Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you please tell me how to activate the ups???

Read. The. Readme. In. The. First. Post.

Now, if those instructions are unclear, let me know, and I'll clarify them.

1. Download the .ups file.

2. Download a patching tool like NUPS or Multipatch.

3. Download a clean FE7 ROM (1235 version), look it up in google.

3. Open NUPS/Multipatch.

4. Where it says 'patch file', select the .ups file.

5. Where it says 'file to patch', select the clean FE7 ROM.

6. Where it says 'save patched file as', name it what you want.

7. Apply the patch.

8. Open the patched ROM in VBA and play :)

I hope this makes things clearer o.o

Edited by Haku

It's "clean", not "clear". "Clean" means that it's a FE ROM that has been unmodified with other patches.

You forgot unused. The rom needs to not only be unmodified but it shouldn't be used with previous saves of the original rom.

It should be brand new and clean (as in you hadn't played the rom yet) before patching

I'm going to start another run, and I'm thinking of using Inari this time. I was never able to convince myself to use her what with all the lance users everywhere, so does anyone have any advice on leveling her up quickly?

The Kris that she comes equipped with is pretty good at killing stuff. Otherwise I seem to recall her faring pretty well with other special equipment i.e. Armorslayer, Lancereaver etc. due to a decent Con stat.

I'm going to start another run, and I'm thinking of using Inari this time. I was never able to convince myself to use her what with all the lance users everywhere, so does anyone have any advice on leveling her up quickly?

She's pretty worthless.

You could probably feed her a bunch of kills on the Boatride from Hell (12B is it?), but I'm not sure what she offers that Kolbane doesn't. Except the Kris, of course.

I wouldn't say worthless. Outclassed? Sure, but we aim for every unit to be usable without being too big of a pain. If you like her for whatever reasons, that's why she comes with Kris and B rank swords. Weapon ranks do come pretty slow which is why we gave her that B.

So don't be afraid to use Kris. If you can finish a wyvern with it (it does 18-19 dmg at base iirc, though I haven't played in a while), do it with her.

I wouldn't say worthless. Outclassed? Sure, but we aim for every unit to be usable without being too big of a pain. If you like her for whatever reasons, that's why she comes with Kris and B rank swords. Weapon ranks do come pretty slow which is why we gave her that B.

So don't be afraid to use Kris. If you can finish a wyvern with it (it does 18-19 dmg at base iirc, though I haven't played in a while), do it with her.

I should clarify/qualify with: I've never seen Kolbane come out poorly enough to warrant using Inari, particularly in light of the existence of Seymour (though, Weapon ranks, I suppose.) You could probably even replace her with Vixenk if you needed swords, even though Vixenk is pretty mediocre himself.

The Kris is the key though, both to Inari's existence and to levelling her, I suspect.

I should clarify/qualify with: I've never seen Kolbane come out poorly enough to warrant using Inari, particularly in light of the existence of Seymour (though, Weapon ranks, I suppose.) You could probably even replace her with Vixenk if you needed swords, even though Vixenk is pretty mediocre himself.

The Kris is the key though, both to Inari's existence and to levelling her, I suspect.

It's also, like. if you like her as a character.

This is true in my case, and is basically the reason I'm playing Onduris route one more time: I've yet to properly use her (I've used everyone else to some success, even Kanus who borders on joke character IMO). Part of the problem is also the enemies' weapon composition (mostly swords and lances) and she joins one chapter before the Speed jump in mainland Onduris.

It's also, like. if you like her as a character.

She has what, one line of dialogue, how are you supposed to like her? She has no identity whatsoever other than 'that female mercenary'.

This is true in my case, and is basically the reason I'm playing Onduris route one more time: I've yet to properly use her (I've used everyone else to some success, even Kanus who borders on joke character IMO). Part of the problem is also the enemies' weapon composition (mostly swords and lances) and she joins one chapter before the Speed jump in mainland Onduris.

Every Kanus I've ever had was strong. Huh. (Although he shows up in an awkward time.)