Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

- Awesome story bits as usual

- Player phase music seems a bit muddy, ZSE limitations? :( I'm digging it musically though, more so than the 12A music though not as good as one of the earlier themes.

- What's with the extra sound effect added in the promotion screen?

- Using the results screen music for an opening player cutscene seems a little odd. :/

Yay.

Yeah I know, I think it probably has too many tracks playing and it needs to be simplified.

Oh, that was my steam message notification, I didn't want to rerecord the video for the 5th time just because it appeared.

I tend to just use whatever seems to fit.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I figured if he didn't shut up eCut would just make him eventually :P

Do you like Dream of Five, Nayr? (serious question, no sarcasm or anything)

Since you just talked about talking about it, I'm curious as to what your views are :3.

I haven't played it much, and I may have problems with some who are involved in it. But I like what I've played and I respect the effort that the team is putting into it. It's a very custom and thorough rom hack.(and it pisses me off how Blazer/Luffy acts so condescending towards DoF and EN when his hack is a reface of other peoples' ideas and efforts. He acts like his hack is the only good one in existence.)

And Lancer's rantings were annoying me. As did the long trolly and harassing PM he sent that I just reported him for.

Edited by The Illusive Man

DreamOfFive_01-10.png

I don't know how I'm going to edit him to have lances, at all.

Oou, looking nice. :3 Head looks a bit tall though.

And I don't think it would be that hard actually. You could probably just make him attack like Ephraim (of course, you would have to make a couple of frames to make it smooth since the standing pose differs). :P

yeahno Dan, that one's actually eliwood with a lance :P

Although there's some Ephraim in there too. Decent reference though, anyway :3

Edited by Bacon

Oou, looking nice. :3 Head looks a bit tall though.

And I don't think it would be that hard actually. You could probably just make him attack like Ephraim (of course, you would have to make a couple of frames to make it smooth since the standing pose differs). :P

Actually I think most of Eliwood's motions would arguably work for a lance with minor edits. A few custom frames would have to be made to change the parts where he flaunts the sword around during his critical and when he prepares for his thrust forward.

Yeah I know I'm going to sound like a noob here, but I'm looking for assistance as I REALLY REALLY wanna play this game.

Only recently did I stumble across VBA and I've been playing Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones again and have realised how much I have missed the game.

After taking a look around the internet I stumble across Dream of Five and I've downloaded the file, the patch and even NUPS.

Sadly it won't allow me to patch :/

Is there something really silly that I'm doing wrong?

If someone could help me out that'd be great, I really want to play this and I'll happily leave my review once done!

Yeah I know I'm going to sound like a noob here, but I'm looking for assistance as I REALLY REALLY wanna play this game.

Only recently did I stumble across VBA and I've been playing Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones again and have realised how much I have missed the game.

After taking a look around the internet I stumble across Dream of Five and I've downloaded the file, the patch and even NUPS.

Sadly it won't allow me to patch :/

Is there something really silly that I'm doing wrong?

If someone could help me out that'd be great, I really want to play this and I'll happily leave my review once done!

Did you use the right rom? It's US (or english I think?) version of FE7 game, Blazing sword btw, not Sacred Stone.

Get an fe7 rom and the patch, patch with nups using the right options. That is really there is to it. Make sure te patch is a ups file. If it isn't and is still in rar form, then get winrar to un rar it and get the ups patch.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

I have to admire the difficulty for it firstly, definitely more challenging than the original game in my opinion.

I've came across something I wanted to check with y'all first!

On chapter 3 I came across a few units that wouldn't move towards me even when I was within range, these weren't key units one of them was just your average enemy mercenary. Are some units meant to hold their ground no matter what?

Other than that I've been really enjoying the game although I am going to need to restart as I will need to purchase some more potions for my next playthrough, didn't expect things to get as dicey, I'm really loving the game in a whole.

The storyline is pretty deep and I love the thought put into it.

The characters are all realistic and lovable in their own way.

And I love the addition of new weapons and new sprites too!

I've only got to chapter 3 and I'm loving it a heck of a lot!

Is it still a WIP though? It only goes up to Chapter 10 right?

I really hope this is a project that gets seen to the end!

Good work folks! :D

You get a healer in Chapter 4 :P

Yes, the patch you're playing has been done away with and all the chapters have been redone. The patch that's being worked on is a WIP too, though. Yes, yours only goes up to Chapter 10, although there's a routesplit, so it goes to 10A and 10B.

And it'll definitely be finished.

On chapter 3 I came across a few units that wouldn't move towards me even when I was within range, these weren't key units one of them was just your average enemy mercenary. Are some units meant to hold their ground no matter what?

Other than that I've been really enjoying the game although I am going to need to restart as I will need to purchase some more potions for my next playthrough, didn't expect things to get as dicey, I'm really loving the game in a whole.

The storyline is pretty deep and I love the thought put into it.

The characters are all realistic and lovable in their own way.

And I love the addition of new weapons and new sprites too!

I've only got to chapter 3 and I'm loving it a heck of a lot!

Is it still a WIP though? It only goes up to Chapter 10 right?

I really hope this is a project that gets seen to the end!

Good work folks! :D

Yes, some stand their ground no matter what.

We've fixed that massive need for potions, we've added a priest before ch3 so you don't have to rely on potions to heal you.

Yeah, it's a WIP, it goes up for chapter 10 on each route, since there will be a fork. In the next patch, both routes will be completed and characters from both routes will merge together.

It will definitely be finished.

Good to hear it will be getting finished, hearing that the game will split into two paths is great news too!

More of a reason to replay it!

I do very much look forward to getting a healer, but I had to restart chapter 3 anyway 'cause I accidentally killed the archer I wanted to recruit D:

So I'm gonna restart grab a couple more potions to make it a little easier for myself now I know a little more of the setup!

Forgot to point out I like the fact that you start the game with the usual promoted character, yet it ain't the usual paladin.

Kudos on the many personal touches!