Fire Emblem Forever (status: dead?)

Krad

Maybe?

Oh yeah, Fin palette.

1q22jr.png

If you're wondering about the blue lines near the horse's armor, that's just an annoying thing about the Cavalier palette. It was either that or some random gold lines in Fin's armor, and the second option didn't look good (I tried it.).

Edited by Krad

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, cavvy's sprite is teh balls.

And great to finally see an indoor chapter in FE4 =o.

Oh and, maybe I could try making a map sprite for Leaf? I dabble in them, so I can't promise anything, but I could always try.

I plan to have a few more indoor chapters, though most of them will be gaidens.

Also, if you could make a map sprite for Leaf, it would be great!

And now, palettes for Leaf and Nanna, and a very minor update on Celice's map sprite.

28kj5zd.pngmr953k.png

Leafmapsprite.png

This is my first map sprite from scratch, and I think I did a pretty good job.

I know you also need frames, but I have no idea how to do those, so either you'll have to do without frames for a while, or ask someone else. Can't help you with that, sorry.

Hope you like it, though =).

EDIT:

BwdYeti also took a crack at it;

Leafmapspriteyeti.png

Use whichever you like the most.

Edited by Feaw

Those two look great. I personally like Yeti's a bit more due to the way the armor is done, but yours isn't bad either, especially for a first map sprite. Thanks!

I think I can make some standing frames for Yeti's, but I'm not too sure about the walking sprites.

Also, some screens since I don't like posting without them.

oaavd5.png1zb8bhh.png

I see Asvel.

I want to play this now.

Include Mareeta and it's a definite.

• Inclusion of some FE5 characters. So far the only ones I'm sure they'll be added are Evayle, Mareeta and Asvel.

:P

However she doesn't join in this chapter. She'll probably join in 6x or around that point.

I know you probably won't listen to this but...:P

Dean, Linoan, Reinhardt, Cyas, Olwen, and maybe Miranda could be easily put in what with having certain castles, or Dean and Linoan involving Arion. Cyas and Reinhardt could come in when you end up fighting Ishtar. Olwen could be with like Tinny. Maybe Xavier somewhere too. Fergus could do something what with the whole Beo thing. Or maybe Eriyos.

Dagda, Marty, and Tania could also fight if you run into some bandits on the way to Hannible since that's around where Purple Dragon Mountain. Shanam could probably come in somewhere.

If you have Mareeta, have Galzus. :P

Fee, Misha, and Karin Triangle attack? Karin and Misha come in when you recruit Sety?

Since your maps are bigger, if you add a forest or something, maybe the Dandelion gang? Sara (Female Druid 8])?

Otherwise it's looking really good. Patty and Faval have to meet Evayl D:

Dean, Linoan, Reinhardt, Cyas, Olwen, and maybe Miranda could be easily put in what with having certain castles, or Dean and Linoan involving Arion. Cyas and Reinhardt could come in when you end up fighting Ishtar. Olwen could be with like Tinny. Maybe Xavier somewhere too. Fergus could do something what with the whole Beo thing. Or maybe Eriyos.

Of those, the ones I'm most likely to add are Dean, Cyas and Fergus. In fact, I'd already planned some recruitment scenarios for Cyas and Fergus (for example, Cyas replaces Hilda, and can be recruited there. Fergus could appear with Aless and his troops). I may be able to fit Linoan somewhere.

For Reinhardt and Olwen, I'll probably have Reinhardt as an unrecruitable enemy near Freege, and Olwen could join around that point.

Xavier, eh, I'll have to think about it. The point isn't really to have 60 playable characters. (Seriously, by the end of 3x you already have 20 units)

Dagda, Marty, and Tania could also fight if you run into some bandits on the way to Hannible since that's around where Purple Dragon Mountain. Shanam could probably come in somewhere.

Eh, I don't know. None of those four characters are notable enough to be added. Maybe Dagda, but the rest probably not. Shanam may appear in a village however, if you visit that village with Shanam(hilarity ensues)

If you have Mareeta, have Galzus. :P

Sure, but most likely as an endgame bonus character, sort of like Athos.

Fee, Misha, and Karin Triangle attack? Karin and Misha come in when you recruit Sety?

Karin and Misha are going to be playable, no doubt about that.

