Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

I'll let Astra cover the suggestions, I can't implement them anyway. But I doubt Zephyr can be made Onduris exclusive without impacting all the sword-maining units very negatively. Again, can't give away too much without spoiling things. Removing an existing unit from the Musain route Onduris-team roster is a possibility, but I don't have the power to give any affirmatives since I don't control what goes into the rom.

Quick question. As of now, are there any forced promotions for Renair, Arcus, or Enjolras (don't see why there would be for Enjolras, as he's a Mage). Also, when do I get guiding rings, hero crests and knight's crest? And what does Lia turn into (Mage Knight or Valkyrie)?

Renair, yes. I believe Arcus and Seymour gets heaven-seal type things, I don't remember if we're forcing them or not. Enjolras get normal mage things. Guiding ring is in 14A/15, Hero Crest 15/12B, Knight Crest 15, not sure if both routes. Possibly earlier in Musain but I honestly can't remember at this point.

Could just toss someone else in though I imagine the cast's well and truly finalized now. Not to mention there's a pretty wide spectrum of units available at that point anyway (plus a bunch more coming up including a Knight, as I recall) so maybe not.

Yeah I confirmed that the problem is indeed we entirely ran out of support pointers so the chances of getting a new unit is slim, though we are currently discussing alternative onduris rewards. It will most likely be an item or weapon or some kind, but we're not sure yet.

Edited by Thor Odinson

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Renair, yes. I believe Arcus and Seymour gets heaven-seal type things, I don't remember if we're forcing them or not. Enjolras get normal mage things. Guiding ring is in 14A/15, Hero Crest 15/12B, Knight Crest 15, not sure if both routes. Possibly earlier in Musain but I honestly can't remember at this point.

Hero's Crests in 12A and 12B, Guiding Rings in 14A and 14B.

Two more quick things.

1. Also, where is there an Elysian Whip or its equivalent?

2. I don't know if this has been noted (I haven't read through all 200 pages of text), but occasionally when Adrian plays the harp for someone to move again, a weapon rank upgrade icon appears, and says whatever weapon the person is using says it receives an upgrade. For example, I just had him play for Enjolras, and the anima icon popped up and said it upgraded.

1) 16. Not in this patch.

2) It's a known glitch. IIRC there's not really much we can do about it, just ignore it. Nothing game-related actually happens.

Just for the record, I'm not sure that making more promotion items/stat boosters available for Onduris will offset Stolypin properly. If one of them was the only Fell Contract in the game, then maybe it would work (Mage Knight or promoted Chester?), but in my opinion (which I know is rubbish at times), you need something special as an Onduris exclusive. Unique. Be that a character or a pseudo/actual legendary weapon. And as I said, if the latter, it wouldn't neccesarily have to show up in/immediately after Onduris.

...Come to think of it, I've yet to find that Ancient Lance in Onduris. That's not a Musain exclusive as well, is it?

Thor Odinson, on 06 Jun 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:

Hero's Crests in 12A and 12B, Guiding Rings in 14A and 14B.
There was a promotion item in 8Ax as well. A Bladed crest I think? You had to steal it from the boss. Edited by Wayward Winds

1) 16. Not in this patch.

2) It's a known glitch. IIRC there's not really much we can do about it, just ignore it. Nothing game-related actually happens.

Ah, okay. Thanks.

Just for the record, I'm not sure that making more promotion items/stat boosters available for Onduris will offset Stolypin properly. If one of them was the only Fell Contract in the game, then maybe it would work (Mage Knight or promoted Chester?), but in my opinion (which I know is rubbish at times), you need something special as an Onduris exclusive. Unique. Be that a character or a pseudo/actual legendary weapon. And as I said, if the latter, it wouldn't neccesarily have to show up in/immediately after Onduris.

...Come to think of it, I've yet to find that Ancient Lance in Onduris. That's not a Musain exclusive as well, is it?

There was a promotion item in 8Ax as well. A Bladed crest I think? You had to steal it from the boss.

How do you unlock 8AX?

