ATTN: People who can rip FE tilesets.

Feaw

If you can't rip tilesets, don't read this.

Well, I've long thought all FE tilesets are ripped, but it seems that this is far from being true.

I was thinking about that scene in chapter 19xx in FE 7, in the dragons gate, that flashback scene with Nergal, Ninian and Nils. It's different palette than the regular dragons gate one. And since we don't have it ripped (at least not that I'm aware of), I asked Blazer if he had experience with ripping tilesets, and he said a little.

So I told him about the tileset, and he tried to do it. He then stumbled upon 7 other dragons gate palettes, some of which are ugly, but still. So I asked him if he could rip those.

He did one, which was ugly, so we decided to just ignore it. He doesn't have that much experience, and it was tedious and all to rip those tilesets, and he had to leave in a bit anyway.

But, he told me this;

"tileset 6A 00 6B 6C

use the Event Reference Module to change entry 0x6B to different palettes

0x361938 - Normal

0x3619D8 - Nighttime

0x361A78 - Bright Day

0x361B18 - Reddish Sunset

0x360A38 - Unworking Plains Tileset

0x360AD8 - Above, Darker

0x360718 - Nergal Flashback Palette

0x3607B8 - Above, Darker

Those are the offsets to all the different palettes for those tilesets.

Enter those offsets with the event reference module into entry 0x6B and then set a map to use tileset 6A 00 6B 6C, then rip the tileset."

Soooo... it seems that there's a nighttime and sunset palette. And he also found a nighttime snow palette and lava cave one and some other stuff.

He thought it'd be safe to assume that IS probably made at least a nighttime version of all tilesets becuase of FoW and whatever.

So, my request is that you people who can rip tilesets look into the tilesets for different, unused or unknown palettes, only if they're usable of course, and rip them.

This way we can finally have ALL possible FE tilesets ripped and be done with it.

Oh, and this of course, is for all three GBA games, not just 7.

Another tip for ripping them, which I got from Nintenlord and BwdYeti, is that you just make a map with all the tile entries in order (aka a map that looks exactly like the tileset), insert it, and have that map use any tileset you want to rip.

So if you feel up to it, could you do some research for me and probably all the other mappers out there?

Big thanks~

Edited by Feaw

These tile sets are horrible. The shades are not right, they are unrealistic, they have dead pixels, and they smell like diarrhea. If I was a Fire Emblem character, I'd spend all my movement moving around every single one of these tiles for all of eternity. I wouldn't want to be caught dead on these, and yes, I know returning from death is not possible in Fire Emblem - they are that bad.

Oh, I thought it said "People who can rip ON FE tilesets"...