idea to retool it in a movie script, they should be proud, cause their Idea it's great.

You... don't actually know the plot. And haven't played a modern patch. So, uh...

I stole already many ideas before in y life to write books - I'm at 23 books written now

And how many of them were published?

and I manage that just by reading others work, getting hints, some copy/paste, different names, different settings, different events, et voila, brand new shit that will make me profit.

Oh, that sounds about right. 'None', then.

I'm fucking 20 years old and 23

brain cells?

books it's a great record to me - not all of them long ass novels of course, but always something like 80 pages and more.

80 pages of plagiarism and copy-paste, yeah, sure, respect.

I stole already many ideas before in y life to write books - I'm at 23 books written now - and I manage that just by reading others work, getting hints, some copy/paste, different names, different settings, different events, et voila, brand new shit that will make me profit. I'm fucking 20 years old and 23 books it's a great record to me - not all of them long ass novels of course, but always something like 80 pages and more.

Really? REALLY?! You dare test me and post? Are you stupid?

I said to drop it and what do you do? You flat-out ignore me! Not only is this very off-topic but it is completely insubordinate.

Yes, nothing is technically "original" but you don't just copy someone ideas exactly. If you want to talk about your book record then go make a thread about it elsewhere, perhaps general or FFtF.

You are truly mind-boggling.

Continue to post and you'll sorely regret it.

To everyone else:

CHANGE THE TOPIC!

eCut~

Edited by eCut

I'm not interested in playtesting, or rather I don't think my opinions on the gameplay would be worthwhile, except insofar as it relates to story.

These are some abbreviated notes I made on the game while playing, btw. I stopped playing around the Musain chapter where you join up with pirates.

-I think I missed Ilanice being intro'd as a knight, or why she's on her own in the middle of nowhere.

-Chester's unit being "decimated" might not be the best wording. [ADDITION: The technical definition of decimation in the military is the reduction of a unit by approximately or exactly one tenth of its forces, not near annihilation, which is what seemed to have happened to Chester's. It appears that a unit which has been decimated typically remains intact. This is not to say the word is totally inappropriate.]

-In ch 3, the sound that plays when y ou get the door key seems to be messed up.

-Might want to edit Crowe's description since he isn't a reformed bandit b4 joining you.

-Similarity b/w first Renair/Furet support and opening of game.

-Juan's intro conversation kind of seeems to lack any reason for him to join.

-Ch7, right between the opening and the preparations menu, there was a bit of a glitch on the map, things went fuzzy and screwy.

-Walled in ballista; how'd it get there. And aren't these bandits? Did they do some heavy construction in the mountains?

-Is the swordmaster boss weaker than the myrmimdon on the stage before? (aside from thunder sword)

-Dialogue skip in Kolbane/Furet C before "Same reason as you...as everyone, really."

-Merchant refers to you as "Lord Astra" even though there is no Astra (on this route, yet).

I'm not interested in playtesting, or rather I don't think my opinions on the gameplay would be worthwhile, except insofar as it relates to story.

These are some abbreviated notes I made on the game while playing, btw. I stopped playing around the Musain chapter where you join up with pirates.

-I think I missed Ilanice being intro'd as a knight, or why she's on her own in the middle of nowhere.

-Chester's unit being "decimated" might not be the best wording. [ADDITION: The technical definition of decimation in the military is the reduction of a unit by approximately or exactly one tenth of its forces, not near annihilation, which is what seemed to have happened to Chester's. It appears that a unit which has been decimated typically remains intact. This is not to say the word is totally inappropriate.]

Maybe that was the definition 2000 years ago in Classical Rome, but you might want to check a dictionary from after the Battle of Hastings.

I believe Juan's intro was completely re-written between the old patch and this. My memory is a bit hazy though since I don't particularly remember what exactly is in the public patch of last year between it and my 15 playthroughs, but I'm pretty sure the new joining dialogue isn't in the public patch. Same with Ilanice, I think, so those should be addressed already. The merchant issue should be fixed as well.

The rest I'll leave for Dan/Furet who know more about what actually goes on with the text than I do.

and what if Chester's unit had just 10 people

since this is Fire Emblem 10 is enough to take on a map

Edited by Zhuge Liang

-In ch 3, the sound that plays when y ou get the door key seems to be messed up.

-Might want to edit Crowe's description since he isn't a reformed bandit b4 joining you.

-Similarity b/w first Renair/Furet support and opening of game.

-Juan's intro conversation kind of seeems to lack any reason for him to join.

-Ch7, right between the opening and the preparations menu, there was a bit of a glitch on the map, things went fuzzy and screwy.

-Walled in ballista; how'd it get there. And aren't these bandits? Did they do some heavy construction in the mountains?

-Is the swordmaster boss weaker than the myrmimdon on the stage before? (aside from thunder sword)

-Dialogue skip in Kolbane/Furet C before "Same reason as you...as everyone, really."

-Merchant refers to you as "Lord Astra" even though there is no Astra (on this route, yet).

@Ilanice: We have that covered.

@Chester: Dunno, ask Furet.

@Ch3: It's fixed.

@Crowe: Noted

@Juan: We altered the text already

@Ch7: For how long? If it's less than a second don't mind it.

@Ballista: Push up the mountain

@SM: He's not a Swordmaster anymore/I have to remake the chapter again anyway

@Support: I fixed that already

@Lord Astra: Pretty sure I fixed that already

also lol at all that marcus90 stuff

Edited by AstraLunaSol

"decimated" used to refer to them segmenting their armed forces into groups of 10 and basically drawing straws, and killing the poor bastard with the short straw. It was a form of punishment or something IIRC (maybe they did it to prisoners or something?) Now, though, it basically means annihilated. :P