Since your maps are bigger, if you add a forest or something, maybe the Dandelion gang? Sara (Female Druid 8])?

Lifis already joins, but at an earlier point. Shiva, I'm not sure. The game is already overflowing with Myrms/Swordmasters. Sara? If I can fit her, sure. Saphy? Maybe.

Otherwise it's looking really good. Patty and Faval have to meet Evayl D:

Thanks. Just wait, I've already thought of something about Eyvel and Patty/Faval.

Of those, the ones I'm most likely to add are Dean, Cyas and Fergus. In fact, I'd already planned some recruitment scenarios for Cyas and Fergus (for example, Cyas replaces Hilda, and can be recruited there. Fergus could appear with Aless and his troops). I may be able to fit Linoan somewhere.

Yesssss. That actually makes more sense, since supposedly you kill Hilda, and then she shows back up at Freege which made zero sense. Linoan could probably join around with Dean or Saphy. I'd say in the Final Chapter when Altenna can make Arion Green, there should be some special thing if you do it with Linoan his fiance.

For Reinhardt and Olwen, I'll probably have Reinhardt as an unrecruitable enemy near Freege, and Olwen could join around that point.

Xavier, eh, I'll have to think about it. The point isn't really to have 60 playable characters. (Seriously, by the end of 3x you already have 20 units)

Double Yesssss. Xavier was just that he was stationed at Lenster so that made some sense.

Eh, I don't know. None of those four characters are notable enough to be added. Maybe Dagda, but the rest probably not. Shanam may appear in a village however, if you visit that village with Shanam(hilarity ensues)

I was just saying if you could it wouldn't be too hard. Oh, I have to see how that turns out.

Sure, but most likely as an endgame bonus character, sort of like Athos.

8]

Karin and Misha are going to be playable, no doubt about that.

Triple Yessssss.

Lifis already joins, but at an earlier point. Shiva, I'm not sure. The game is already overflowing with Myrms/Swordmasters. Sara? If I can fit her, sure. Saphy? Maybe.

SINCE WHEN. Shiva and Saphy could probably join at Tahra. I'm not sure where it is, but I do know the village in Chapter 7 that was near that Thief Fighter with the Clipper that's super annoying is actually like standing on Fiana. Lara should totally join, even if 2 dancers is insanely broken.

Thanks. Just wait, I've already thought of something about Eyvel and Patty/Faval.

Yesssss. That actually makes more sense, since supposedly you kill Hilda, and then she shows back up at Freege which made zero sense. Linoan could probably join around with Dean or Saphy. I'd say in the Final Chapter when Altenna can make Arion Green, there should be some special thing if you do it with Linoan his fiance.

I'll consider it.

Double Yesssss. Xavier was just that he was stationed at Lenster so that made some sense.

After thinking about it, I have decided not to include Xavier.

I was just saying if you could it wouldn't be too hard. Oh, I have to see how that turns out.

Again, I'll consider it. It's still a bit too early to think about things that happen near Manster when I haven't even started the Yied Shrine.

SINCE WHEN. Shiva and Saphy could probably join at Tahra. I'm not sure where it is, but I do know the village in Chapter 7 that was near that Thief Fighter with the Clipper that's super annoying is actually like standing on Fiana. Lara should totally join, even if 2 dancers is insanely broken.

Since I can't distinguish whether the SINCE WHEN is directed to Lifis early jointime or the many myrms, I'll answer both. For Lifis recruitment, just scroll down a little. And about the many myrms, let's count. Lakche, Skasaha, Shanan, Mareeta and Eyvel. I think 5 characters of a single class is already enough.

And I'm not adding Lara, 2 dancers is just way too broken.

And now, screens.

255krnm.jpgwtwzcx.pngoqaree.png

Unfortunately I've never played the original game but this screens looking really awesome and I really like the sprites.

I'm a great fan of this hack and I'm gonna support this.

Thanks.

You should play the original, though. I'm taking quite a few liberties here and there (the first and most obvious one is the moment of Johalva's recruitment), and it will end up feeling quite different from the original FE4.

T_T it's looking more and more epic

and I need a good game to play on my DS... I am anticipating this greatly

Thanks. I'll most likely release a patch that covers Prologue until 3x sometime during the next week. I have a self-imposed deadline of March 9th for this.

