Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't remerber it being rectified, but have you guys thought of a solution to the route exclusive characters joining when there's a convergance(in regards to the level disparity that would be present), without mucking up the support library? Or did you guys figure out a method to make the autolevel more accurate or something?

Don't remerber it being rectified, but have you guys thought of a solution to the route exclusive characters joining when there's a convergance(in regards to the level disparity that would be present), without mucking up the support library? Or did you guys figure out a method to make the autolevel more accurate or something?

We're probably gonna do auto level, since it works properly. Example, Balder loaded in Musain as a level 20 Pirate.

Since auto level averages last I checked, stats shouldn't be too bad?

EDIT: Okay, so they don't completely average out. (Balder is missing 1 res and is blessed in HP Defence and Skill) Though auto level seems like the only way we'd be able to get everyone from both route rosters together, so we're probably going to stick with it.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

We're probably gonna do auto level, since it works properly. Example, Balder loaded in Musain as a level 20 Pirate.

Since auto level averages last I checked, stats shouldn't be too bad?

EDIT: Okay, so they don't completely average out. (Balder is missing 1 res and is blessed in HP Defence and Skill) Though auto level seems like the only way we'd be able to get everyone from both route rosters together, so we're probably going to stick with it.

Ok, just wasn't sure what the solution was considering the last time this was brought up.

Out of curiosity, are there any chars truly exclusive in the same vein as Harken/Karel and Wallace/Geitz? Of course you could reply with a play it yourself and I'd grudginly accept it.

Are you sure you're not going to have them ASM hacked

Autolevel differs everytime you reset the chapter IIRC

Just like restart and you can probably play around until you get really good stats

...hey on that note if I autolevel generic enemies and set the RNG to "always 0" will it make them all really hard because they always gain a stat growth on autolevel?

... o_O *checks*

Ok, just wasn't sure what the solution was considering the last time this was brought up.

Out of curiosity, are there any chars truly exclusive in the same vein as Harken/Karel and Wallace/Geitz? Of course you could reply with a play it yourself and I'd grudginly accept it.

I thought that all the characters that you got on the route split would be route-exclusive :P Kinda excited now that they're not.

i could, conceivably, hack it so the autolevel sets it to their averages but i'd surely need some extra motivation to put it at the top of my asm laundry list for now

i could, conceivably, hack it so the autolevel sets it to their averages but i'd surely need some extra motivation to put it at the top of my asm laundry list for now

Since it's not much extra work for them I wouldn't be surprised if they asked you eventually >_>

Setting autolevel to do averages does have its flaws though... (cough, all generic enemies of the same level always have the same stats... XP)

Play the game

Are you sure you're not going to have them ASM hacked

Autolevel differs everytime you reset the chapter IIRC

Just like restart and you can probably play around until you get really good stats

Cam already has a ton of crap to do

Yeah that's the problem, But I don't think it'll be too much of an issue since units from the other route will probably only gain 5 levels at best from their join time.

If you restart until you get good levels you're dishonest and shit at life.

Put that in the ReadMe, first paragraph.

If you restart until you get good levels you're dishonest and shit at life.

Put that in the ReadMe, first paragraph.

How 'bout the stats I got for my first run in the readme? :P:

Since route splits have been discussed, I guess I will ask if there will be any more? (Or if there are or will be gaiden chapters...I can't remember if I've unlocked any so far XD )

Obviamly if you don't want to say it's no business of mine.

No more route splits... massive ones like Musain/Onduris, anyway. Currently, there will be one (...maybe one more I've forgotten?) sidestory in the next public patch.

Can't you load units in the chapter before they appear so that if people want to RNG abuse they have to rewind two chapters? Isn't this kind of what FE6 does or something like that?

Can't you load units in the chapter before they appear so that if people want to RNG abuse they have to rewind two chapters? Isn't this kind of what FE6 does or something like that?

But then they'll appear in the prep screen.Though now you give me an idea that might work.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

Considering you can use save states, I'm pretty sure you can just abuse that way.

You can also abuse everyone's level ups using savestates. Honestly, if people really want to savestate abuse there's no stopping that. And I'd rather not code in something that turns off savestates since that'd make things less fun for people who just use it as emergency "oh shit I accidentally clicked the wrong thing oops" backups and I'd imagine bugtesting would be really annoying if I can't go back and test a few different scenarios on the same turn if I didn't have savestates.

Considering you can use save states, I'm pretty sure you can just abuse that way.

You can, but only if you know when they're being loaded. (Which, now that you guys have given me an idea, I think I can prevent you guys from finding out when I load them in, unless of course you disassemble the chapters.)

Might as well post some early 12A stuff as well:

DreamOfFive_01-7.png

Edited by AstraLunaSol