Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

So, I decided to give this hack a try, and so far its fairly decent.

Before I forget, I'm gonna point out a VERY minor bug. In Ch. 2, the tile directly under the mountain cave/entrance is labeled as a village ingame. No village exists, nor does any Visit option appear.

Regardless, this is nicely done. Oh yeah, are some of the generic brigand mugs (in the text scenes) supposed to have nonexistant eyes? I can't tell if this was done on purpose or if they are merely unfinished, i.e. missing eye frames.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I decided to give this hack a try, and so far its fairly decent.

Before I forget, I'm gonna point out a VERY minor bug. In Ch. 2, the tile directly under the mountain cave/entrance is labeled as a village ingame. No village exists, nor does any Visit option appear.

Regardless, this is nicely done. Oh yeah, are some of the generic brigand mugs (in the text scenes) supposed to have nonexistant eyes? I can't tell if this was done on purpose or if they are merely unfinished, i.e. missing eye frames.

The eye is generally the focus point of emotions on a human face, it lends to personality and character a lot, the removal of eyes is a notion that they're a blank NPC more or less, a generic.

At least, that's what I've gathered, FE7x has the same idea.

• 5 weeks later...

Musain is the A route, right? If that's the case then that's an original song by kenZOMG (or whatever he's going by now) called A Journey's Preface.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, August 29, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, August 29, 2014 - No reason given

Sorry if this doesn't belong on this part of the forums. Seems like the best place to x-post

Can't find a detailed list on the roster for this game. Was wondering if there's an existing one that I can be directed to. I'm feeling anxious that like I missed a character.

For those who don't know what game I'm talking about:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=24662?st=0

Edited by EmperorGolbez

Best thing at the moment is the character stat sheet on the front page; it losts every character currently available in alphabetical order.

Strictly speaking, all recruitment is pretty well signposted at the moment. If you visit all villages (plus the villages that look like houses in Ch. 9A), you shouldn't miss seeing everyone. As for recruitment of the rest, use people who've outright said "let me talk to him/her", relatives, and if there's nothing like that, Renair will work. There are no recruitable characters in the optional gaiden chapters. The two named NPCs of Ch. 10A (who start with you; forget the people in the cells for now) aren't recruitable; neither are the named NPCs of 14B and 8A.

I'd say more, but I'm not overstepping my bounds here.

Best thing at the moment is the character stat sheet on the front page; it losts every character currently available in alphabetical order.

If you're talking about the spreadsheet in google docs, it's a link to an empty folder. Either I'm missing something, or the file is actually gone.

Edited by EmperorGolbez

If you're talking about the spreadsheet in google docs, it's a link to an empty folder. Either I'm missing something, or the file is actually gone.

I meant the stat calculator found in the first post of this thread actually. I've just checked it and it works fine for me (tested using android smartphone).

Ah, I see the stat calculator. Thanks! Even though I still can't see the spreadsheet. Using Windows phone. Odd. Regardless, thanks again for the replies!

No problem. You'll need to use the drop down menu to see the names, and select one to see the appropriate spreadsheet. Otherwise you'll just have the "Name", "Level", "HP", "Strength/Magic" header line but nothing below it.

One character (Stolypin) isn't on there, but you automatically gain him at the end of Ch. 14A (as far as the hack goes at present anyway).

i haven't been directly involved with development for a while so i'm not completely in the loop; from what I know there is actually an incomplete v5 patch circulating internally

the only reason i know about the "stuff is supposed to happen over the summer" thing is because astra asked me to help out with events (i said sure) and then never got back to me

That's a shame, hopefully you guys aren't losing the drive to keep at it. A lot of projects with potential go unfinished and I'd hate to see another.

Procrastination at its finest. It happens.

(At least, that could be one factor. That or people tend to have other priorities to deal with, I guess)

What happened is

Astra told me to make the renair animation

and I did start it

but then he had the bad sense to get me into jojo

so all my productivity went over to jojo and nobody wants to do anything with incomplete animations

so sorry guys it's all my fault

and astra's

nobody get me into anything for winter break and we may see renair again

but no it is not dead we're just kinda lazy atm and college started

Edited by Thor Odinson

Good to hear.

I totally won't mention my favorite manga which would be Mahou Sensei Negima.

Nor would I mention any of the anime I've watched lately, curiously, they are quite addicting, especially Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei and No Game No Life.

Again, I won't mention them.

Good luck with your tempting desires to distract yourself from the stress inducing Renair promoted animation.

See most manga wouldn't be distracting for me due to a lack of interest but

Astra knew jojo is 100% up my alley (MUSCULAR MEN POSING!!! though you come for the bara and stay for the characters and plot) which is how this happened usually i'm too lazy to watch anything lol

Maybe i'll put some influences in my future animations, I think, I'll just have to figure out a pose that'd make sense and doesn't feel ooc but still very much a pose

I'll figure something out

hope photoshop doesn't crash on me too much in the mean time; I do have every frame of the regular sword attack planned out though and yeti-approved