Blademaster's gallery

Blademaster!

Is this any better? I'm trying to base the flip off of the mercenary animation, but I don't know how many times that animation flips. I think it's twice.

It's still choppy. The only way you're gonna fix it is with your frame timings.

Isn't there a way to export the animation/script itself out of a FE game with FEditor or something and just use it for reference? Isn't that how people do things like slighly edit a class' sprite for a character with a unique look for that class, such as Guy.

Just a question, it seems as if you're guessing with trying to mimic the Merc's spin, experimenting and hoping for the best.

Edited by Zeo

Isn't there a way to export the animation/script itself out of a FE game with FEditor or something and just use it for reference? Isn't that how people do things like slighly edit a class' sprite for a character with a unique look for that class, such as Guy.

Just a question, it seems as if you're guessing with trying to mimic the Merc's spin, experimenting and hoping for the best.

Only way to "export" it is to get the animation via FEditor animation manager and then look at the *whatever*frame data.dmp.

If you look in Hextator's Doc, you'll find what each thing is:

XX XX XX 85 = Command

00 00 00 80 = Mode Terminator

XX 00 00 86 YY YY YY YY ZZ ZZ ZZ ZZ = Frame, duration, OAM data or whatever.

Crit that's faster than normal attack wut wut

Is that really so wrong? I mean, you'd think a critical blow would be faster than a normal attack anyway. Force = mass * acceleration after all...

Edited by Blademaster!

I think he means the time the hero spends next to the enemy wailing on him. Normally a crit animation has either one really big blow and hangs out for a while, or a bunch of attacks. Right now it's two small attacks and looks a little lackluster =/

No I mean how fast the whole crit is. The normal attack he hangs out in the air for a good while and has a moderately paced return, the crit it's just bam bam and back to stance. It lacks the impact since there's no anticipation? Plus you probably want to be consistent with IS FE animations

Something like the Paladin is a good example, posing and such at the start, the accelerating galloping to build anticipation for the hit, and then no blur on the actual attack, it just cuts to the hit frame. That's how you do a fast hit.

The Mage Knight is a great example of a crit that's completely different from the regular attack (though it's a magic attack so using as reference in this case doesn't work), and the crit still takes longer.

Edited by BwdYeti

• 7 months later...

standf.png

Eh, I wanted to see what I could get the original to look like in FE form, but this is as close as I was willing to get. I think it turned out okay as an ordinary sprite, but definitely not as an FE one.

Edited by Blademaster!