Beat the boss of 8A, which is an optional objective.

The ancient weapons are not route exclusive due to their importance. There is one in Onduris. It's roughly around the similar time you'd get it in Musain, though not exactly the same.

Legendary weapon isn't going to happen. If only one such legendary weapon of its weapon type exist and it's bound to a route, then the primary users of that weapon will be sorely disadvantaged if you go the other route. On the other hand if you have 2 legendary weapons of the same weapon type barring lord exclusives, then going the route that obtains it will unbalance it in favor of that weapon unit because of both the power and stat bonuses a legendary weapon provides. A good weapon is possible, but nothing is decided yet.

Edited by Thor Odinson

The only recommendation I have so far is that you should put a Guiding Ring earlier in the game. There are so many magical units, that the player would greatly benefit from one in chapter 9 or 10. Gabriel, Asher, Amelia, Lia, Enjolras, Melissa, River. There's way more magical units competing for one item than other classes competing for promotion items.

The only recommendation I have so far is that you should put a Guiding Ring earlier in the game. There are so many magical units, that the player would greatly benefit from one in chapter 9 or 10. Gabriel, Asher, Amelia, Lia, Enjolras, Melissa, River. There's way more magical units competing for one item than other classes competing for promotion items.

Healers use rosaries to promote, Mages use Inner Flames to promote.

Nope. Chapter 9-10 is too early anyway.

Just finished Musain. Rough final battle with the Dragons.

2WV82xQ.png

Renair's awesome. Good in every stat, and can't wait for her to promote.

658L4BE.png

Her Strength is starting to lag a little, but she is still an awesome mage killer

iQ16PhT.png

I love him <3 Whoever designed his mug deserves a lot of credit, it's amazing. I game him the horse show, as his luck was very low.

QhDGOWn.png

Absolute beast. He got Speed like 4-5 levels in a row >_>

7ipwxPB.png

I don't know why her skill is so high, but I'll take it. Any friend of Enjolras is a friend of mine.

R80DfCs.png

Beast. A little fragile, but awesome.

RyT5Xoz.png

Kolbane with Axes.

44xbK5Y.png

Really tough decision coming up between who gets the Inner Flame, him or Enjolras >_< I gave him the speedwings equivalent.

9F5Dt5C.png

My new favorite unit. Sorry Illanice, but she literally is better than you in every stat except Resistance.

rDPzVkZ.png

Classic Bard awesomeness.

Basically I need promotion items for my units

Really great hack Astra! There was a steep difficulty curve that started in chapter 12, and finished through 14. I think I'm going to start the other route tomorrow when I get a chance. I also really hope there's a shop in chapter 15, almost everyone is out of weapons and staves and potions.

Edited by steroidz

Uh, did you delete all those screenshots? I can't see a single one (and this includes me going to imgur to check).

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I'm new to this site. I just played through chapter 14 of Dream of Five, and then the game jumped to chapter 19 and started glitching (character spawns in walls etc). Any solutions?

Hey, I'm new to this site. I just played through chapter 14 of Dream of Five, and then the game jumped to chapter 19 and started glitching (character spawns in walls etc). Any solutions?

Reading the patch notes/main post in this thread.

The patch only goes up to Chapter 14. You've finished what's currently released.

It makes me wonder why Dan didn't just make a dummy chapter that said "hi this chapter is not finished yet" and then looped back to itself

Ah ok. Well the first 14 were awesome. The only problem I almost faced was chapter 14. If you dont have a door key or a thief at the start of the chapter the level would become inpassable. Also thanks for the fast response.

Ah ok. Well the first 14 were awesome. The only problem I almost faced was chapter 14. If you dont have a door key or a thief at the start of the chapter the level would become inpassable. Also thanks for the fast response.

There are two routes, so you'd have to be specific. Did you get Arcus or Seymour for your second lord?

It was Seymour, I suppose that might be path b

Ah yeah, I can't believe I forgot that. I can't quite remember if Astra's mentioned that before, but I would assume that has been.

Edited by Fargo294