And to keep the tradition alive.

amqgb7.png2vboqiu.png

Since I can't distinguish whether the SINCE WHEN is directed to Lifis early jointime or the many myrms, I'll answer both. For Lifis recruitment, just scroll down a little. And about the many myrms, let's count. Lakche, Skasaha, Shanan, Mareeta and Eyvel. I think 5 characters of a single class is already enough.

While I agree with Shiva not really needing to join (awesome as he is), I still don't think Skasaha should be a myrm->sm. As he is, Lakche has... well, almost everything better than he does (unless you changed growths a lot), so his use would drastically decrease and he might not even be used if you have limited deployment slots. Giving him axes would make him have something that Lakche doesn't. He should be a mercenary->hero. Unless I missed something where he's a myrm->hero.

Will Eyvel's growths be

the same as Briggid's?

or her craptastic FE5 ones?

That's up to you to discover. It also isn't very important since she's probably not leveling at all in 3x.

Hey i just started playjing the original and it's really epic like your hack

You make a beta of the original

But i think the limit of enemies in FE7 are 50 or something and in the original there are many more how will you solve the problem?

By splitting up the chapters. Prologue-Chapter 3 are all Chapter 6 of the original FE4 but split into 4 different chapters.

While I agree with Shiva not really needing to join (awesome as he is), I still don't think Skasaha should be a myrm->sm. As he is, Lakche has... well, almost everything better than he does (unless you changed growths a lot), so his use would drastically decrease and he might not even be used if you have limited deployment slots. Giving him axes would make him have something that Lakche doesn't. He should be a mercenary->hero. Unless I missed something where he's a myrm->hero.

I can't remember if I said this before, but Skasaha is going Myrm -> Hero. Also, they are slightly different. Skasaha has more STR and DEF while Lakche has more SKL and SPD.

No screens here since I've been writing the script for 3x rather than adding the events today.

That's up to you to discover. It also isn't very important since she's probably not leveling at all in 3x.

I can't remember if I said this before, but Skasaha is going Myrm -> Hero. Also, they are slightly different. Skasaha has more STR and DEF while Lakche has more SKL and SPD.

I can't speak for him but you have no idea how much favoritism I give Briggid. I once had a 100 kill Ichival in Gen 1.

Oh. Well that's good. Thanks.

I can't speak for him but you have no idea how much favoritism I give Briggid. I once had a 100 kill Ichival in Gen 1.

Considering that she's fighting enemies that are about 20 levels lower than her in this chapter...

Redid most of Chapter 3x's text, since after re-reading it I found it quite blegh.

344z7le.pngifuzcj.png144bl3n.png2qco31i.png

inb4 overpowered

Considering that she's fighting enemies that are about 20 levels lower than her in this chapter...

Redid most of Chapter 3x's text, since after re-reading it I found it quite blegh.

344z7le.pngifuzcj.png144bl3n.png2qco31i.png

inb4 overpowered

Not really, 8 CON isn't too great, and if she's foghting things way below her it kind of makes her a EXP sucker.

Finally finished adding the death quotes for playable characters and bosses. This means that I'm almost ready for a demo release. Here is my to-do list if anyone wants to see it.

• Dannan's boss conversations
  • Chapter 2's map changes
  • Chapter 3x's map changes
  • Chapter 3x's ending event
  • Gustav's palette
  • Add a few missing portraits

I can probably manage to finish everything except the portraits tomorrow. Then it's testing time, and finally I can release a patch. I also need some betatesters since I apparently only have one at the moment (Seph)

And to stop me frm typing, a screen from an awesome NPC in Chapter 3x. (flying fighters are the best)

259ed0w.png

You get 8 NPCs at the start, and 4 more appear as reinforcements. Also troubadours are suicidal.

Oh I can beta test! It's bed time here ( 1 am), but tomorrow I'll be available all day, so just hit up on me, send me the patch via PM whenever you want~

Also lol @ the axes in that screen.

Edited by Feaw

So? I'll probably have her solo the chapter :P

Anyways, looking forward to this.

i have no problem with eveyl being op

aso you gotta have those 5 generic Knights that are with Glade make some sort of cameo