Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

I decided I'm going to restart this tonight, since my semester's over now. I saw that there are route splits, is there anything important I should know about the splits before I make a decision on them (character recruitment, difficulty, items, etc)?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided I'm going to restart this tonight, since my semester's over now. I saw that there are route splits, is there anything important I should know about the splits before I make a decision on them (character recruitment, difficulty, items, etc)?

Mage route has female soldier, two mages, two cavaliers, a priest and a lord if I remember correctly, and i think a bard? (and a mage knight at end.)

Warrior route has female wyvern knight, a lord, nomad, a male soldier, a dancer, and a pirate. (and a swordmaster at end)

Warrior is harder of the two due to how the missions are done, and its strict rescue operations

Items are fairly the same, just minor difference because of units difference.

You get the other route's units after your route's era ends.

Edited by Fateborn

Mage route has female soldier, two mages, two cavaliers, a priest and a lord if I remember correctly, and i think a bard? (and a mage knight at end.)

Warrior route has female wyvern knight, a lord, nomad, a male soldier, a dancer, and a pirate. (and a swordmaster at end)

Warrior is harder of the two due to how the missions are done, and its strict rescue operations

Items are fairly the same, just minor difference because of units difference.

You get the other route's units after your route's era ends.

Thanks. Gotta go Mage route out of respect for the female soldier (More out of respect for Nephenee <3).

And in this game, is it more recommended to use a lot of units, or to solely focus on a small amount (like 6-8 instead of 10-13)?

even distribution since you get enough exp overall anyway

Thanks for the quick response. Last question (as of now), when do you recruit the characters in your banner (I know Renair and Garath in the Prologue).

Thanks for the quick response. Last question (as of now), when do you recruit the characters in your banner (I know Renair and Garath in the Prologue).

There's also a Pegasus Knight in the mage route.

You get (will get? I should finish Musain sometime) a Mage Knight from the Musain route, as I recall from last year's FEE3.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Is it a FE8 Mage Knight that uses Anima & Staves and rides a horse, or one that uses magic and swords/lances?

The former.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Is it a FE8 Mage Knight that uses Anima & Staves and rides a horse, or one that uses magic and swords/lances?

Anima and staffs. I don't think there's potential to do magic and physical weapons.

Anima and staffs. I don't think there's potential to do magic and physical weapons.

You absolutely can. It just feeds off of the same stat.

You absolutely can. It just feeds off of the same stat.

Really? I figured as much, but that's interesting nonetheless.

By the way, the game won't say "Mage route or Warrior route?", it'll say "Musain or Onduris?". Musain sees a lot of magic using enemies (hence "mage" route), Onduris prefers prioritising pysical combatant enemies.

unless astra changed things without telling me fateborn is wrong (there are some shared units but there are route exclusives)

Edited by CT075

musain is kinda harder, but I personally think you get better units.

11B begs to differ.

Cam, I think Fateborn might be referring to the FEE3 video, where Stolypin is pointed out as being Musain-route-exclusive, and Balder and a couple of other Onduris characters show up, along with Kanus.

Edited by Siuloir